GitUp Git2 Firmware

Finally i managed to upgrade at 1.4 using my 64GB card. To format it in FAT32 i had to use an extra program, because the camera itself could not do it, and Win10 couldn't either.

But i still cannot find a lock option for WB or EV, or is it automatically if i set it to values instead of "auto" ? I do 10min loop recordings, maybe thatswhy it doesn't work?

Look in General Settings for Menu button functions and set for WB and-or EV Lock.

enjoy,
Mtz

@gitup here are my findings with v1.4. and some requests. may be for v1.5?

video mode:

- where do I enter custom text, when option is enabled?

- 10 sec timelapse and 5 sec snapshot enabled: front yellow led is turned on every 20 mins for about 10 min

- 10 sec timelapse and 5 sec snapshot enabled: timestamp only appears on every 10th picture

- request: option to auto adjust light settings during timelapse. especially during sunset/sunrise this would be great. best option would be to have

the last 3 pictures histogram analyse for the best setting in order to avoid flickering in the timelapse video. but it must be an option to to enable disable.

- request: instead of high, medium low display the reals BPS values

photo mode:

- request: rename of timelapse to interval ( as it is no real timelapse)

- no display of active interval mode when taking a picture

- no custom text option

- request: shutter speed 1/100 and 1/60

play video:

- request: move timer below video

play slideshow

- how does it work?

general:

- problem with adapter in car. manual plugin in and out does not affect the recoding (ok)

but when the car is started the camera turns off by itself. (not ok) car mode was not enabled.

- resorting of menus. some often used options are at the end, while unimportant options are in the front

- request: option to set the max ISO level in auto mode (eg max 400 ISO)

- sometimes mode button does not function

- request: option to go back in playback mode

- cam becomes not responsive after wifi is disabled (need to remove battery)

- not possible to connect to final cam

- not possible to connect to RC (was possible with v1.3)

Reactions: Mtz
one addition on the file naming:

2016_0328_104948_41.MP4

why is there a seperator between year and month?

how about:
20160328_104948_41.MP4
or
2016_03_28_104948_41.MP4

@Mtz:

Thank you, now i got it. Very well. :)

For me the only thing thats left now is a better battery life, but i think i have to live with only one hour. Everything else seems to be fine.

- problem with adapter in car. manual plugin in and out does not affect the recoding (ok)

but when the car is started the camera turns off by itself. (not ok) car mode was not enabled.
You need to set a delayed "auto power off" instead of instant, all dashcams have a delay for the same reason ;)

You need to set a delayed "auto power off" instead of instant, all dashcams have a delay for the same reason ;)

Hi Nigel, auto power off was disabled. So you say there is an option for this? Thanks, will check it. But what is the difference between manual unplugging and starting a car? when I manually unplug the power cable the cam stays on.

when I manually unplug the power cable the cam stays on.
In car DVR mode, if unplug the cable, it will power off after 15 seconds by default, but you can change the auto power off settings to let it keep recording for longer time.

@gitup here are my findings with v1.4. and some requests. may be for v1.5?

photo mode:

- request: rename of timelapse to interval ( as it is no real timelapse)

- no display of active interval mode when taking a picture

- no custom text option

- request: shutter speed 1/100 and 1/60
Regarding shutter speed, we have tested with this options, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000, is necessary to add such options?

one addition on the file naming:

2016_0328_104948_41.MP4

why is there a seperator between year and month?

how about:
20160328_104948_41.MP4
or
2016_03_28_104948_41.MP4
Not sure this can be changed, related to the file system, I also prefer the no separator version.

Regarding shutter speed, we have tested with this options, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000, is necessary to add such options?

depends on the situation. I general i would say yes, so the user can decide upon situation.

depends on the situation. I general i would say yes, so the user can decide upon situation.
In what situation would you use those options?

If you leave it on auto then it will use those speeds when appropriate, I can't think of a situation where I might want to be able to specifically specify 1/2000 shutter speed, although it might be nice to have the options of shutter priority and aperture priority depending on if you are using it for fast moving sport or not. (Aperture priority would actually be ISO priority since there is no aperture on the Git2.)

The slower shutter speeds in video are useful for film makers where they want to create motion blur to hide slow frame rates, although they don't help much with 60fps. The slower shutter speeds in photos are useful to create motion blur in evening/night time photos and maybe to get correct exposure for the moon where even spot auto exposure would not get it right. For most other situations you can use the exposure lock or set an EV compensation value.

Reactions: Mtz
In what situation would you use those options?

If you leave it on auto then it will use those speeds when appropriate, I can't think of a situation where I might want to be able to specifically specify 1/2000 shutter speed, although it might be nice to have the options of shutter priority and aperture priority depending on if you are using it for fast moving sport or not. (Aperture priority would actually be ISO priority since there is no aperture on the Git2.)

The slower shutter speeds in video are useful for film makers where they want to create motion blur to hide slow frame rates, although they don't help much with 60fps. The slower shutter speeds in photos are useful to create motion blur in evening/night time photos and maybe to get correct exposure for the moon where even spot auto exposure would not get it right. For most other situations you can use the exposure lock or set an EV compensation value.

I agree that 1/2000 is very unlikly, but if possible, why not. May be someone might use it. I only asked for 1/100 and 1/60 as they were missing from the current list. These settings I use frequently for stage shootings. I can think of several ways to use it with Git2.

sorry, test again in 2 cars with 2 different adapters, could not reproduce. strange...

@gitup it would be perfect to have 3 personal modes, you could set them with your own value of sharpness, ev, awb, wdr, etc... then it will be easier and faster to set up in every condition/activity just selecting the personal mode you wish. Thank you!

Nice firmware update , thank you !

I m really happy with the option of Shutter speed for vidéo but I would like to know , if it is possible to have these option in the future

Histogram . with this feature , it will be more easy to chose the best ISO because the Histogram show the shadow and higligth.
a real 16X9 24p mode in the high resolution mode (1980 and up) . to get a more filmic look , and more ligth
A Shutter Speed of 1/48 or 1/50 to match with the 24p mode. It will also provide more ligth due to the longer exposure
For last, a higher bitrate mode option for picture quality.

Thank you

@gitup

Could you please consider the following for the new firmware on the git2

adjustable FOV, instead of having 120.170, could we have maybe an additional FOV options say 90, 110 or something like that.

Also a fisheye correction option in the firmware, a few other action cams have this would be great to have it on the Git2.

Also could we try to get a better way of remove the white pixels, still have a few on my 2 git cameras.

Thanks

Glyn

improve request: in case of movement recognition an indicator symbold should be displayed on screen

Back