GitUp Git2 Firmware

Ok, I think I have a big problem. I bought a Git2 this days. The camera had v1.2. I tried to upgrade to v1.3 but I didnt follow the instructions correctly. I tried to upgraded using a 16gb Micro Hd and I think I did incorrectly the steps 5 to 6. Now the light turn just to red and I can't see anything on the led screen. Tell me if the problem is just the SdCard, please?

Put the firmware on the card and try again.

Novatek cameras are hard to be killed.
If following the correct steps with upgrading first the bootloader and then the firmware will be no problems.

You know that you upgraded the bootloader of version 1.3 when you are doing firmware update because also the red rear LED is blinking.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I put the GIT2FW.BIN again to the card, but I have two lights, one is red on the back panel and the other is color green on the front of the camera. Both of the lights are flashing fast and the led panel is off. I did it with just the battery and is the same. Remember, I just have a 16gb sdcard.

It is normal to flash fast because in that moment the firmware is upgrading. Wait for finishing flashing.
If you are not keeping it connected to the PC and trying to start it manually it will upgrade forever because firmware is on card. Using PC connection for fw upgrade will avoid this and camera can enter in USB mass storage so you can delete firmware.

If your camera is not starting on again with no firmware or bootloader on card even doing corect steps right now, start again with bootloader update.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ok, is working now. Once I have the firmware, I have to begin with the steps again? Can I do it with a 16gb sdcard?

Ok, I see the led screen right now, but I just have 1080p60w; 16m 4:3; and the next said "No File"

I just have 1080p60w, and 16m4:3, I lost the other ones.
How I can find the "Gyro" settings, 8m16:9, 3840 x 2160 resolution.

I don't have Video Resolution, Loop Recording, Record Audio Level, TimeLapse, Video Snapshot Timer, White Balance, and other ones in the Setting Menu. I just have Quick Capture, Beep, OSD Info, Car Mode Auto, Custom Text Stamp. Led Status, Screen Auto Sleep, Auto Power, Date & Time Settings, System Language, Frequency, TvMode, RC Pairing, RC Operation Mode, USB Mode, Format, Default Settings and Version on the settings of the camera.

I don't have Video Resolution, Loop Recording, Record Audio Level, TimeLapse, Video Snapshot Timer, White Balance, and other ones in the Setting Menu. I just have Quick Capture, Beep, OSD Info, Car Mode Auto, Custom Text Stamp. Led Status, Screen Auto Sleep, Auto Power, Date & Time Settings, System Language, Frequency, TvMode, RC Pairing, RC Operation Mode, USB Mode, Format, Default Settings and Version on the settings of the camera.
The video settings are in the video menu, not the system menu - go to video mode and press the menu button.

Reactions: Mtz
And for photo settings go in photo mode and press Menu button.

enjoy,
Mtz

Oh, ok, Thank you. This is my first time with this kind of cameras, so I have many doubt how to use some feature as "TimeLapse" for example.

Check on another PC.
Oh, ok, Thank you. This is my first time with this kind of cameras, so I have many doubt how to use some feature as "TimeLapse" for example.
And you have a camera with too many features! :D
Timelapse in video more is creating a video from images taken from time to time. For example a 10 hours of real time can fit in 1 minute of video at the resolution set by you. For long trips with car this is a great mode.
Timelapse in photo mode is the same but you will not have a video at the end, but many pictures. The advantage of photos is that you will obtain great quality images, but you need to make a movie from them.

enjoy,
Mtz

The low light sensitivity seems to be improved too!

It take me more than 4 hours to fix the french translation for gitup , Does my translation is in the new firmware?
what about more resolution at 24p?

Does the trouble with white pixel in low ligth condition have been fix???
Thank you so much, we will improve French translation in next firmware, i will contact you as we added some new strings now.

This upgrade to version 1.3 do not include 4k, right? Why when I record a video in 2160p/24fps the video is blinking? I have another doubt, When the video settings in the
camera is on 1440p/30fps that means (2560 x 1440)? Is the same, that's 2k?

Last edited:
This upgrade to version 1.3 do not include 4k, right? Why when I record a video in 2160p/24fps the video is blinking? I have another doubt, When the video settings in the
camera is on 1440p/30fps that means (2560 x 1440)? Is the same, that's 2k?
The processor in this camera cannot do true 4k video so gitup does not offer it. And yes 2560*1440=2.5k. Technically, 1080p which is 1920*1080 could be called 2k since they are using the horizontal resolution number for the "k" labels.

Ok, Thank you. The only resolution with problem is 2160p/24fps, I assume that resolution is in test yet? That's why the video blinking yet. I like this camera but sinceraly I dont like the "fisheye" effect on this kind of cameras. I change the setting to "narrow", but that effect is almost the same than "wide". In the future, will there be some setting that completely eliminates that effect? Or there is any lens that you can adapt to the camera and to eliminate that effect.?

Test 4:3

Back