GitUp Git2 Firmware

My shutter button doesn't work. I turned it on this morning and I was able to switch between different modes but when I press the shutter button nothing happens. I've just reinstalled the last firmware and I'm still facing the problem. Any help? @gitup

There is beta 1.5 out

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

A new Beta firmware from Gitup is released. Remember this is just a Beta version. :-)

Glad to share the V1.5 beta version for Git2.
Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW--V1.5B--0422.7z

Change log:
1. Added: 4:3 aspect ratio for 2880x2160P 24fps mode
2. Added: Pause icon on screen while recording is paused
3. Added: Strong color option in video mode (lower saturation compared to Vivid option)
4. Added: New OSD mode, only show video mode and recording dot
5. Fixed: 2160P 24fps video not smooth
6. Fixed: Camera powered off while the file reached 4GB in quick capture mode
7. Fixed: Camera restarting issue in quick capture mode, plug the charger while recording, then stop recording and unplug the charger after the camera powered off
8. Fixed: Wrong EXIF info
9. Improved: Stop recording in middle level for remote shutter.
10. Improved: Web camera resolution is upgraded to 1920*1440
11. Improved: Wi-Fi stream resolution is upgraded to 1280x960 if enable the Wi-Fi from 1440P or 1080P 4:3 mode.

@gitup is this fake? why is a new member posting your beta version?

A new Beta firmware from Gitup is released. Remember this is just a Beta version. :)

Glad to share the V1.5 beta version for Git2.
Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW--V1.5B--0422.7z

Change log:
1. Added: 4:3 aspect ratio for 2880x2160P 24fps mode
2. Added: Pause icon on screen while recording is paused
3. Added: Strong color option in video mode (lower saturation compared to Vivid option)
4. Added: New OSD mode, only show video mode and recording dot
5. Fixed: 2160P 24fps video not smooth
6. Fixed: Camera powered off while the file reached 4GB in quick capture mode
7. Fixed: Camera restarting issue in quick capture mode, plug the charger while recording, then stop recording and unplug the charger after the camera powered off
8. Fixed: Wrong EXIF info
9. Improved: Stop recording in middle level for remote shutter.
10. Improved: Web camera resolution is upgraded to 1920*1440
11. Improved: Wi-Fi stream resolution is upgraded to 1280x960 if enable the Wi-Fi from 1440P or 1080P 4:3 mode.

I have this idea last year, now we are doing some research and testing.

Or a Dashcam one button mode and an action cam mode that has all the parameters all setup as you like them to switch between the two on demand.

Or a Dashcam one button mode and an action cam mode that has all the parameters all setup as you like them to switch between the two on demand.
yeah, that's what I thought.

@gitup: Is there a chance to have in future 1080P50FPS? I really want to know if there is a chance to wait for that.
About answer i would be happy.

New fw 1.5 rocks. Low contrast I love it.
Settings used 1080p 4:3, low contrast, high bitrate, low sharpness.

Lost a lot of detail in youtube...
It's there any 1920x1440 60fps setting? I wish I could use the 4:3 to edit to 16:9 and get the same effect as gopro superview.

I don't know what youtube does, but when i watch videos recorded with the Git2, quality is lower than other videos in general. A lot of pixelation, jerky movement.

I guess is because of the container, format, bitrate or others things. But in general the Git2 videos seems to be very punished (degraded) in the upload process. They lose too much.

I'm not an expert, i just guess that currently the files from the Git2 do not respond well to youtube's reencoding.

Perhaps the key to avoid this is to have a file that is specially encoded to be re encoded by youtube. (It's not what i need/ask for though, i'm just guessing)
For that particular video, the problem is that there is so much moving so fast in all directions that YT cant crush all the information into it's fixed bitrate. Might do better if the video was upscaled to 4K before upload, the upload shouldn't be any bigger since there is no more information, but YT will allocate a higher fixed bitrate for 4K video so will be able to store more movement data.

I don't know what youtube does, but when i watch videos recorded with the Git2, quality is lower than other videos in general. A lot of pixelation, jerky movement.

I guess is because of the container, format, bitrate or others things. But in general the Git2 videos seems to be very punished (degraded) in the upload process. They lose too much.

I'm not an expert, i just guess that currently the files from the Git2 do not respond well to youtube's reencoding.

Perhaps the key to avoid this is to have a file that is specially encoded to be re encoded by youtube. (It's not what i need/ask for though, i'm just guessing)

Under my experience, it's about fast movements and bright/shadows.
Slow-motion in YT works generally well. The same 60fps clip at 50% velocity looks much better than at 300%

And this is seen in videos of most cameras, including GoPro.
When he stay in the air it looks better than the rest of video. And it's form GoPro channel, so I think this is a edited video.

I've encoded in VBR1 and VBR2 (15, 20, 25, 30, 35), CBR (30) and I couldn't see big differences in YT.

What is this?
Metering option like dash cam used.
Before the center metering is a little close to the bottom, the latest version is real center metering.

Attachments

• center vs  car dvr metering.png
    center vs car dvr metering.png
    492.7 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Mtz
OK, thank you for explanation. Maybe for non-english speakers maybe some word like „image” needs to be added in changelog, to something like this:

8. Added: Car DVR image metering for dash cam usage

enjoy,
Mtz

Back