GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I got my Git2 from GearBest last week. I'm pretty happy with it except for the minor issue of white dots/warm pixels that Gitup is trying to fix with firmware.
One technical question arose, however, that I haven't seen answered on the forum: How does the external microphone indicate to the camera whether it is stereo or mono?

I'm trying to create a custom external microphone + power cable and I'd like to enable the stereo mic inputs. I've read these two statements from Gitup indicating it's possible, but how exactly does the mono/stereo "switch" mechanism work?
- "Support stereo audio with external stereo MIC, automatically detect if the external MIC is stereo or Mono version."
- "Unlike on Git1, we add a switch to detect the external MIC is stereo or mono version. So no problem to support stereo external MIC."

I've seen one guy use 100k resistor between ID pin and GND, and another said to use 33k. Would Gitup be able to explain the different resistor value choices and what mode they select (stereo mic, mono mic, video out, video+mic, etc).

I got my Git2 from GearBest last week. I'm pretty happy with it except for the minor issue of white dots/warm pixels that Gitup is trying to fix with firmware.
One technical question arose, however, that I haven't seen answered on the forum: How does the external microphone indicate to the camera whether it is stereo or mono?

I'm trying to create a custom external microphone + power cable and I'd like to enable the stereo mic inputs. I've read these two statements from Gitup indicating it's possible, but how exactly does the mono/stereo "switch" mechanism work?
- "Support stereo audio with external stereo MIC, automatically detect if the external MIC is stereo or Mono version."
- "Unlike on Git1, we add a switch to detect the external MIC is stereo or mono version. So no problem to support stereo external MIC."

I've seen one guy use 100k resistor between ID pin and GND, and another said to use 33k. Would Gitup be able to explain the different resistor value choices and what mode they select (stereo mic, mono mic, video out, video+mic, etc).
I used 33K resistor. In the info I met 100k is for video.
03f723864a7726bd59d1dfddb4ff1822.jpg

I used 33K resistor. In the info I met 100k is for video.

Thank you gito75. So what if you want BOTH video out and mic in? The official GoPro "Combo Cable" (the one that has both video out and mic in pictured below) resulted in only one channel of the mic input being used for both left and right. I understand that is the correct behavior for a mono mic, but it seems the Git2 does not follow the GoPro standard exactly there.
ANCBL-301_main1.jpg

Thank you gito75. So what if you want BOTH video out and mic in? The official GoPro "Combo Cable" (the one that has both video out and mic in pictured below) resulted in only one channel of the mic input being used for both left and right. I understand that is the correct behavior for a mono mic, but it seems the Git2 does not follow the GoPro standard exactly there.
ANCBL-301_main1.jpg
Sorry, I dont know about video. Only use external mic.
I dont know if is possible Video+mic or mic+power supply. Sorry

Sorry, I dont know about video. Only use external mic.
I dont know if is possible Video+mic or mic+power supply. Sorry
MIC + Power is not good, too much noise due to the mic and charging circuit is too close.

Regarding the external MIC, we detect the voltage to judge if it is the stereo or mono version.
For stereo mic: voltage: 2.5V +/- 0.2V
For mono mic: voltage: 0.82V +/- 0.2V

For some special mono mic, we detect it as the stereo version, but it will only record in one channel.
So the external MIC for Git2 is not same for Git1, but the Git2 mic can also work with Git1.

So, submitting support requests to Gearbest resulted in the ticket immediately being closed, with no explanation. Not helpful at all. I called DHL this morning, and they called me back after a bit of investigation, and the shipment was returned to Gearbest because... Gearbest did not declare the package had lithium batteries, and apparently there are specific rules about this when shipping these batteries. I dunno, only thing I can say is WTF. I'm seriously perturbed. I guess I'll relay this message to Gearbest and see what happens. FWIW, I had ordered an extra battery for my git2, and Gearbest "accidentally" shipped it separately via Swedish post somehow. I can't be the only unlucky Gearbest customer out there?

I realize this isn't a Gearbest support thread, but seeing how Gitup partners with Gearbest maybe reporting this here is still appropriate. I dont know anymore :(

ordered mine on black Friday and didn't turn up till December the 23rd. Think the lapse in shipping time is due to not actually having the stock, cant comment on why it would be sent back though

Your probleme is DHL , not gearbest . I have made 4 orders from gearbest and they all have been ship , recieve 2 order so far .

I assume if DHL send parcel back its cuz they trashed it, now if that had been Danish postal they would just tape it up and send it on, and deny everything as thats ther modus operandi.

Gearbest did not declare the package had lithium batteries, and apparently there are specific rules about this when shipping these batteries.
Sorry to hear that.
We use DHL everyday, and work with different shipping agent.
Some agents don't accept product with extra battery, but normally no problem for build-in battery products.
The DHL rules is different in different country.
Actually say, sometime is not good to declare it include battery, if it is the battery problem, I understand why gearbest declare like that.

Finally, the Git2 is shipped out? And it is on the way now?

Sorry to hear that.
Some agents don't accept product with extra battery, but normally no problem for build-in battery products.
Actually say, sometime is not good to declare it include battery, if it is the battery problem, I understand why gearbest declare like that.

How can I buy git2 in Malaysia? i have trouble buying it through gearbest because it uses paypal as the method of payment. i cant proceed the payment using my debit through paypal as my current bank does not allow it. :(

Also in some GitUp video from my Youtube channel the SJCam Official Channel Interpolated posted a link to the SJ5000X but the comment was marked as spam by YouTube and hided it.
Had the same issue, luckily few "mark as spam" prevented future postings on all of my videos, ridiculous.

Hi Gitup,

I just got the GIT2 and the RF Wrist Remote Controller.

I want to do the following procedures with the remote controller and FN Cam APP, but i cannot figure out how to do it.
  1. GIT2 switch to photo mode
  2. Enable the photo time lapse function in 5sec
  3. Put the GIT2 in a tripod
  4. Rise it up to 2 meters high
  5. Enable the Wifi function by the RF wrist remote controller
  6. Use the FN Cam APP to check the angle and position are correct or not
  7. Use the RF wrist remote controller (or the FN Cam APP) to activate the photo time lapse function
  8. Use the RF wrist remote controller to turn off the GIT2 after 30 minutes
Am I the only one user requesting this feature?
Please teach me how to it.
Thanks a lot.

Hi! Thanks for responding. Currently, I have no shipping updates from Gearbest. Today I've opened my fourth support request with Gearbest for the same order. It's really sad that I paid for expedited shipping, and its been over 2 weeks and the package still is in Asia. It looks like Gearbest ships from Singapore...

Sorry to hear that.

Hi! Thanks for responding. Currently, I have no shipping updates from Gearbest. Today I've opened my fourth support request with Gearbest for the same order. It's really sad that I paid for expedited shipping, and its been over 2 weeks and the package still is in Asia. It looks like Gearbest ships from Singapore...
They seem to ship via multiple routes. DHL from Singapore will deliver in UK next day, problem is that Gearbest seem to get it to DHL in Singapore via bicycle so it takes over 1 week to reach DHL! If they ship via DHL in Hong Kong then it is much faster, maybe 2 days to reach DHL and then delivered in UK next day.

Gearbest does have cheap prices, but don't expect fast delivery, even expedited, the cheap prices come first, I'm sure it will get sorted eventually though.

Comparison between retail 170 degrees lens and 94 degrees test lens:

1. Rise it up to 2 meters high
  2. Enable the Wifi function by the RF wrist remote controller.

You can enable Wi-Fi first.
As APP you can try also FN Cam if you have problems with FinalCam.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Comparison between retail 170 degrees lens and 94 degrees test lens:

enjoy,
Mtz
Nice to see that you don't need the horizon to be in the centre of the image for it to be straight :)

The recording was started with straight horizon because I want that.
The up and down cameras movement was done to keep the horizon line inside the 94 degrees lens and in this way you can check how straight is the horizon line compared to image border.

You can check how much image you miss on narrower lens also vertically, not only horizontally.

The details from wide lens are still good, look at seagulls from sky.

GitUp Git2 170 degrees lens.MP4_snapshot_00.01_[2016.01.11_20.41.37].jpg GitUp Git2 94 degrees lens.MP4_snapshot_00.01_[2016.01.11_20.41.30].jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

The recording was started with straight horizon because I want that.
The up and down cameras movement was done to keep the horizon line inside the 94 degrees lens and in this way you can check how straight is the horizon line compared to image border.

You can check how much image you miss on narrower lens also vertically, not only horizontally.

The details from wide lens are still good, look at seagulls from sky.

View attachment 20161 View attachment 20162

enjoy,
Mtz
This looks great! I like the smaller fov, would be great if I could purchase a git2 directly with the 94fov lens.

I don't know if GitUp want to complicate the things.
Questions about a possible version of 94 degrees:
1. Same Git2 name? If yes, they can look like SJCam which forgot to add Gyro for SJ4000+ and SJ5000X.
2. Git3 just because of 94 degrees lens? Too early to launch a new version, Git1 and Git2 buyers will not feel OK.
3. Put some round sticker over the Git2 gift box, one model with 170 degrees and the other Git2 model with 94 degrees sticker? Seems OK.
4. If lens require different firmwares because of wide/narrow FOV option in menu; or colors, white balance? They need to always offer 2 firmwares at each update and hope that the users will use correct firmware.
5. Higher price for 94 degrees lens Git2 version? Because 94 degrees lens costs more.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't know if GitUp want to complicate the things.
Questions about a possible version of 94 degrees:
1. Same Git2 name? If yes, they can look like SJCam which forgot to add Gyro for SJ4000+ and SJ5000X.

Git2 advanced? Git2 fov94? Git2 Horizon?

2. Git3 just because of 94 degrees lens? Too early to launch a new version, Git1 and Git2 buyers will not feel OK.
Agree.
3. Put some round sticker over the Git2 gift box, one model with 170 degrees and the other Git2 model with 94 degrees sticker? Seems OK.
Agree.
4. If lens require different firmwares because of wide/narrow FOV option in menu; or colors, white balance? They need to always offer 2 firmwares at each update and hope that the users will use correct firmware.

Seems trivial after the first time implemented - 2 codeforks should not be too complicated.

5. Higher price for 94 degrees lens Git2 version? Because 94 degrees lens costs more.
Thats okay. 94 fov is very convenient for aerial footage. I love it in my phantom3. I think this could be a Standout feature compared to the competition.

enjoy,
Mtz

6. Pro version: new mold for waterproof case. Or the black part from front of the waterproof case to be thicker to allow the 94 degrees lens to fit inside waterproof case. They need to keep the advertised 30m depth.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back