GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

So i have sent a ticket to Gitup and they haven´t replyed in 8 days. So my problem is that some of the screws dont fit correctly on the connectors, its really wierd. And both are "broken" i cant remove the screw out of the connector.
So @gitup help me please.

@gitup
Git2 Frame tripod connection too shallow

The 1/4-20 tripod connection is too shallow such that most tripod screws will be too long for the frame to tightly connect to tripod.
Several of the small tripods / monopods I bought will not connect tightly. Using a washer as a spacer doesn't seem best answer.
In the photos, (1) you can see that a typical tripod connector has a much deeper hole for the tripod/monopod screw; (2) frame won't connect tightly to monopod.
IMG_3527.JPG IMG_3526.JPG

Suggestions / future fix?

Why the video have the large block and the image is not uniform??
Is possibile in the next firmware to increase the bitrate?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3TMJ04mY28IT0tZOWp2N182azQ/view?usp=sharing

I have sj5000plus and sj4000 wifi and the video not have a large block...

Hello to the very informative forum and thank you all.

My favorite firmware improvements were these, PLEASE:

- improve video quality
- eliminate those big blocks (artefacts) that ruin blue and grey skies. (Please see extracted frame of 1080/60 frame video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpllz4s4mevclva/vlcsnap-2016-02-15-23h05m36s17.png?dl=0) Very visable as horizontal lines, when played on a retina display.
- reduce stuttering, when panning, make it look more fluently
- remove white pixels in video mode (do not appear in photo mode)
- show batterie status in percent not symbol (or let user choose)
- add feature to take foto of white card to adjust white balance
- motion detection mode: add feature that STOPS recording again, when no more movement is noticed. Maybe after 10, 20, 30 seconds and 1 and 5 minutes. Or allow user to enter time manually
- edit option to cut video files in playback mode (useful e.g.when you took long video accidentally and want to delete the rest)
- please keep listening to your customers :) That was the reason for me to buy this cam.

Thank you very much!

Gitup please answer your client!!!

I'd like to know if a 180 degree flip option is possible in a future update. That way we can optionally mount the camera upside down for special setups.

Gitup please answer your client!!!
@digisam please respect the customs of people in other countries! It is currently Chinese new year and almost every business in China is closed. Just like many European countries basically close down after lunch for siesta (which is an idea I would love to see here in the USA!)

Is it possible to downgrade to v 1.2? I have some wierd problems on 1.3.

First of all, RC is uselles on the cold weather. 13 degrees celsius and after literally 5 mins stopped to work. Press on any button is without any success. In the warm room it works barely.

Second, camera is not recognized under W7 x64.

Third, after I could not connect camera with PC, I took off card and placed in the laptop. After putting back in the camera, none of the new recordings were saved but time left for the video was deducted. For example, before new video time was 00:30:20. Then press record for 10 seconds, new time 00:30;10. Altough I saw all recording indicators (red lights, time, beeps at the end, new time left), videos were not saved. I did reset to default camera settings but no luck in that moment. After connecting/dissconnecting camera to android app, camera started to work again normally.

In the moment of the problems I was on the skiing so I had to use Xiaomi Yi camera which worked perfectly, including remote control which works well in conditions, unlike Git2 RC which is really poor quality and not working properly at all.

@Breza

1) Maybe your remote needs a fresh new battery, it's a common CR2032 battery, replace it. Cold weather decreases battery life majorly !
2) My Git2 works on W7 and W8 x64 so you probably have a driver conflict.
3) The SD card worked in the laptop ? did it have recordings ?

1) I tought that maybe battery is the problem but that is not the case. Changed cr2032 and same thing. RC works in warm room. RC is barely used at all before this trip.

2) Not sure about that.

3) sd card works but no recordings or photos. The worst thing is that I tought I have made really good shot but I was mad when I saw the problem. So many good moments lost.

What SD card are you using ? Dis you format it using the camera menu after you have upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3 ?

Samsung evo 32gb was in it. Used it before with git2 without issue. Card also tested and works fine.

Yes I did. I have used same card. Till few days ago with 1.3 everything worked more or less well. Not sure what happened in the meantime. Maybe 10 degrees is too cold for this camera ;).

Simply, all indicators showed that recording started and ended well. However, no files on the card nor in the preview menu.

Odd thing is that Final cam fixed it somehow. Just connected via wifi once to checl if I can see missing files there. After disconnecting I have tried 2 more shots with shutter button and photo/video were there.

That's weird, but sometimes the flash cards do get easily corrupted.

I don't think its a flash card. Something happend but dunno what.

10 degrees is not too cold. I used mine while snow skiing and it was 7°f and windy. However, I was not using the remote control since I could reach the shutter button easily.

gyro and g-sensor aren't the problem. it's that the actual image sensor doesn't support rotation. so if you mount the camera upside down, your video will be upside down too and you'll have to rotate it using software. thus if you have the time/date stamp turned on (which is a good idea for dashcam use) then it will be upside down.

that said, the Git1 makes a better dashcam since it has better low light quality, AND it supports image rotation in-camera. and it's cheaper. perhaps its limiting factor is that its highest resolution is 1080p30.

Thanks for the info and advice Gibson99. This was my first action/dash cam purchase so I decided to try and get one with more features and such so I could use it for multiple things. If I get a dedicated dash cam I'll look into the git 1.

Thanks for the info and advice Gibson99. This was my first action/dash cam purchase so I decided to try and get one with more features and such so I could use it for multiple things. If I get a dedicated dash cam I'll look into the git 1.
No action camera is good for a DEDICATED dashcam because it has a battery. batteries don't like the extreme heat and cold that a car interior sees. plus they're bulky and can get in the way, and are an easy theft target. if you get a dedicated dashcam, get a real dashcam with a supercapacitor, not an action cam.

Back