GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Hey guys,

Love my new git2. I know the camera is compatible with most GoPro accessories. My question is - is the lense on the camera in the exact same location as the GoPro? I'm looking to buy a case which will allow me to add 52mm filters. I'm interested in buying this case, but wasn't sure if it would fit....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N5IRJJY

I bought an adapter from Amazon and it's just a little too large. But with some tape in the inner side it is perfect.

We are working on new firmware now, of course we will improve the french translation in this version, and will still need your help.

Regarding the fixing the shutter speed for video, we have done some testing, this will be only useful with specific ISO and fixed lighting. It seems similar to change the EV value.

I allready translate your exel file and send it back to you by email , I belive but I never get a confirmation that you recieve it . If you still need help, just ask!!!

For the EV value , this is not something I feel that I have a good contrôle of the shutter speed as it play with other factor at the same time . Me I like changing the shutter speed to what I need , and if it is still to dark , now I will play with the ISO . If my video is in 24p 1080p and the action give me motion blur , I just change the shutter speed to a faster and most of the time , this will fix the motion blur. On the 1080p , I can go to 60fps and have less motion blur but I will need more space on the memory card. Now If I record on the higher resolution like 2160p where I don t have the 60p option for the motion blur , now it is a good idea to play with the shutter speed.

So playing with the shutter speed give some adventages
more ligth
less motion blur (best Image quality)
less space need on the memory cards.

I allready translate your exel file and send it back to you by email , I belive but I never get a confirmation that you recieve it . If you still need help, just ask!!!

For the EV value , this is not something I feel that I have a good contrôle of the shutter speed as it play with other factor at the same time . Me I like changing the shutter speed to what I need , and if it is still to dark , now I will play with the ISO . If my video is in 24p 1080p and the action give me motion blur , I just change the shutter speed to a faster and most of the time , this will fix the motion blur. On the 1080p , I can go to 60fps and have less motion blur but I will need more space on the memory card. Now If I record on the higher resolution like 2160p where I don t have the 60p option for the motion blur , now it is a good idea to play with the shutter speed.

So playing with the shutter speed give some adventages
more ligth
less motion blur (best Image quality)
less space need on the memory cards.
Why do you not want the motion blur?

If you use a fast shutter speed with 24fps then you see a sequence of individual frames, normally you need the motion blur to make it look smooth...

This was recorded at 24fps in 2160 resolution, I was trying to video the little birds, but some of them were far larger than the little Git2! :

A frame grab from the 2160 resolution (prototype firmware):

(If you can't see this image then please say, I'm trying a new host.)
y3minNt1wzBtPi8L3_rmfirVuk8lIbcjYpuC3u1MPfvB281R-CSbIuYMfTqTnAiW4680SQ97WxyQwXGEFPFVTnVHAIxrReEag-S-6ydxkGUzpLVQFIsQkZs8Fb1CxpnWACOOG3jjEliXVMtD2e9z262sAmC86w5LnJHZouu3FqDjC4

I read somewhere that the Gyro doesnt cause much of a battery hit, but that might have been concluded from testing where the Gyro didnt need to work that hard?
I noticed a definite hit to battery life with gyro enabled when I used mine for snow skiing this past Christmas. Totally worth it though!

I noticed a definite hit to battery life with gyro enabled when I used mine for snow skiing this past Christmas. Totally worth it though!
Wonder if this was part of my short battery last week snowboarding?

Wonder if this was part of my short battery last week snowboarding?
It may make more difference in the cold when the battery is nearer it's current limit. When I tested it in the warm I didn't see much difference, but I wasn't giving it a lot of work to do when I did a careful test. To test it properly and get a result that is definitely valid under all conditions, not effected by temperature, movement or the amount of charge to start with takes too much time and effort.

I think cold probably makes the biggest difference, after that choosing 30fps instead of 60 fps can make a big difference.

Why do you not want the motion blur?

If you use a fast shutter speed with 24fps then you see a sequence of individual frames, normally you need the motion blur to make it look smooth...

This was recorded at 24fps in 2160 resolution, I was trying to video the little birds, but some of them were far larger than the little Git2! :

A frame grab from the 2160 resolution (prototype firmware):

(If you can't see this image then please say, I'm trying a new host.)
y3minNt1wzBtPi8L3_rmfirVuk8lIbcjYpuC3u1MPfvB281R-CSbIuYMfTqTnAiW4680SQ97WxyQwXGEFPFVTnVHAIxrReEag-S-6ydxkGUzpLVQFIsQkZs8Fb1CxpnWACOOG3jjEliXVMtD2e9z262sAmC86w5LnJHZouu3FqDjC4

I don t want more motion blur. I have to much motion blur.
that why i want to control the shutter speed.

By the way your video is better than what I get

Thanks! Just curious, which case did you buy?
I bought an aluminum case with a 37mm filter thread (just search Aluminium GoPro). Then I bought a 52mm filter adaptor for the naked GoPro and modify the Aluminium case for use the 52mm filter (no vignetting and same size as one of my Pentax DSLR lens)

Had some play with a lens correction plugin, it did reduce the fisheye a lot, but still not perfect

Impressive fisheye correction. Can you provide details how to process our videos to remove / reduce fisheye effect?

I assume you are using a technique other than the fairly useful GoPro Studio fisheye effect removal.

I don't know what is using TechTronic, but in some posts some people including me recommended this tutorial.

enjoy,
Mtz

Reactions: Jde
Hey guys,

Love my new git2. I know the camera is compatible with most GoPro accessories. My question is - is the lense on the camera in the exact same location as the GoPro? I'm looking to buy a case which will allow me to add 52mm filters. I'm interested in buying this case, but wasn't sure if it would fit....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N5IRJJY

Why not go for this one for lens protection? (UV Action Camera optical glass lens cover for gopro)

My Gitup2 fits perfectly into the original Gopro4 waterproof case. Which is a absolutely great feature, I think!

Maybe you would like to check aliexpress or banggood as well for aluminum cases as well? I am pretty sure I saw the same case there for significantelly less $$.

Last edited:
@Nigel

By the way your video is better than what I get

Same for me. Would be VERY happy to have same quality. What can we do?

To know the exact hyperfocal distance of the lens would be essential for lens correction, I think.

Last edited:
@TechTronic9000, after unboxing, pushed in the battery and empty 32 Gig micro sd (formatted fat 32) in the cam, and got it 3 hours loading.
At first no response at all, no blinking photo led at front, but after several tries, a green led light blinking for 3 hours.
After loading, when pushing power button, no response at all. Tried everything, another USB cable, battery out, and in, formated sd card again, but nothing happens.

I do not want to send Git2 back, because of high costst, long duration, and bad reviews , and unreliable Gearbest support.
http://www.gizchina.com/forums/topic/beware-of-gearbest-support-service/
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2570353

Thanks for quick response ;-)
Any idea of Tinydeal.com? another Chinese vendor from which I just ordered a SJCAM, and the biggest number of vendors in dashcamtalk comes from China

Why not go for this one for lens protection? (UV Action Camera optical glass lens cover for gopro)

My Gitup2 fits perfectly into the original Gopro4 waterproof case. Which is a absolutely great feature, I think!

Maybe you would like to check aliexpress or banggood as well for aluminum cases as well? I am pretty sure I saw the same case there for significantelly less $$.
That 'uv' filter sits perfectly on git2. I have also tried 37mm with cap on it and it is a bit bigger. In gyro mode not vignetting but in photo mode and gyro off, exists.

Impressive fisheye correction. Can you provide details how to process our videos to remove / reduce fisheye effect?

I assume you are using a technique other than the fairly useful GoPro Studio fisheye effect removal.
It's a commercial software / plugin combination, it is not perfect, the method presented by @Mtz yields better results but needs two encodings. I'm still looking for a easier, cheaper or free method.

Reactions: Jde
@Nigel

Same for me. Would be VERY happy to have same quality. What can we do?

To know the exact hyperfocal distance of the lens would be essential for lens correction, I think.
I've no idea what the hyperfocal distance is! I have a +3 and a +4 close focus lens attached to the Git2, then I just adjusted the camera position until the focus was correct. The sunshine helps a lot with image quality :)

I've improved the exposure (EV -1), got some different birds and changed to 1080 resolution for 60fps frame rate and no interpolation:

A frame with some action and motion blur:
y3mDUziTWWx8VWvKJo9NStvfewFXi9G8sNRN7AY611iMs3ELTxDP8bryd_LmBrEH5qi_psstGrtjEEHAJqNkQX0SRgpTSJlGrkn5e1TAluad0GKC8Pnw5hptg2_KKyJ1SA_ZYjQl_l74L4FOnw7GxpK9zEqrzz3qHd-6ncZFDw7ZGw

A static frame:

y3mo8qs29y84JmTk85YkihdU6y03CJGemjio3sS_FaIgtRhyt5P7bcWH2JMQWZ2nyB35xQeHxyjKlQr8srJ89rkAPMLJNpjEOpzKjiGTaE-pHxim2_bp34ySB5Dnrcglj6UsfMu-9FgNZC80VhJXlDvaJdMmRxfU-Ct-Qr6awECUwg

Youtube with some added sharpening and increased gamma:

And a short clip with 60fps action straight from the camera for download, I cleaned the dust off the lens for this since it is visible in the above clips:
https://mega.nz/#!g5A3wK6T!j0lOHyA0HR-USM7w1YhOgMkP0V0v7_VMQ67nXID3U5Q

I have a +3 and a +4 close focus lens attached to the Git2...

:eek: I just noticed, this is all off topic! I thought we were in the owners thread :oops:

Could you please name and maybe show your camera set-up, e.g. which lenses you are using?

Thanks! :)

Back