GitUp Git2 Firmware

2x and 4x slow motion work great with or without Gyro. However, 8x is still very choppy with or without gyro. Can this be fixed next firmware?

Um huge problem! I just tried to update my gitup 2 and now the camera wont turn on? I tried to put the .bin file on my 32gb card, ugrading from v1.2, turned on the camera with card in camera and .bin file in root, green light came on was blinking, stayed green wouldnt turn off green accidently hit the power button on front moving the camera around to see if other lights were on, now camera will not turn back on? Nothing, nada, zero, zilch, no light no nothing? What do i do, im freaking out.

Um huge problem! I just tried to update my gitup 2 and now the camera wont turn on? I tried to put the .bin file on my 32gb card, ugrading from v1.2, turned on the camera with card in camera and .bin file in root, green light came on was blinking, stayed green wouldnt turn off green accidently hit the power button on front moving the camera around to see if other lights were on, now camera will not turn back on? Nothing, nada, zero, zilch, no light no nothing? What do i do, im freaking out.
go back a page or two - i and a couple others had that issue too. try it without a PC. copy the LD file on the sd card by itself, put card in camera, power on camera. wait for lights to stop flashing and/or turn off completely for at least 30 seconds. take out SD card. erase LD file, copy the actual firmware bin file on the card, then put the card in the camera, power on, wait for lights to stop flashing (about a minute from what i remember) and turn off. then remove SD card, power on camera again and you should be good. your preferences will be reset so be sure to go back into system and change stuff like 50/60hz, pal/ntsc, and other options you want. only thing it keeps is time/date.

go back a page or two - i and a couple others had that issue too. try it without a PC. copy the LD file on the sd card by itself, put card in camera, power on camera. wait for lights to stop flashing and/or turn off completely for at least 30 seconds. take out SD card. erase LD file, copy the actual firmware bin file on the card, then put the card in the camera, power on, wait for lights to stop flashing (about a minute from what i remember) and turn off. then remove SD card, power on camera again and you should be good. your preferences will be reset so be sure to go back into system and change stuff like 50/60hz, pal/ntsc, and other options you want. only thing it keeps is time/date.

What the hell? Ok nevermind this update was retarded. Ok so i did exactly what i said above, finally got it to turn back on, took out the battery, pressed the power button for about 30 seconds, tried to turn it back on, the camera beeped at me and i went to the settings menu and checked the firmware version and it appears i successfully updated the firmware? Dont ask me how this happened to work but it appears i have successfully got it to work. Is there anything else i have to do to make sure the upgrade was successful?

No you should be good if it says 1.3 in the camera. Yes, this was one of the stranger firmware flashes I've done, but not the worst. Some phone flashes were downright screwy with the button dances you have to do to get them in download of recovery mode, or just to enable those functions in the first place... I'm glad we can just drop a file on the card and go without any finger gymnastics!

Nice GitUp images, clean windshield and car!
Looking at your video I have the feeling that low light is better now.

enjoy,
Mtz

Is there anything else i have to do to make sure the upgrade was successful?
You just need check the version number, the latest is V1.3.

You just need check the version number, the latest is V1.3.

It seems to be good to go. Also, it seemed that this latest firmware upgrade took way longer than 30 seconds. I would have gave this one a solid 5-8 minutes to update, unlike v1.2 which took like 30 seconds. The v1.3 update took a long time. Just FYI for anyone thinking this will be a 30 second and done update.

I really think if people read the instruction on how to do this firmware flash that it would have gone easy as it did for me, 30 seconds and I was done.

I have the same problem than others, camera is unusable after upgrade 1.3. Doesn´t works, doesnt turn on and battery is 100x100 charged? It´s possible to do downgrade to v 1.2. i´m so angry. i have tested upgrade with pc, without pc and i am desperate

I have the same problem than others, camera is unusable after upgrade 1.3. Doesn´t works, doesnt turn on and battery is 100x100 charged? It´s possible to do downgrade to v 1.2. i´m so angry. i have tested upgrade with pc, without pc and i am desperate
please try doing what i said in my post above. do not connect camera to computer.

Tjanks, i have tried and doesnt works. Camera is dead after upgrading whit or whitout pc

Before people get on the bandwagon of condeming gitup for having a bad firmware, it would be nice to know if the people who are having problems followed the upgrade steps exactly or did they skip something like the ld file?

Of course in my case i have done exactly as gitup says and the beaviour is the same in more than many users

Before people get on the bandwagon of condeming gitup for having a bad firmware, it would be nice to know if the people who are having problems followed the upgrade steps exactly or did they skip something like the ld file?
What Drifter said above is very important in trying to figure out the issue. Some of the questions that should be asked/answered 1) did I follow the instructions and flash each file individually? 2) did I use an SD card that was less than 32gb and formatted correctly? 3) did i connect the camera to pc or not? Etc...

I had no issue with the update and it took no more than 40 secs for the firmware file. I followed the instructions exactly as posted by Gitup. Starting with the ld file and then the firmware file.

Last edited:
There are not any real problems with firmware upgrade, not any camera fault, just not following the instructions exactly.
The cameras are not dead, are not bricked. Just is in a state which is waiting for a loader or for a correct firmware.

If the loader is upgraded is not possible to go back to firmware 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2.

enjoy,
Mtz

In my case i disconnected the camera after putting the LD file on the camera. Which was not part of the instructions. :/

Yeah, i didnt follow the directions, i just moved the git2fw.bin on my sdcard and put it in the camera and did the upgrade that way. Totally went off the v1.2 upgrade procedure. My camera works fine btw, so far. This was just my experience.

@jogger
Right and you thought you bricked your camera.:confused: As they say in the IT world, when in doubt, RTFM. In this case, read the simple and clear instructions for the upgrade to V 1.3 and people will not have an issue

In my case i disconnected the camera after putting the LD file on the camera. Which was not part of the instructions. :/
But is clear that you need to disconnect and reconnect the camera because you will not look on PC Monitor how nice is sitting the bin file into the root of the Micro SDCard. :p

enjoy,
Mtz

Back