GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

If you want better than the 17Mbps then you should use the 60fps mode which gives you 28Mbps.

The only advantage you might notice from going above the 17 at 30fps is that you may get better detail with a lot of high speed movement in the image, but that is what the 60fps mode is for.
What is the bitrate in Git up's 2k please ?

I have problem with date... When i change the battery the camera lost date... Is software or hardware problem???

Last edited:
Remove front panel and look at little button cell at left upper corner - check if it is correctly soldered. In my cam this little cell was not propertly mounted so i soldered a wires to it and then soldered wires to mainboard. Now it is working fine.

Update regarding wrist remote. It was the battery that came with it. Thankfully CR2032s are super commen and cheap. It paired first time and works like it should.

My Git2 has shipped, so I'll be happy to share my opinions and tests when it arrives :)

Before I have tested Transcend 128GB card on Git2, it works, but can not preview file on the camera, no problem play file on computer, will take some time do more testing and solve this problem.
This with only Transcend , or other 128 gig cards?

I have intermittent playback issues (stuttering audio and video) sometimes when playing directly from the card in the camera. Never with the file moved to the PC.
I think the USB implementation is lacking on the gitup2 and could be fixed via software.

I have intermittent playback issues (stuttering audio and video) sometimes when playing directly from the card in the camera. Never with the file moved to the PC.
I think the USB implementation is lacking on the gitup2 and could be fixed via software.
i wouldn't instantly blame it on the camera. with my wife's laptop, video stutters when playing directly from the SD card inserted into the laptop's SD card slot. but copy the file(s) to the local drive, and video plays perfect.

it could be your USB port or the controllers on the mainboard that are the bottleneck in your pc.

Could you add 120 degrees FOW in photo mode? like in video mode...

I'm thinking of buying the Git 2pro- are you otherwise happy with the camera?

I agree however, not with my PC since it is a pretty crazy PC with USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and no matter what port it is, it could happen.
Even my cables are highly rated. Also, I did a transfer rate speed from the camera to my PC and it is slow as in USB 1.0 slow so it is the camera. No issue, I move them to my PC anyway (most of the time LOL)

My git works corectly with pc. I have no issue while playing through usb cable directly from git.

Took a few photos with the Git2 today:

Autumn%20Leaves.jpg

Cow.jpg

Dragonfly.jpg

Flowers.jpg

Autumn%20Colours.jpg

Autumn%20Colours%202.jpg

Autumn%20Colours%203.jpg

Not bad for a video camera :)
Dragon Fly good!

Are you not satisfied with the current specification?

I'm not convinced the current specification has been published yet anyway, the "4K" video mode only appeared last week. the 4K photo mode the week before!

It's Halloween night, some Git2 photos from earlier today:

Pumkins2.JPG

Pond%20Colours2.jpg

Tree2.JPG

Great sharpness, Nigel! Distance to the gourds, please?

I am not sure how much better IMX206 on Git2 than IMX078 on SJ5000X or FireFly 6s. There will be more comparison video coming out soon.
But the IMX206 is more expensive than IMX078, and the IMX117 12MP sensor which Hero4 used is more expensive than IMX206.
We want to make something different, as most of cameras now used the IMX078.
I think there are some other models will use the IMX206 soon, after our released git2, it will be much easier for others to use this sensor as we did contributions to Novatek.
I don't think someone will use the IMX117 for budget action cams.
True? The Novatek CPU cannot output native 4k? Also according to Sony's data sheet the IMX 206 at 16 MP cannot support 4k but the IMX 117... at 12.45 effective MP and 1/2.5" can handle 4k at 36 fps?

Back