GitUp Git2 Firmware

Yes, should be no problems. Always better to ask before instead of after if you are not sure!

Remember that the beta is for testing purposes, so don't complain if something doesn't work, just report it so that it gets fixed before the final release. There are not many problems with it though.
Also can I use 64gb card for updating the firmware? I don't have 32gb card. My phone has 16gb card, but I don't want to delete the contains of that card.
Thanks

Also can I use 64gb card for updating the firmware? I don't have 32gb card. My phone has 16gb card, but I don't want to delete the contains of that card.
Thanks
Yes, but needs to be formatted in Fat32 format. If you format it in the camera then it will be (firmware V1.3 onwards), if you format it on a computer then it will not work.

I do like it that you can get about 28mbps on the 1080p 30fps mode, should be more than enough for keeping quality, unless
you have a extreme amount of motion, but how often do you have that. Some cameras only do about 17mbps as a maximum
and that is to low, you need to have the option of using a real high bitrate when you need it.

Doing 20mbps on average for 1080p 30fps is fine.

I think these values are a nice balance.

Will upgrade firmware and if the new bit rates a try [emoji106]

Hey guys.

I'm testing out the Git2 on my motorcycle. The best results i get at 1080p60 / WB daylight / EV -1/3 / Gyro ON / WDR OFF / Sharp normal / Metering Centre / FOV Wide.

The cam is mountet on the chin. But my motorcycle has a dark windshield. Everytime i put my head lower on the bike the camera rises the light up, of course, because of the dark shield in front. Is there any option i missed, to prevent the camera constantly adjusting the brightness up and down all the time?

And another question: the gyro is working superstable, in fact, a little too stable for my taste. Small headmoves to one side or another will simply be out-gyroed. Is there any chance to get something like a low-level-gyro option? Maybe half the strength of it, so that it only gyro's out the small and fast shuttering, so the video becomes more alive, but without the terrible non-gyro shaking? I hope you get what i mean.

Aside from that its a super cam for its price, i must say. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
You have an option called Exposure Lock and/or White Balance Lock. This is a great feature for a camera, not so common, try to use it.

Yes, Gyro is great but no levels to adjust. Maybe you are driving too fast, take it slowly. :cool:

enjoy,
Mtz

Would 720p resolution have the bitrate option in the next firmware like 1080p does?

You have an option called Exposure Lock and/or White Balance Lock. This is a great feature for a camera, not so common, try to use it.

Yes, Gyro is great but no levels to adjust. Maybe you are driving too fast, take it slowly. :cool:

enjoy,
Mtz

Where can i find this option? I'm still on FW 1.2, do i have to upgrade it? If yes, would that work with a 64GB SD card, if i follow the steps on page 1?

And i know there is no levels on the gyro, but it would be nice if they could implement it. It has nothing to do with the driving speed, it looks always like i am flying on the bike, not sitting on it. :)
A word on the waterproof case: the lock mechanism is ... lets say not very well thought out. Its locking the case fine, but for using it with a microphone i had to rebuild it with a workaround, cause the lock is right in the way of the mini-usb. If there could be developed a case with an opening mechanism on top, like the gopro, not on the side, that would be great.

Last edited:
If there could be developed a case with an opening mechanism on top, like the gopro, not on the side, that would be great.
Here you can use almost any case like a skeleton housing for GoPro.

Where can i find this option? I'm still on FW 1.2, do i have to upgrade it? If yes, would that work with a 64GB SD card, if i follow the steps on page 1?

And i know there is no levels on the gyro, but it would be nice if they could implement it. It has nothing to do with the driving speed, it looks always like i am flying on the bike, not sitting on it. :)
A word on the waterproof case: the lock mechanism is ... lets say not very well thought out. Its locking the case fine, but for using it with a microphone i had to rebuild it with a workaround, cause the lock is right in the way of the mini-usb. If there could be developed a case with an opening mechanism on top, like the gopro, not on the side, that would be great.
There is a case available, made for Hero , that has an opening at USB for external mic. Many case choices on EBay!

- beeping while recording
- blinking or continious light on RC while recoding

Both optional from the menu of course.

For the next firware maybe?

Wich card i need for the higest bitrate? It's a classe 10 U1 enough or should I buy a U3 class?

Latest and stable firmware, version number is "GIT2_V1.4_20160324", released on 24th March 2016.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW_20160324.zip (Please read the upgrade instructions first before you upgrade.)

Change Log:
  1. Added: 4:3 video mode, 1440*1080 60fps video resolution.
  2. Added: Support remote shutter through HDMI port with special cable
  3. Added: Video recording pause and resume via Menu button
  4. Added: Video Time Lapse: 1F/2Sec
  5. Added: Fast-forward clips during playback through a list of 1X, 2X, 4X, 8X via menu button
  6. Added: Video Bitrate options for below modes: 1080P 60fps, 1440P 30fps, 1296P 30fps, 2160P 24fps, 1080P 30fps;
  7. Added: Support for sensor calibration (fixing hot pixels) by user.
  8. Added: Video shutter speed option: Auto, 1/30s, 1/60s, 1/120s, 1/240s, only works while ISO is not set for Auto;
  9. Added: Lock Actual Recording via Menu button
  10. Added: Photo time lapse: 0.5s option
  11. Added: Polish and Dutch language, improved Portugal, French, Spanish, Italian, German translation
  12. Improved: Delete the firmware after upgrade new firmware.
  13. Improved: Changed Custom AWB adjustment range from 0-9 to 0-19
  14. Improved: Soft and Strong sharpness, close to the normal option
  15. Improved: Front red LED will be blinking for last 3 seconds while taking self-timer photo (When you see the red Led blinking, it is time to smile)
  16. Improved: No Wi-Fi info displayed while OSD off;
  17. Improved: Do not auto start recording if powered on by battery on car DVR mode;
  18. Improved: Removed 1s overlap;
  19. Improved: Support real 240fps;
  20. Improved: Update the web camera name to Git2 instead of DEMO1
  21. Improved: Display shutter speed option on screen on photo mode
  22. Improved: LED blinking as normal recording and update the video mode icon on video time lapse mode
  23. Fixed: No audio while playback on TV via HDMI
  24. Fixed: The date is not shown properly in the preview mode
  25. Fixed: Quick start capture is not working while connected with external charger.
  26. Fixed: Unmute Recording Audio issue by menu button
  27. Fixed: Video shaking on 720P 30fps mode with Gyro on
  28. Fixed: Camera frozen while taking 16MP in 10 sequences burst mode
  29. Changed: Top and Front LED blinking on Car DVR mode

Upgrade Instructions for V1.4:
  • If you camera firmware version is V1.2 or earlier, please upgrade the loader GIT2LD.bin(include in Loader_for_old_firmwares.zip) first.
  • If you have already installed the V1.3 firmware, no necessary to upgrade the loader, please ignore the #3--#6 steps.
  • From V1.4 firmware, the firmware will be automatically deleted from Micro SD card after upgrade completed.
  1. Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  3. Copy just the GIT2LD.bin on the root of the card
  4. After GIT2LD.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu
  6. Delete GIT2LD.bin from the card using your PC and
  7. Copy the GIT2FW.bin file on the root of the card
  8. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait more seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu, the front green LED and back red LED will be blinking while upgrading.
Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy new GitUp implementations

/***************************************************************************************************/
V1.3 released, version number is "GIT2_V1.3_20160130", released on 30th Jan 2016.

Download link:

http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20160130/GIT2FW.zip

Change Log:
  • 1. Added: 4:3 video mode, 1920*1440 30fps video resolution.
  • 2. Added: Menu selection of remote control operation modes: “Standard”, “Quick Shoot”.
  • 3. Added: Self timer delay for photo mode, menu selection from: 3S, 5S, 10S, 15S, 30S.
  • 4. Added: Menu selection of USB modes: Web camera, Mass storage.
  • 5. Added: Czech language.
  • 6. Improved: Screen-saver operation during photo time lapse.
  • 7. Improved: Support for 64GB and 128GB cards, using FAT32 format.
  • 8. Improved: Battery indicator.
  • 9. Improved: Recorded audio volume adjustment.
  • 10. Improved: Back red LED and front green LED will blink while upgrading with new firmware.
  • 11. Improved: Russian language translation.
  • 12. Improved: Video files now limited to 4GB file size instead of 15 minutes file time.
  • 13. Fixed: AE lock and AWB lock during loop recording.
  • 14. Fixed: Image shake issue on 720P video mode while Gyro stabilization enabled.
  • 15. Fixed: Custom shutter speed issues - double exposure time and low ISO image brighter than higher ISO

Upgrade Instructions for V1.3:
If you camera firmware version is V1.2 or earlier, please upgrade the loader GIT2LD.bin first.
  • 1. Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  • 2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  • 3. Copy just the GIT2LD.bin on the root of the card
  • 4. After GIT2LD.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  • 5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu
  • 6. Delete GIT2LD.bin from the card using your PC and copy just the GIT2FW.bin file on the root of the card
  • 7. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait more seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu, the front green LED and back red LED will be blinking while upgrading.
  • 8. Delete GIT2FW.bin
  • 9. Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy new GitUp implementations.
/***************************************************************************************************/
New V1.2 Version released at 2015.12.24.
http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20151224/GIT2FW.zip
version:GIT2_V1.2_20151224
Change log:
1. Added: Shutter Speed
  • a) 1/30 Sec.
  • b) 2 Sec.
  • c) 5 Sec.
  • d) 10 Sec.
  • e) 15 Sec.
  • f) 20 Sec.
  • g) 1 Min
2. Improved: Battery charging
  • a) OFF Red LED and ON Green LED then camera fully charged
  • b) Disable screen backlight after 1 minute while charging but enable backlight again if user press any button
3. Added: Configurable function for menu button while recording:Gyro Image Stabilization
4. Added: Control Led Status
  • a) All LED On (Turn on all LED)
  • b) All LED Off (Turn off all LED)
  • c) Front LED Off (Turn off front LED)
  • d) Side LED Off (Turn off top LED and Wi-Fi LED)
  • e) Back LED On (Only turn on the back LED)
5. Improved: Gyro icon color becoming Orange while moving
6. Added: Options for Photo Time lapse
  • a) 5 mins
  • b) 10 mins
  • c) 30 mins
7. Added: 2304*1296P 30fps for video resolution
8. Improved: G-sensor sensitivity
9. Improved: Motion Detection sensitivity
10. Added: On/Off option for custom text stamp
11. Improved: Auto enable the loop recording while G-sensor enabled
12. Added: ISO option for video and photo settings
  • a) ISO 50
  • b) ISO 100
  • c) ISO 200
  • d) ISO 400
  • e) ISO 800
  • f) ISO 1600
13. Updated: Menu string and icon

New V1.1 firmware released.
http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20151201/GIT2FW.zip

Change log:
1. Added: Configurable function for menu button while recording with options of:
a) exposure lock,
b) white balance lock,
c) exposure lock and white balance lock
d) microphone mute/unmute
2. Added: Metering option for Video and Photo
a) Centre
b) Average
c) Spot
3. Added: Color option for Video and Photo
a) Normal
b) Black & White
c) Sepia
d) VIVID
4. Added: Auto Power Off option:
a) 15 minutes
b) 30 minutes
c) 60 minutes
5. Added: Video Time Lapse
a) 1F/5Sec
b) 1F/10Sec
c) 1F/30Sec
d) 1F/5Min
e) 1F/10Min
6. Added: RAW Photo
7. Improved: LCD Brightness
8. Improved: Auto White Balance
9. Improved: Gyro Image Stabilisation
10. Updated: Menu string and icon
11. Updated: Default settings
a) Screen Auto Sleep: 1 Minute
b) Auto Power Off: 3 Minutes
12. Fixed: Black screen while power on
13. Added: Volume adjust.
Lots of fixes/improvements! I chose the right cam!

I think is about a delay (set by user) when taking the picture. Press shutter button and photo taken after some time for example 10 seconds set by user in camera Menu. Maybe this can be requested also for video mode.

enjoy,
Mtz
Seems easy to use the remote intead of the 35 mm type self timer?

Thank you, above suggestions make sense, I have copied it to the suggestion list, we have a long list now.
I can imagine using the remote control I ordered as a sort of timer.

I want to test today 2160P.. but i cant start record in this mode, someone can try ? No gyro and WDR, set 2160p 24fps, start recording and all i see is a "zoom" on the screen, but no record. (last beta firmware)

Video is better than words :)

Just for information, it works now with final 1.4 Firmware

Reactions: Mtz
guys a quistion:

i mis this option:

I do not have the 1440*1080 60fps in the 1.4 firmware, or am i looking not good :p

i have:
1080P/60/30/4:3
720P/120/60/30
wvga
vga/240
2160P/24
1440P/30/4:3
1296P/30

GIT2_V1.4_0324

Edit:

Ow wait, 1080P at 4:3 = 1440*1080?

Last edited:
guys a quistion:

i mis this option:

I do not have the 1440*1080 60fps in the 1.4 firmware, or am i looking not good :p

i have:
1080P/60/30/4:3
720P/120/60/30
wvga
vga/240
2160P/24
1440P/30/4:3
1296P/30

GIT2_V1.4_0324

Edit:

Ow wait, 1080P at 4:3 = 1440*1080?
Yes, it show 1080P 4:3 in the menu.

In next version, there will be 2160P 4:3 resolution. Before the 2160P will be upscale to 16:9 format, some users prefer 4:3 format.

Back