GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

A few days ago I've been practicing ski in a small "ski resort" close to where I live and I took Git2 and gimbal with me.
The result, in my opinion, was quite satisfactory. I'd always said "better than I expected", and this time it has happened again like that.
By having the camera uncovered because of the gimbal, I've lost uv filter (early), so I've been all day with the camera and lens naked, skiing, and with a máximun of -2ºC at 12 AM. So I thought the camera would soon be out of power by the cold, but it worked fine, as always. I tried the camera battery and also worked perfectly.

1920 x 1080 / 60fps
ISO: 100 or auto.
Gyro: Off
Sharpness: Normal
Mettering: AVG
FOV: Wide
Rest of parameters: No changes or off.

Previously I could try the gyro with low light. At 6 PM until sunset.
This time is not so appreciably (so much) the rotors gimbal sound, so the sea is heard much better, but I made the mistake of putting the microphone volume low :(
With the Gyro on, the image loses some quality. But anything that has too much importance to me. Although setting a little the light can make the image a little bit better.

The same settings as above except: Gyro: On.

Greetings!

:eek: I just noticed, this is all off topic! I thought we were in the owners thread :oops:

Could you please name and maybe show your camera set-up, e.g. which lenses you are using?

Thanks! :)
I don't think Gitup will mind us using his thread for this!

• Camera: Git2
  • Frame: Gitup Dashcam/Tripod frame
  • Mount: Gitup Bike mount + a few bits + tripod adaptor.
  • Filter Adaptor: XCSource 52mm
  • Close up lens: Hoya Pro-digital +3 52mm
  • 2nd close up lens: Unbranded +4 52mm from a cheap Ebay set (nowhere near as good as the Hoya but still works OK, but spoils the background bokeh a bit.)
  • Firmware: Not yet released (37,000kbps)!
  • Memory card: Samsung Evo+ 64GB

In focus range : 10 - 17cm from back of camera frame.

y3m8QLFc-W7hCNbSt6Dg_Y3nun_vc-nmJiDfEALxC_vavS8ta9J1ilpqSlErC05FoD6oLqpQr-HOB6sPBJAbO478NWDUHz9OxtFbWXXo8Sk16v-YnvJAF9A7dICouJf018q94YCiQyVOzqjBsV73FJVpGy2P5Q7TVfCRQWgZvv7fDQ

y3m5rB0TDTiH8LkKuxgn0kjJjBmNmzARrVsqQVoohc-uNDGe4bx4H8fdoWl-VMX2uolRoYlmKJlEvyV5CcRn6kQeS1m0VcirHWPyBSsYpY64ei1va3s_YZWJui2lGI5y-iW3MyfB8bJwmaLrZV5f8Cu_beyg7a20lFgPsCFFMmGTIE

Last edited:
Seeing all these examples of great footage in good light is almost making me regret returning mine because of the hot pixels issue in low light. :oops:

I've seen mention of a 'prototype firmware' - is there any word on whether that includes pixel remapping functionality to mitigate the hot pixels and/or an ETA for its release? If a fix is imminent then I may pick one up again.

Hey guys! The stabilizer on this camera is awesome! Check out my video. The video was testing the gimbal on my Traxxas Aton, but the image stabilizer on the Git2 is amazing! Check it out!

Some of the footage in this thread is amazing - no wonder GoPro are losing out these days when cameras like this are around!

Some of the footage in this thread is amazing - no wonder GoPro are losing out these days when cameras like this are around!
it's why at the end of my review, i said that at this point, if you insist on buying a gopro, you're really just paying for the name. i see zero reason to pay 2-3x as much for a genuine gopro.

it's like that in every new market though - the first VCR/DVD/CD/plasma/{insert product here} was stupidly expensive, then other mfr's figured out ways to make them cheaper and better, and eventually it got to where you could buy one for 1/100 of the original cost, and it was way better than the original, too.

I remember getting in on the CD bandwagon erly, my first player cost me 6000 DKkr, and within 10 years i could get one just as good for 1000 DKkr.

Still get a little wet in the corner of my eye when i think about the vinyl collection i sold :(

Maybe a shower curtain rod can works. Is cheaper

http://m.ikea.com/es/es/catalog/products/art/71756310/
No, need the suction cups because the body of the car flexes during turns and that would make a tension rod fall. Not to mention the side windows aren't perfectly vertical like the walls around a tub, so it won't work. Good idea though, it's always good to find a cheaper solution as long as it works.

Seeing all these examples of great footage in good light is almost making me regret returning mine because of the hot pixels issue in low light. :oops:

I've seen mention of a 'prototype firmware' - is there any word on whether that includes pixel remapping functionality to mitigate the hot pixels and/or an ETA for its release? If a fix is imminent then I may pick one up again.

My same thoughts : decent daytime videos, not so much with indoors video, lowlight or artificial light, plenty of hot pixels and grainy video. I won t return mine because it s too much hassle and I won t get an GoPro again, but I hope lowlight recording gets usuable with the next firmware.
I have made a few videos myself and uploaded them to Ytube

My same thoughts : decent daytime videos, not so much with indoors video, lowlight or artificial light, plenty of hot pixels and grainy video. I won t return mine because it s too much hassle and I won t get an GoPro again, but I hope lowlight recording gets usuable with the next firmware.
I have made a few videos myself and uploaded them to Ytube

Is the date stamp only in American format?

2 weeks later still no response from GITUP on my ticket...

Back