GitUp Git2 Firmware

After upgrading to v1.5, wifi (in both modes) isn't working anymore. the symbol gets shown on screen and the blue led is flashing, but nothing else happens. after a while the camera turns off. (the blue led is still lit)

Can I do anything else than downgrading to v1.4?

After upgrading to v1.5, wifi (in both modes) isn't working anymore. the symbol gets shown on screen and the blue led is flashing, but nothing else happens. after a while the camera turns off. (the blue led is still lit)

Can I do anything else than downgrading to v1.4?

The problem with the WiFi is in the final V1.5 version. Install the last beta V15B_0531 and your WiFi should work again.

The problem with the WiFi is in the final V1.5 version. Install the last beta V15B_0531 and your WiFi should work again.
Just got this fixed, before release V1.6, will release a fix V1.5.1 for this random Wi-Fi frozen bug.

Just got this fixed, before release V1.6, will release a fix V1.5.1 for this random Wi-Fi frozen bug.
@gitup
Just received my Git2.
May i know when your will release V1.6 firmware?
Any release date for the new battery?

Last edited:
Hi all, got my Git 2 recently (within the last week).

Since my mini SD card is 64 GB will this not all me to update to the latest firemware? Seems a bit bizarre really, and is it worth updating at this point?

Quick replies would be great as I am going abroad tomorrow with it!

Hi all, got my Git 2 recently (within the last week).

Since my mini SD card is 64 GB will this not all me to update to the latest firemware? Seems a bit bizarre really, and is it worth updating at this point?

Quick replies would be great as I am going abroad tomorrow with it!
You need to format the card in the camera before it will work to update the firmware - needs to be FAT32 format.

If you have firmware 1.5 then I would leave it as is, no point risking problems if you want to use it for serious things. If it is only 1.4 then I would update but there is a slight risk that you will get stuck with it not working because you don't know what you are doing, so don't if you wont have a computer or internet access to help sort it out.

You need to format the card in the camera before it will work to update the firmware - needs to be FAT32 format.

If you have firmware 1.5 then I would leave it as is, no point risking problems if you want to use it for serious things. If it is only 1.4 then I would update but there is a slight risk that you will get stuck with it not working because you don't know what you are doing, so don't if you wont have a computer or internet access to help sort it out.
Thanks!

How do I know which firmware it has? I already formatted the card in the camera, I didn't do it on PC though so not sure if it went into the FAT32 format.

Thanks!

How do I know which firmware it has? I already formatted the card in the camera, I didn't do it on PC though so not sure if it went into the FAT32 format.
If you format the card in camera, it will be FAT32 format.
The last option of system setting is firmware version info.

If you format the card in camera, it will be FAT32 format.
The last option of system setting is firmware version info.
In the settings menu my last option is the G-sensor? :S Can't see the firmware version info anywhere.

EDIT: I tried upgrading the loader first, then to 1.3 and there's no green light only the back red light and top red light are blinking.

Last edited:
In the settings menu my last option is the G-sensor? :S Can't see the firmware version info anywhere.

EDIT: I tried upgrading the loader first, then to 1.3 and there's no green light only the back red light and top red light are blinking.
In video mode, if you press the side menu button, it will go to video settings.
You can press the power/mode button to switch to system settings mode, then press the side button to enter system setting menu.
If your camera is bought recently, the firmware should be newer than V1.3, so no necessary to upload the loader, only need upload the loader if you have V1.2 firmware.
If any new question for upgrade and format, you can PM to me.

In video mode, if you press the side menu button, it will go to video settings.
You can press the power/mode button to switch to system settings mode, then press the side button to enter system setting menu.
If your camera is bought recently, the firmware should be newer than V1.3, so no necessary to upload the loader, only need upload the loader if you have V1.2 firmware.
If any new question for upgrade and format, you can PM to me.
Thank you! I now have my version (1.3), I'll try updating it tonight if we get chance as we are on holiday at the minute. Any recommendations on best settings for underwater video (snorkelling)?

Any recommendations on best settings for underwater video (snorkelling)?
Keep it on default and auto to start with. If you have time to play then you could try the custom white balance to remove some blue but if you are only snorkelling then the small amount of blue you get should look OK. Keep the gyro turned on.

Make sure you test that the case is waterproof before use.

In the custom setting of red and blue : as you raise the number from zero is it more red or blue? This could be very tricky, correct?On the surface in clear water wouldn't zero/ zero be right? This is my first action cam with the red/blue adjustment. The Intova brand of diving action cam has an electronic filter that adds red.

In the custom setting of red and blue : as you raise the number from zero is it more red or blue? This could be very tricky, correct?On the surface in clear water wouldn't zero/ zero be right? This is my first action cam with the red/blue adjustment. The Intova brand of diving action cam has an electronic filter that adds red.
The correct value on the surface depends on the lighting conditions, in cloudy conditions it is approximately R6-B4.

As you get deeper under water, the amount of red decreases fast and the amount of green decreases more slowly, so you want to increase the red value and increase the green value just a little, unless the water is green (depends on the amount of plankton etc in the water).

There is no direct adjustment for green, if you want to increase green then you need to decrease both red and blue - you are just setting the relative amounts of the 3 colours. So for a shallow dive you might change it from 6-4 at the surface to 8-3 at 10 meters. (I'm not a diver so I am guessing at that value)

There is no need to get it perfect, you can make small adjustments to RGB colour balance in a video editor without loosing noticeable quality. When there is a big adjustment to be made then it is good to do most of it in the camera as that can work on the 10bit raw image data instead of 8bit stored data so it will give better quality. If there is a very big adjustment required then it is better to do it using a filter since that works on the analogue value before the sensor, however using a filter will result in a dark image for the sensor and the Git2 sensor likes plenty of light, so if you need a filter it is better to consider using artificial lighting.

If you are near the surface, eg snorkelling, then it will be easiest to stick to "Auto", and make your adjustments in the video editor.

Thanks ! Roy G Biv describing how colors act underwater with distance. I have Corel Ultimate Pro 8.
Bring video light with many lumens is my first choice .

Thanks @gitup for this new release.

2. I could not update settings via bin file this time (it worked on the beta).
6.7. I didn't understand those.
10. IQ=Image Quality i guess. I will test it tomorrow.
It require to hold the menu and power button to update the config file, and that file is not deleted after update.
We will write a blog to explain the changes for this.
Regarding 6, 7, you can find this option in the config file: QuickSettingKey = MenuKey,ModeKey.
This is mainly for FPV usage, after the camera mount on the drone, it is not easy to lock the WB/AE if using the side button, so user can also choose the mode button to do this.

@omegamoto , you can try to hold the menu button first, then long press the power button until the camera is powered on.
In previous way, it will delete the config file after upgrade, but it is better to keep the config file on SD card, so no necessary to copy it next time.

thank you for the Video shutter speed 1/48s . nice add on

with so much option . will it be a good idea that you made a programme that let you chose witch option you want in the cam ? ex if I never use the 480p , I can disable it in the cam with the programe and If one day I would like to get it , I can put it back as a option in the cam ?

What is the improvement in the IQ? more bit rate?

Latest and stable firmware, version number is "GIT2_V1.6_20161028", released on 28th Oct 2016.
http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20161028/Git2_FW_V1.6.zip

Change log:
1. Added: Support Image Rotation
2. Added: Update settings from configuration file
3. Added: Photo Shutter Speed Options: 1/2000sec, 1/1000sec, 1/500sec, 1/250sec, 1/125sec
4. Added: New Wi-Fi command for time-lapse, self-timer, etc.
5. Added: Front LED On only option
6. Added: Support mode/menu button to enable quick function
7. Added: Support turn off screen via mode/menu button
8. Improved: Default setting time is same as firmware released time.
9. Improved: No frame drop in 1080P 60fps at low light condition.
10. Improved: Update IQ.

/***************************************************************************************************
Latest and stable firmware, version number is "GIT2_V1.5_20160621", released on 21th June 2016.

Change log:
  • 1. Added: 4:3 aspect ratio for 2880x2160P 24fps mode
  • 2. Added: Wi-Fi mode option: AP, Station(Client)
  • 3. Added: Support customize boot logo and power off logo
  • 4. Added: Wi-Fi Auto-start option: On, Off
  • 5. Added: Pause icon on screen while recording is paused
  • 6. Added: Colorful color option in video and photo mode (lower saturation compared to Vivid option)
  • 7. Added: 15s option for screensaver;
  • 8. Added: Car DVR metering for dash cam usage
  • 9. Added: New OSD mode, only show video mode and recording dot
  • 10. Added: Video shutter speed 1/48s
  • 11. Added: Contrast option for video and photo: Normal, High, Low
  • 12. Fixed: 2160P 24fps video not smooth
  • 13. Fixed: Camera powered off while the file reached 4GB in quick capture mode
  • 14. Fixed: Camera restarting issue in quick capture mode, plug the charger while recording, then stop recording and unplug the charger after the camera powered off
  • 15. Fixed: Wrong EXIF info
  • 16. Fixed: Video ZOOM issue while AV out in narrow mode
  • 17. Fixed: No beep while taking photo with FPV cable connected
  • 18. Improved: Stop recording in middle level for remote shutter.
  • 19. Improved: Once press shutter button to start/stop recording while in screensaver mode
  • 20. Improved: Web camera resolution is upgraded to 1920*1440
  • 21. Improved: Wi-Fi stream resolution is upgraded to 1280x960 if enable the Wi-Fi from 1440P or 1080P 4:3 mode
  • 22. Improved: No OSD info while playback on TV through HDMI if OSD option is turned off
  • 23. Improved: Support output RTSP steam in 2160P, 720P 120fps and VGA 240FPS mode
  • 24. Improved: Support power on camera to start recording or take photo in charging mode via HDMI shutter trigger
  • 25. Improved: Top and back LED blink once while taking photo
  • 26. Improved: Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish language
Download link:
http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20160621/GIT2FW_20160621.zip

/***************************************************************************************************

Latest and stable firmware, version number is "GIT2_V1.4_20160324", released on 24th March 2016.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW_20160324.zip (Please read the upgrade instructions first before you upgrade.)

Change Log:
  1. Added: 4:3 video mode, 1440*1080 60fps video resolution.
  2. Added: Support remote shutter through HDMI port with special cable
  3. Added: Video recording pause and resume via Menu button
  4. Added: Video Time Lapse: 1F/2Sec
  5. Added: Fast-forward clips during playback through a list of 1X, 2X, 4X, 8X via menu button
  6. Added: Video Bitrate options for below modes: 1080P 60fps, 1440P 30fps, 1296P 30fps, 2160P 24fps, 1080P 30fps;
  7. Added: Support for sensor calibration (fixing hot pixels) by user.
  8. Added: Video shutter speed option: Auto, 1/30s, 1/60s, 1/120s, 1/240s, only works while ISO is not set for Auto;
  9. Added: Lock Actual Recording via Menu button
  10. Added: Photo time lapse: 0.5s option
  11. Added: Polish and Dutch language, improved Portugal, French, Spanish, Italian, German translation
  12. Improved: Delete the firmware after upgrade new firmware.
  13. Improved: Changed Custom AWB adjustment range from 0-9 to 0-19
  14. Improved: Soft and Strong sharpness, close to the normal option
  15. Improved: Front red LED will be blinking for last 3 seconds while taking self-timer photo (When you see the red Led blinking, it is time to smile)
  16. Improved: No Wi-Fi info displayed while OSD off;
  17. Improved: Do not auto start recording if powered on by battery on car DVR mode;
  18. Improved: Removed 1s overlap;
  19. Improved: Support real 240fps;
  20. Improved: Update the web camera name to Git2 instead of DEMO1
  21. Improved: Display shutter speed option on screen on photo mode
  22. Improved: LED blinking as normal recording and update the video mode icon on video time lapse mode
  23. Fixed: No audio while playback on TV via HDMI
  24. Fixed: The date is not shown properly in the preview mode
  25. Fixed: Quick start capture is not working while connected with external charger.
  26. Fixed: Unmute Recording Audio issue by menu button
  27. Fixed: Video shaking on 720P 30fps mode with Gyro on
  28. Fixed: Camera frozen while taking 16MP in 10 sequences burst mode
  29. Changed: Top and Front LED blinking on Car DVR mode

Upgrade Instructions for V1.4:
  • If you camera firmware version is V1.2 or earlier, please upgrade the loader GIT2LD.bin(include in Loader_for_old_firmwares.zip) first.
  • If you have already installed the V1.3 firmware, no necessary to upgrade the loader, please ignore the #3--#6 steps.
  • From V1.4 firmware, the firmware will be automatically deleted from Micro SD card after upgrade completed.
  1. Use max. 32GB card formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  3. Copy just the GIT2LD.bin on the root of the card
  4. After GIT2LD.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu
  6. Delete GIT2LD.bin from the card using your PC and
  7. Copy the GIT2FW.bin file on the root of the card
  8. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait more seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu, the front green LED and back red LED will be blinking while upgrading.
Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy new GitUp implementations

/***************************************************************************************************/
V1.3 released, version number is "GIT2_V1.3_20160130", released on 30th Jan 2016.

Download link:

http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20160130/GIT2FW.zip

Change Log:
  • 1. Added: 4:3 video mode, 1920*1440 30fps video resolution.
  • 2. Added: Menu selection of remote control operation modes: “Standard”, “Quick Shoot”.
  • 3. Added: Self timer delay for photo mode, menu selection from: 3S, 5S, 10S, 15S, 30S.
  • 4. Added: Menu selection of USB modes: Web camera, Mass storage.
  • 5. Added: Czech language.
  • 6. Improved: Screen-saver operation during photo time lapse.
  • 7. Improved: Support for 64GB and 128GB cards, using FAT32 format.
  • 8. Improved: Battery indicator.
  • 9. Improved: Recorded audio volume adjustment.
  • 10. Improved: Back red LED and front green LED will blink while upgrading with new firmware.
  • 11. Improved: Russian language translation.
  • 12. Improved: Video files now limited to 4GB file size instead of 15 minutes file time.
  • 13. Fixed: AE lock and AWB lock during loop recording.
  • 14. Fixed: Image shake issue on 720P video mode while Gyro stabilization enabled.
  • 15. Fixed: Custom shutter speed issues - double exposure time and low ISO image brighter than higher ISO
Thank you sooo much ,Gitup

Back