GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Gitup please answer your client!!!
We are listening to you.
We also got a suggestion list from RCGroups users, we are working on some features now.

@gitup
720 - 30 Image Shake with or without Gyro

Running ver. 1.3; USA-based, so NTSC, 60hz
Don't seem to see shake when 720 - 60, 1080 - 30.
Suggestions or future fix?
Link to short demos: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1mH3nak6uuWcHR5aTZHa1BsZkU&usp=sharing
It is good to use Gyro in 1080P mode.
Regarding 720P 30fps resolution, we plan to remove this option and WVGA resolution in future.
There are too many video resolutions options, I don't think many users will use the 720p 30FPS and WVGA resolution.

@gitup: Can you tell me why the RC is such a low quality? First day in real use he stopped to work and makes trouble. Don"t need to mention that on the edges on the top, color is not black anymore but grey/white. There was no better solution but to paint silicone?

It is good to use Gyro in 1080P mode.
Regarding 720P 30fps resolution, we plan to remove this option and WVGA resolution in future.
There are too many video resolutions options, I don't think many users will use the 720p 30FPS and WVGA resolution.

I would vote to keep 720p - 30fps as this is a good compromise resolution for watching on tv without requiring large memory requirements. Surely, there must be a reasonably doable fix since the problem only seems to affect this one resolution. I hope you can solve with a firmware upgrade. I also note, you (the manufacturer), seem to already be aware of the issue reported. I applaud you're team's efforts in providing firmware updates and good communication with users.

What about all the 720p and 480p movies; I believe these video options are useful to your customers. And high resolution for YouTube - no. Must we have multi Gb files when smaller will suffice?

However, I defer to your knowledge of the product and customer base. I am just a user. All I want is a reliable camera that takes good movies / pictures without issues.

What about all the 720p and 480p movies; I believe these video options are useful to your customers. And high resolution for YouTube - no. Must we have multi Gb files when smaller will suffice?

better to shoot in higher resolutions and create a smaller version if you want when editing rather than shooting in low resolution and missing all the detail to begin with

Only reason I tried the VGA resolution was to see what I could get with 240fps. Still haven't tried editing the video to slow it down and see if it's really 240fps.

Thank you for the insight. I'll try your method of shooting in higher resolution and then post processing to reduce size. Can you or a user suggest available favored options for post processing, such as MovieMaker, VirtualDub... what do others use?

BTW, I was curious where Shenzhen is and looked it up. Looked at your impressive Civic Center. Perhaps, someday, I'll visit. Not too far from my visit to Hong Kong last year. Hello again, and thanks for the dialog.

Thank you for the insight. I'll try your method of shooting in higher resolution and then post processing to reduce size. Can you or a user suggest available favored options for post processing, such as MovieMaker, VirtualDub... what do others use?

if you're uploading to YouTube they will re-encode and offer all the lower resolutions as well for people that just want a quick look and aren't interested in the finer details, a fair amount of detail is lost with YouTube though regardless of resolution, considering it's free though that's not such a bad trade off all things considered, can still look ok

Reactions: Jde
My vote is to keep the 720p 30 fps and even the VGA even at lower fps, real 120 should be OK. If somebody bought a thing with some features is normal to keep them, not to remove. I like many features, I was looking at Yi dashcam and I felt like cheated with just 6-7 menu options.

enjoy,
Mtz

I suggest to change also the name of the resolution, 2k, 4k, hd, full hd, ecc. is more comprensibile than 2160p, 1440p, 1440p 4:3.
Any news for the sensor calibration?

I know, but maybe it can help a lot of users,or they can change the Osd description and leaving the right indication in the icon (or the opposite)

Another request, but I don't know if this is possible:
I'm using Yamb for adding to the Git2 mp4's the track name "GoPro AVC" and than I can use the GoPro Studio software without any issues. It is possible to have the track name GoPro AVC right from the camera, so we can import the videos in GoPro Studio without using Yamb?

I would think that having the GoPro name in there by default is not going to happen, would be crazy of any manufacturer to think about doing that, GoPro have very deep pockets and not afraid of litigation

It is possible to have the track name GoPro AVC right from the camera, so we can import the videos in GoPro Studio without using Yamb?
Sometime ago I was thinking to the same thing but I was afraid for such request, jokiin is right.
But why to not hack personally the GoPro Studio to accept any file from any camera? :cool::D

enjoy,
Mtz

I know, but maybe it can help a lot of users,or they can change the Osd description and leaving the right indication in the icon (or the opposite)

Another request, but I don't know if this is possible:
I'm using Yamb for adding to the Git2 mp4's the track name "GoPro AVC" and than I can use the GoPro Studio software without any issues. It is possible to have the track name GoPro AVC right from the camera, so we can import the videos in GoPro Studio without using Yamb?
Try windows movie maker instead may not have as many options but it does have a few.

I was able to import a video into go pro after I ran it through handbrake.

Also I just came across this software which I haven't tried yet but might work out as well http://www.openshot.org/

I also want to see if you convert the original MP4 to AVI if GO Pro will see the file OK>

Back