GitUp Git2 Firmware

yes, but this is photo timelapse and needs to be edited on PC in order retrieve a night timelapse video. or do you mean a long exposure picture of 1 minute?

I am liking the firmware but I did notice when I plug the camera into my PC (I have it auto set for storage) it seems to connect twice when it did not do that with 1.3 firmware.
It connects, Windows 10 says so trhen it immediately disconnects them immediately connects and stays connected.

I forgot to state, the light sensor calibration did wonders in cutting down hot pixels from 5 to 7 to zero.

I am liking the firmware but I did notice when I plug the camera into my PC (I have it auto set for storage) it seems to connect twice when it did not do that with 1.3 firmware.
It connects, Windows 10 says so trhen it immediately disconnects them immediately connects and stays connected.
Check with another USB cable, mine did the same, replaced the cable and it connects first time now :)

Since v1.3, Finalcam does not work with Gitup anymore, only with FN cam.

I have beta 1.4 and last ios, using final cam normal on my phone but I'm must be honest I'm using only feature to transfer pictures to my phone.

Does the custom WB work in the 1.4 firmware? As in the 1.3 firmware if I set in the custom WB the red:1 and blue:9 or the red:9 blue:0 doesn't change anything. Any settings the colour stay the same.
You increased both colour choice 0-19. Anyone who updated to the 1.4 version can check this for me, please?

I forgot to state, the light sensor calibration did wonders in cutting down hot pixels from 5 to 7 to zero.
Yeah, calibration did wonders for the hotpixel problem! Lowlight video only shows one faint pixel actually. Had to do the calibration about 5 times, I had to do the dark adjust with the brightest light source I could find. I guess best would be bright sunlight on white paper...

P.S.:

Did another calibration round this morning - I did the dark adjust with a sheet of withe paper in indirect sunlight (avoiding any shadows), now all bright pixels are gone. Thanks gitup!

Last edited:
Does the custom WB work in the 1.4 firmware? As in the 1.3 firmware if I set in the custom WB the red:1 and blue:9 or the red:9 blue:0 doesn't change anything. Any settings the colour stay the same.
You increased both colour choice 0-19. Anyone who updated to the 1.4 version can check this for me, please?
Yes, this is fixed in V1.4.

Yes, this is fixed in V1.4.
Thank you. Do you know when will be available the final version of the 1.4 firmware? Also I noticed in the ver 1.3 if I set the wb to red and light red the image is more orange colour than red. I tried the camera in our pool, and the blue sidewalled pool come out yellow or green if I set the wb to light red or red. So these settings are not good for underwater usage I think. Because the sea is blue colour too so it would be also green with red wb setting I imagine.

Gitup, there is too much resolution(i am using 3), i think it would be nice if i can make file on sdcard with resolution what i want avalible in options. Maybe all choice from options would be possible to hide, through config file. Simple list with 1 or 0.

Thank you. Do you know when will be available the final version of the 1.4 firmware? Also I noticed in the ver 1.3 if I set the wb to red and light red the image is more orange colour than red. I tried the camera in our pool, and the blue sidewalled pool come out yellow or green if I set the wb to light red or red. So these settings are not good for underwater usage I think. Because the sea is blue colour too so it would be also green with red wb setting I imagine.
A red filter is useful for deep blue water below about 25', magenta for green water without video lights. Shallow water doesn't need filters any will color the image.

Quality is a bit better with high bitrate, but the size of files is Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, ~15go for one hour

Quality is a bit better with high bitrate, but the size of files is Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, ~15go for one hour
That is why my new desktop is an AMD eight core unlocked CPU with 4.2 turbo speed and 16 gig expandable to 32

Files are made of bits, if you have a high bitrate then you have to have high file sizes!

Thankfully GitUp gave us the choice of using the new high bitrates, or sticking with normal ones, and even the choice of a memory and power saving low bitrate option :D

Reactions: Mtz
I got many hot pixels in fw 1.3 (3 times calibrated! didn´t help) and now i installed 1.4 beta and will calibrate the cam again.
but one thing so far....german translation is as bad as in fw 1.3 ;) tried to help you guys @gitup but got no answer yet ;) check your conversations

I got many hot pixels in fw 1.3 (3 times calibrated! didn´t help) and now i installed 1.4 beta and will calibrate the cam again.
but one thing so far....german translation is as bad as in fw 1.3 ;) tried to help you guys @gitup but got no answer yet ;) check your conversations
They are unavailable on weekends, it seems!

Back