GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

The best is to convert only once a video if is really needed. I don't edit videos just cut and join and then upload to YouTube and in this way I am sure I provided the best quality. I don't want to sacrifice image just because I want to put some subtitles which are available on YouTube as annotations.
But when doing side by side comparisons I am forced to reencode videos and for this job I am using as encoder X264 which can preserve the best quality much better than the Avi Cineform used by GoPro Studio.

enjoy,
Mtz

Regarding to much video resolution / frame rate options. Maybe it's better to separate resolution and frame rates, add another sub menu next to the resolution one, First we'll select resolution and the second menu will only display possible frame rates for that resolution, I think it will be easier to config than going through all the combinations.

My vote is to keep the 720p 30 fps and even the VGA even at lower fps, real 120 should be OK. If somebody bought a thing with some features is normal to keep them, not to remove. I like many features, I was looking at Yi dashcam and I felt like cheated with just 6-7 menu options.

enjoy,
Mtz
OK, as we plan to add the 1440*1080P 60fps 4:3 resolution, I am afraid there are too many options.

Hi all.

I have my GIT2 for two weeks and I am really surprised.
The video quality is perfect except of hot pixels on higher ISO video.

I had the same problem with my previous cam (SJ5000x Elite) and there was possible to calibrate the sensor thru the "engmode".
The GIT2 has implemented the "engmode" but is not working correctly.

Please solve this in next Firmware.

Hello Im really consider to buy Git2

But in all comparing videos I have seen the image seems to be dark. Especially the green is not bright enough, snow is dark and all colours are more like "sunset".

Are the colours adjustable by setting? Or this is just attribute of Git2?

This is visible especially when compare to the GoPro, but even Xiaomi, or Git1 has brighter collors.

But in all comparing videos I have seen the image seems to be dark. Especially the green is not bright enough, snow is dark and all colours are more like "sunset".

This is visible especially when compare to the GoPro, but even Xiaomi, or Git1 has brighter collors.

There is an EV+ setting so if you want it to burn out the clouds then you can set it to do so.

There is also a vivid colour setting if you like strong colour, the normal setting gives more natural colours.

Is the Git2 too dark, or are all the other cameras too bright?

I think it is the Git2 that is correct, by not being too bright it can record a lot more detail in the image, especially with snow where many cameras loose a lot of the detail of the shading, and it can also record some detail in the sky where many cameras have the clouds burned to pure white while the Git2 shows actual clouds.

If you want it brighter, turn up your monitor brightness, or buy a brighter monitor, then you will see far more detail in the images. Or put your video in a video editor and turn up the gamma, if you don't have a bright monitor then that will reveal a lot more detail in the darker parts of the image as well as making the whole video brighter.

OK, as we plan to add the 1440*1080P 60fps 4:3 resolution, I am afraid there are too many options.

when are you considering to put the 24p in all resolution ??? It is alot better than 60p when you don t have enougth ligth and it is fast enought if you play with the shutter speed.

when are you going to add my french translation that I make for you with your exel file ??? It take me 4 hours to make it so I wish my time is not wasted!!!

Are you going to add the shutter speed option in your update??? The one in the cam is too slow , my dslm in 24p with a shutter speed of 1/50sec ( almost 180degre) is alot more fluid than the gitup at 30fps. ( gitup have to long exposure maybe 1/30 sec for 30fps) We should have the option to change the shutter speed, like this in the higher resolution mode where you don t have the 60fps , you can put it at 24p and still have a nice fluid video with enougth ligth exposure.

last question , Are you going to fix the Iso probleme in movie mode ??? In the lowest Iso (50) it is grainy if ligth is low . It should be dark without a grainy picture. It look like as it is alway in auto mode.

OK. I've made stereo mic adapter and I tested my Git2 with external mics.
My comments in video are in russian, but I've added subtitles in english.
Or you can skip first three minutes and start listening sound recorded

That Sony mic sounds surprisingly good, maybe missing a bit of very high frequency but the rest has good detail, goes well with the Sony image sensor :)

The other external mic is lacking a lot of low frequency audio but that might be good for avoiding problems with wind noise outside, however the internal Git2 mic is so good that unless you want stereo there is not much need for an external mic.

But another audio test that depends on the quality of the speakers producing the sound which is impossible to know by listening.

Maybe the Git3 can have a stereo internal mic...

Could you test one thing? When you plug external stereo mic in your git2 and use it like webcam does Skype have sound from external mic? I try to use git2 for live stream but for now git2 does not work with internal mic so I'm curious that maybe work with external.

when are you considering to put the 24p in all resolution ??? It is alot better than 60p when you don t have enougth ligth and it is fast enought if you play with the shutter speed.

when are you going to add my french translation that I make for you with your exel file ??? It take me 4 hours to make it so I wish my time is not wasted!!!

Are you going to add the shutter speed option in your update??? The one in the cam is too slow , my dslm in 24p with a shutter speed of 1/50sec ( almost 180degre) is alot more fluid than the gitup at 30fps. ( gitup have to long exposure maybe 1/30 sec for 30fps) We should have the option to change the shutter speed, like this in the higher resolution mode where you don t have the 60fps , you can put it at 24p and still have a nice fluid video with enougth ligth exposure.

last question , Are you going to fix the Iso probleme in movie mode ??? In the lowest Iso (50) it is grainy if ligth is low . It should be dark without a grainy picture. It look like as it is alway in auto mode.
We are working on new firmware now, of course we will improve the french translation in this version, and will still need your help.

Regarding the fixing the shutter speed for video, we have done some testing, this will be only useful with specific ISO and fixed lighting. It seems similar to change the EV value.

Reactions: Jde

Default brightness setting of Git2 is better, video have lot of more details but it is terrible over-sharpened, video from Git1 have more natural sharpness.
@gitup please make something with this and please add contrast setting, we need option to flatter look.

Could you test one thing? When you plug external stereo mic in your git2 and use it like webcam does Skype have sound from external mic? I try to use git2 for live stream but for now git2 does not work with internal mic so I'm curious that maybe work with external.
If I have external stereo mic connected, I can't use it as a webcam cause I have mic connected to the cam's USB. So I can't connect it to the PC simultaneously with external mic

So here's my first video, had it set on 720@30fps so quality isn't great, lesson learned for the next one! What do you think?
This video looks quite good for being 720 - 30.

Earlier post link:
GitUp Git2- Official Support

Please, someone weigh in as to why my earlier (last week) video had extreme shake in either gyro off or gyro on?
The shake was so bad that cars were backing up as they drove forward. I would have been happy with colettiarb video for the resolution.

Last edited:
Default brightness setting of Git2 is better, video have lot of more details but it is terrible over-sharpened, video from Git1 have more natural sharpness.
@gitup please make something with this and please add contrast setting, we need option to flatter look.

+ 1, it's terrible this over sharpness.

Just received my git2 last week, and putting it through its paces. Thanks @TechTronic9000 ! I bought a Samsung EVO 64GB SD card while I was in Hong Kong, so I'm making sure its 'real' by filling it up a few times, as well as running down and recharging the batteries a few times in preparation for my snowboarding trip next week.

Does anyone know if the git2 uses much batteries if its powered on and just sitting idle?

Does anyone know if the git2 uses much batteries if its powered on and just sitting idle?
It still uses most of the power since the LCD is showing the image so it needs to run the sensor and processor, some is saved because it doesn't need to write to the memory card.

Remember that in the cold the batteries do not last as long as normal, maybe less than half the normal time if it is properly cold, so keep a spare battery or power bank handy.

I agree with the over-sharpness, it hurts my eyes, it looks horrible.
It's worst in night videos, you get awful halos from light source like lamp post :(

It still uses most of the power since the LCD is showing the image so it needs to run the sensor and processor, some is saved because it doesn't need to write to the memory card.
It definitely uses less then recording, second to that the LCD screen, Gyro sensor and WiFi are bigger consumers.

I read somewhere that the Gyro doesnt cause much of a battery hit, but that might have been concluded from testing where the Gyro didnt need to work that hard?

Wondering if it makes any sense for @gitup to consider a "low-power idle" mode, where only the RC is on. This could potentially allow the RC to wake up the device. I just dont know how much of a battery improvement if any, this would allow... I recall years ago I left my gopro hero1 on (but not recording), thinking the battery wouldnt be affected. I was wrong heh.

Don't get me wrong, the git2 battery is quite good already, but nothing wrong with trying to squeeze a couple more minutes out of it :D

Back