GitUp Git2 Firmware

One time should be enough. As you can see at the TechTronic9000 video guide only SPI resetting will affect the sensor calibration.

enjoy,
Mtz

one more thing is on my mind :) when you do sensor calibration (fixing hot pixels) and everything is ok, does you need do it again when in future new firmware is released or one time is ok?

those settings are in a protected area of memory, firmware update won't overwrite the setting

had to do the sensor calibration 3 times, but then it worked. pretty hard with the wide angel lens to have a complete white screen with no shadow.

thx

6. Added: Video Bitrate options for below modes: 1080P 60fps, 1440P 30fps, 1296P 30fps, 2160P 24fps, 1080P 30fps;

any info on the 3 bitrate options available?

had to do the sensor calibration 3 times, but then it worked. pretty hard with the wide angel lens to have a complete white screen with no shadow.

thx
I used led light under white paper and lens get directly on paper, works good. Becose with wide lens i can't get white screen without shadow.

6. Added: Video Bitrate options for below modes: 1080P 60fps, 1440P 30fps, 1296P 30fps, 2160P 24fps, 1080P 30fps;

any info on the 3 bitrate options available?

The option is in the video settings, check below for details.
Resolution High Medium Low
1920x1080P 60FPS 35.8 Mbps 27.5 Mbps 18.3 Mbps
1920x1080P 30FPS 28.1 Mbps 16.8 Mbps 14.4 Mbps
1440x1080P 60FPS 36.1 Mbps 19.9 Mbps 18.1 Mbps
2560*1440 30fps 36.4 Mbps 20.1 Mbps 17.9 Mbps
1920*1440 30fps 36.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 18.5 Mbps
2304*1296 30fps 36.7 Mbps 19.9 Mbps 18.2 Mbps

i update firmware and do hot pixel fix procedure but i think i found bug again :D in photo mode when you set capture mode 10 sequence quality is set to 16megapixels and i use selftimer mode 5 sec i see this in right corner on on of 10 pictures http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/aI7yHHZe/file.html

it's good to find a bug that is easy to replicate, if you can replicate it then it's much easier for the engineer to fix it

yap, i can replicate it now i try with mode 10 sequence, quality is set to 16megapixels without selftimer.. problem is with 10 sequence mode on 16megapixels. Now i have this on top of picture
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/q5pu9Mt9/file.html
Still only 1 of the 10 frames at fault?
I think we have had this problem before with the 10 frame burst mode.

No prizes for finding a bug in beta firmware though ;)

@Nigel it will be nice for the prize found that bug that have some detailed explanation about web cam feature - better say non functional audio in web cam mode... i can't understand why oh why i see audio driver working fine on os7 os 8 system where i tested git2 but is muted. I know that many of you, like i do use this cam for video and photo purpose, but this is great piece of hardware for using skype or streaming purpose like ustream service. So if you connect git2 on your lap and for instance want to stream some live dj set, you can't use internal mic from git2... and that is shame, maybe some drivers may help?I google really everything and found that some webcams like logitech etc have same problems, (because generic audio driver) and solution was special driver for that problem from manufacturer. Gitup answer me before in my topic that this is problem with platform, but i'm still skeptical about that.. sorry i can't help myself :) one thing more... one member of forum in pm say that he have 2 audio drivers when connect git2 in old 1.3 firmware one called git2 like my on picture and other demo1 and he have working audio feature in web cam mode.. i try emulate this on few pc-s with win7 and 8 os but with no luck :(
zqD4tXW.jpg

EO3ZSG8.jpg

@gitup ;) hehe nice !

Last edited:
I don't know how are using the Git2 as webcam but when I connect my Git2 to PC as webcam and enabling sound in AmCap, I have sound. AmCap is the only application for WebCam feature I have installed and I am not using things like Skype so I can not test more.

enjoy,
Mtz

I want to test today 2160P.. but i cant start record in this mode, someone can try ? No gyro and WDR, set 2160p 24fps, start recording and all i see is a "zoom" on the screen, but no record. (last beta firmware)

Video is better than words :)

EDIT : Problem Solved with Final 1.4 !

Last edited:
Also I see it zooming like preparing for Gyro, but enabling Gyro adds more zoom, but mine is recording. Try on Low bitrate and other card.

enjoy,
Mtz

Also I see it zooming like preparing for Gyro, but enabling Gyro adds more zoom, but mine is recording. Try on Low bitrate and other card.

enjoy,
Mtz
Is it also on narrow FOV? If so then try turning it off...

This is beta firmware, we need to diagnose the cause of problems to help get them fixed.

Medium and low bitrate is ok, my card is fast, class 10 @ U3 (kingston 64gb), she support 4K in gopro.

Yes, it is also on narrow FOV, tested both versions of lens.
If 2160p high bitrate is creating problems even only for 128GB cards I think it must be lowered until no problems encountered, even will be a small difference from medium.

enjoy,
Mtz

I would like to suggest a name change in the photo menu. it is confusing to have timelapse function in video and in photo menu. How about to change the timelapse option in photo menu to sequence shoots or similar. The result will be single pictures, which need to be edited on a PC to a timelapse video. so the current name is confusing.

For the timelapse video it would also be great to have an option to define how long the filming will take or an option to set the duration of the resulting video.

Do you also have plans to implement a night-lapse option?

thx

Do you also have plans to implement a night-lapse option?
The photo timelapse works fine with 1 minute exposures! Don't know why GoPro give it a different name at night? Or why GoPro doesn't provide exposures as long as 1 minute - which is the exposure time I normally use for the night sky.

Back