GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I am wondering why some one dont try other interesting sensors than Sony, but i assume this is rooted in Support by the chipset makers.

I know atleast 1 Toshiba sensor “T4KC3” i would love to see in a dashcam.

Maybe that will happen now Toshiba sold sensor division to Sony.
Are you certain? I just read that Sony's sensor division was so successful that Sony was spinning it off as a separate company!

Great sharpness, Nigel! Distance to the gourds, please?
I guess about 1 metre to the one in the middle, hence the strong fisheye, the table was straight. The Git2 is in focus from about 80cm.

The dragonfly needed a close focus lens and GoPro filter adaptor to hold it.

Nigel, did you use a 10 x Macro? With my Yi I have to use filters with an adapter for the waterproof case which is very close in dimensions to Gopro's 40 meter case. Is the Git 2 camera lens outside diameter the same as Gopro's? I would prefer to be able to use filters on the cam itself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel, did you use a 10 x Macro? With my Yi I have to use filters with an adapter for the waterproof case which is very close in dimensions to Gopro's 40 meter case. Is the Git 2 camera lens outside diameter the same as Gopro's? I would prefer to be able to use filters on the cam itself!
GitUp%20Git1%20Close%20up%20filter%202.jpg

Just got the camera in the mail, pretty awesome how small it is. Problem for me right now is I cant get the remote to work with it. It wasn't pairing on the firmware it came with (1.2.xxxx) or the latest firmware (1.3.xxxx) I have reset camera back to default 2 times and opened wrist remote to take out battery and put back in but it still doesn't connect. The button cell battery in the watch is a 3v but when I test with multimeter it's only 2.6v or so. Is that my problem?
2.6V open voltage is a bit low. Under load it may have only 2-2.3V and it would not provide enough power. Also when pairing for the first time try to remove things like smart phone, BT head set, smart watch/band. Also keep a bit a distance like 0.5 meters between the remote and the camera.

These 2 days we are working on the remote shutter feature for FPV, please check below video, even you can use it to control multiple cameras.

These 2 days we are working on the remote shutter feature for FPV, please check below video, even you can use it to control multiple cameras.

I have problem with date and time... When i change the battery the camera lost date... Is software or hardware problem???

Finally the Git2 will be available soon, Gearbest start the pre-sale for Git2 now.

Before we plan to release the Git2 with OV4689 sensor, at that time, we will be the first to release the latest camera based on NTK96660 chipset with Gyro, but finally we decided to hold releasing this version and go directly with a better sensor like Sony IMX206 16MP sensor, because we don't want to release a Git2 Plus in near future just change the sensor. Also we improved the audio quality, added the quick start recording. According to the test, it is worth for waiting new version.

Firstly I'd like to share some photos taken by Git2, more video and photo will be shared soon.
Below 16MP photo is re-sized to 1200*900.

View attachment 18099
View attachment 18100

Original Photo:
Git2-1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/video/git2/photo/git2-1.JPG
XiaoYi-1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/video/git2/photo/xiaoyi-1.jpg

Git2-2:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/video/git2/photo/git2-2.JPG
XiaoYi-2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/video/git2/photo/xiaoyi-2.jpg
Gitup: Would you build a Git3 with the sensor/CPU duplicating the Hero 4's performance?

Really don't know if it should be here or in another section, but I made a video with different timelapses, videolapses... The quality of the photo timelapses is obviously higher than videolapses and with "fast motion" effect in Youtube is very poor, but raw video is in another league.
I love the features of this camera, it allows almost any shot with excellent quality and extremly natural colors... Even at the beginning I had problems with high lights or overexposure if I wanted to remove the low light noise... But certainly this does not happen now.

I can not remember every video features because there are too much cuts to my short memory.
Firmware 1.2 and 1.3.
Photo timelapses, always at 16Mp.
Videolapses, always at 2160p.
And some video cuts at 1080p 15 or 12 fps.

For photo timelapses I'm learning LRTimelapse which works jointly with Lightroom. I'm still a newbie but it's great software to timelapses. If you have not tried it, it's quite interesting.

Greets!

Really don't know if it should be here or in another section, but I made a video with different timelapses, videolapses... The quality of the photo timelapses is obviously higher than videolapses and with "fast motion" effect in Youtube is very poor, but raw video is in another league.
I love the features of this camera, it allows almost any shot with excellent quality and extremly natural colors... Even at the beginning I had problems with high lights or overexposure if I wanted to remove the low light noise... But certainly this does not happen now.

I can not remember every video features because there are too much cuts to my short memory.
Firmware 1.2 and 1.3.

For photo timelapses I'm learning LRTimelapse which works jointly with Lightroom. I'm still a newbie but it's great software to timelapses. If you have not tried it, it's quite interesting.

Greets!
Amazing Visconti!

Firmware 1.2 and 1.3.

Greets!
Great work! There is a video thread (and a photo thread) in the main git2 forum if you want the video to be easier to find.

Gitup: Would you build a Git3 with the sensor/CPU duplicating the Hero 4's performance?

I like better the Idea of a swapable sensor or other coponents with a firmware update to the git2. Maybe the novatek can work with better sensor Like this it can reduce the cost of the cam.

Needs the new firmware, there is an annoying hot pixel when it gets dark towards the end, but the hot pixel does show that the reason it is so smooth was that he was using the gyro stabilisation, hard to tell otherwise -

Git2 - "It has a few features that GoPro still does not offer":
http://ronslog.typepad.com/ronslog/photography/

Regarding chipset, there is not too many options, even you can not find one better than the Ambarella A9. But for GoPro, they don't use ambarella chipset on Hero5.
For sensor, of course there are better version than the IMX177 that GoPro used.

I can not share more info, unless we actually have a Git3 already.

has anyone successfully opened or edited RAW photos from their git2? Both IrfanView and Photoshop CS6 (in Windows) don't open the files correctly. :(

Edit:
If only I took 2 minutes more to research lol, looks like a "workaround" is available here:
http://www.gitup.com/en/blog/21_How-to-use-the-RAW-file-on-Git2-.html

It would be nice if it just outputted to DNG, or if there was a program that natively supported this RAW type?

Back