GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

In my git2 there was also problem with a date and time settings backup battery. When i removed front panel i saw that little "button cell" (this is little capacitor) is not soldered propertly. On a screw hole in front panel there was mark left by this little cell - so i think that in factory they soldered this capacitor not exactly in place and when they putted panel on - it ripped button cell off. Its a little bit tricky to solder it back in place, so i soldered a wires to this little capacitor and then soldered wires to mainboard. I putted capactor in space above lens. I can make tomorrow some photo.

Sorry for my english, if you dont understand something - feel free to ask - i will try to explain it :p

After some test i must say, mobius makes little bit better video. In daylight have this two cam very comparable video quality, so i am satisfied with git2 and i can't wait to test gyro on bike.

I have one question, is there someone who don't have hot pixels? I have 2 and i don't have problem to see them in daylight on dark colors. So i thinking about sending git on repair, but i do not know if that makes sense. I know there will be firmware (1.4) who solution this problem, but i think this never be 100%

After some test i must say, mobius makes little bit better video. In daylight have this two cam very comparable video quality, so i am satisfied with git2 and i can't wait to test gyro on bike.

I have one question, is there someone who don't have hot pixels? I have 2 and i don't have problem to see them in daylight on dark colors. So i thinking about sending git on repair, but i do not know if that makes sense. I know there will be firmware (1.4) who solution this problem, but i think this never be 100%
Guess I'm lucky because I haven't seen any hot pixels on mine. Then again I haven't recorded anything in the dark, only overcast days, dusk, dawn, and while snowing hard during the day... Obviously hot pixels won't show up in the snow videos ;)

In my git2 there was also problem with a date and time settings backup battery. When i removed front panel i saw that little "button cell" (this is little capacitor) is not soldered propertly. On a screw hole in front panel there was mark left by this little cell - so i think that in factory they soldered this capacitor not exactly in place and when they putted panel on - it ripped button cell off. Its a little bit tricky to solder it back in place, so i soldered a wires to this little capacitor and then soldered wires to mainboard. I putted capactor in space above lens. I can make tomorrow some photo.

Sorry for my english, if you dont understand something - feel free to ask - i will try to explain it :p
Thanks for feedback, and glad to see you have solved this problem.
In mass production, that little capacitor is soldered with SMT processing, so this will not be the common issue.

Testing with another new 90° lens.

Hi, I have the same problem with date and time setings when I change battery in my Git2. :(
Any solution?

I have tested the gyro on my motorcycle on a rough road the gyro handles it very well,plus my bike has a fair amount of vibration.Posted in git 2 videos

Just got the camera in the mail, pretty awesome how small it is. Problem for me right now is I cant get the remote to work with it. It wasn't pairing on the firmware it came with (1.2.xxxx) or the latest firmware (1.3.xxxx) I have reset camera back to default 2 times and opened wrist remote to take out battery and put back in but it still doesn't connect. The button cell battery in the watch is a 3v but when I test with multimeter it's only 2.6v or so. Is that my problem?

Just got the camera in the mail, pretty awesome how small it is. Problem for me right now is I cant get the remote to work with it. It wasn't pairing on the firmware it came with (1.2.xxxx) or the latest firmware (1.3.xxxx) I have reset camera back to default 2 times and opened wrist remote to take out battery and put back in but it still doesn't connect. The button cell battery in the watch is a 3v but when I test with multimeter it's only 2.6v or so. Is that my problem?
do you get lights on the remote when you press buttons? they should flash briefly while you press buttons.

I had the same problem with pairing the cam with the remote. I cannot tell why, but after 50 tries, it suddenly worked. Afterwards, I did not need SO many tries to pair it. But does defenitly still not work at once. Keep trying! :(

Is there any silicon lens cover for the git2 waterproof housing like this one?

Does one from sjcam fit the git2 housing?

do you get lights on the remote when you press buttons? they should flash briefly while you press buttons.
No, no lights when doing that. When I take the battery out and hold it to the contacts, the wifi button has an extremely light green tint (so light a camera wouldn't see it) so I guess it's getting power.

Is there any silicon lens cover for the git2 waterproof housing like this one?

Does one from sjcam fit the git2 housing?
The SJCam one does not fit for the Git2.
To use the case or filter on the waterproof case, we suggest to buy a gopro case, there are many cheap GoPro hero3+/hero4 case in the market.

No, no lights when doing that. When I take the battery out and hold it to the contacts, the wifi button has an extremely light green tint (so light a camera wouldn't see it) so I guess it's getting power.
If there is no light while pressing the button, it means no enough power, firstly you can try to replace the battery, it is very cheap for such button battery.
How long have you got this remote? If you can not solve the remote problem, please drop a PM to me.

If there is no light while pressing the button, it means no enough power, firstly you can try to replace the battery, it is very cheap for such button battery.
How long have you got this remote? If you can not solve the remote problem, please drop a PM to me.
I will try to get a new battery first. I just got the camera today but I ordered it back on 2/5/2016 so it very well could have lost power during shipping.

I will try to get a new battery first. I just got the camera today but I ordered it back on 2/5/2016 so it very well could have lost power during shipping.
Not likely. I've had my remote since last fall and the battery is still good even though I don't use it very often. Probably just a defective battery to start with. It happens sometimes.

Before I have tested Transcend 128GB card on Git2, it works, but can not preview file on the camera, no problem play file on computer, will take some time do more testing and solve this problem.
Techmoan's review caused me to be very impressed with the many features.Can WB red be used for underwater video?
Is the remote waterproof? It looks like it is!
Have WiFi glitches been solved with new fw?
Are you thinking of a new battery with higher mah?
Is the 30 fps option full 2 k ?

Can you see this line while enter the menu? If you don't mind maybe we can ship a new LCD screen to you for replace if it is the screen problem.

yes, it is permanent there already i think and is it caused by the back casing is soft and cannot support the screen? is that any video to show how to dismantle the screen and replace?
anyone got this issue when trying to swap with different casing?

The CPU for Git2 is Novatek 96660, this one support real 1080P 60fps and 2K video. We have added the CPU info on our official website.
Regarding Sensor, there are 3 sensors can work with NTK96660, they are OV4689, IMX078, IMX206. The one on Git2 is IMX206.
Regarding Lens, we choose the 7G lens, we have done much comparison between the lens, so we don't use some cheap poor quality lens.
For products, even we hold releasing the OV4689 version to avoid release a new products soon just change the sensor.
We can say we have done best for this chipset.
We have no intention to copy SJCAM, we go further than SJCAM, the Git2 support external MIC, remote control, quick start recording.
It's easily seen that your customer service and features surpass SJCam!

Back