GitUp Git2 Firmware

Quality is a bit better with high bitrate, but the size of files is Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, ~15go for one hour
Huge? I'm used to 100mbs in my lx100, so this is very tiny to be sincere... I will be using high all time.

I got many hot pixels in fw 1.3 (3 times calibrated! didn´t help) and now i installed 1.4 beta and will calibrate the cam again.
but one thing so far....german translation is as bad as in fw 1.3 ;) tried to help you guys @gitup but got no answer yet ;) check your conversations
Sorry for not reply on time, I have sent email to you.
Thank you very much!

I need the 1.4 FW for the calibration. I have a lot of Hot Pixels that i like to fix.

Just doing the calibration with 1.4beta FW.
What should i say, Hot Pixel are gone. There are on or two little once in the edges, but that is no Problem for me.
I like gitup, thank u!

Sorry for not reply on time, I have sent email to you.
Thank you very much!

you got mail ;) did the correct translations in German now.

btw: I calibrated with fw 1.4 beta and the hot pixels are gone! :D

Maybe a silly question. If I upgrade from the ver 1.3 to the 1.4 beta, can I update it after that the 1.4 beta to the 1.4 final version when it comes out or not?
Thank you

Maybe a silly question. If I upgrade from the ver 1.3 to the 1.4 beta, can I update it after that the 1.4 beta to the 1.4 final version when it comes out or not?
Thank you
Yes, should be no problems. Always better to ask before instead of after if you are not sure!

Remember that the beta is for testing purposes, so don't complain if something doesn't work, just report it so that it gets fixed before the final release. There are not many problems with it though.

Yes, should be no problems. Always better to ask before instead of after if you are not sure!

Remember that the beta is for testing purposes, so don't complain if something doesn't work, just report it so that it gets fixed before the final release. There are not many problems with it though.

Thanks for the quick answer. Yes, I read that there is a problem with the burst shot in 16Mp or something like this. I have a DSLR camera for burst shots.

Ghostmaster, well 100mbps in the panasonic lx100 is overkill, but yes, you are right. Having a higher bitrate is good for capturing action. The Sony DSLR cameras
that have AVCHD or X-AVCS (sony a5100, a6000), max out at (I think) 30mbps but if you use X-AVCS you get 50mbps, but that is more than enough. As for 4k video
well that might require higher bitrates.

But I would expect a actioncam to at lest be able to do about 25mbps on 1080p at lest in a medium setting, with the option to bump that up to
about about 35mpbs if that is possible or a bit higher, so you can use that for the clips where you need extreme high bit rate because of some
crazy fast moving action . I do not know the maximum bit rate of the NT96600 that is used in the gitup2.

The gitup2 does something like 20-25mbps from what I know, same goes for firefly cam that uses the same chip.

What the maximum bit rate that the chip can do, I do not know, but I guess it should be able to go higher. I can not find any information
on the older NT96650 pdf file, it says nothing about that.

The gitup2 does something like 20-25mbps from what I know, same goes for firefly cam that uses the same chip.
Git2 does 36mbps for 1080p60 when set to high bitrate in the upcoming firmware.

Oh, that is nice, you need that extra is you are doing 60fps. But still, I guess that bit rate is just fine.
Some other cameras have way to low bit rate. I say about 20-25 for 1080p 30fps is what you need.

Oh, that is nice, you need that extra is you are doing 60fps. But still, I guess that bit rate is just fine.
Some other cameras have way to low bit rate. I say about 20-25 for 1080p 30fps is what you need.
Was just reading the review of the mini 0902, 8mpbs :eek:

For me having that extra details makes difference because I fly fast...

Ghostmaster, well 100mbps in the panasonic lx100 is overkill, but yes, you are right. Having a higher bitrate is good for capturing action. The Sony DSLR cameras
that have AVCHD or X-AVCS (sony a5100, a6000), max out at (I think) 30mbps but if you use X-AVCS you get 50mbps, but that is more than enough. As for 4k video
well that might require higher bitrates.

But I would expect a actioncam to at lest be able to do about 25mbps on 1080p at lest in a medium setting, with the option to bump that up to
about about 35mpbs if that is possible or a bit higher, so you can use that for the clips where you need extreme high bit rate because of some
crazy fast moving action . I do not know the maximum bit rate of the NT96600 that is used in the gitup2.
Most of chipset capable of 4K ability support high bitrate, upto 60Mbps and even to 100Mbps.
I checked the NTK96660 spec, didn't see the description about the maximum bit rate, only mentioned it support bit rate control.

are you using the action cam as your fpv camera? i know it's capable of that, but there's a tiny bit of lag. plus it's huge compared to most fpv cameras.
No, I use a external low lag fpv camera, the git2 has a lot more lag, it's like 100ms Vs 5ms....

Well if you are using a camera for drone flight or similar, even dashcam, yes then you would need a high bitrate. But going as high as 100mbps feels overkill.
At least if we are talking 1080p, but if you are using 4k then I would not know you might need more there.

I guess it remains to be seen what the average bit rate of 4k video is to stay good. For high movement, flying around with a radio controlled aircraft or
using a dashcam, you would need more bit rate because of more movement.

The option is in the video settings, check below for details.
Resolution High Medium Low
1920x1080P 60FPS 35.8 Mbps 27.5 Mbps 18.3 Mbps
1920x1080P 30FPS 28.1 Mbps 16.8 Mbps 14.4 Mbps
1440x1080P 60FPS 36.1 Mbps 19.9 Mbps 18.1 Mbps
2560*1440 30fps 36.4 Mbps 20.1 Mbps 17.9 Mbps
1920*1440 30fps 36.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 18.5 Mbps
2304*1296 30fps 36.7 Mbps 19.9 Mbps 18.2 Mbps

@gitup can you change the settings for 1920x1080P 30FPS
from 28.1 Mbps 16.8 Mbps 14.4 Mbps
to 28.1 Mbps 20 Mbps 14.4 Mbps

I think this would make more sense.

Back