GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Ma ta stabilizace velky vliv na baterku? V nejakem videu bylo receno ze cca 1/3 baterie si sezere. Dik
Urcite ma vliv na baterku, ale nemam otestovane. Este som ju nemal zapnutu po celu dobu na jednu baterku, takze nemozem potvrdit. Ale tu hodku na baterku mi pripada realne.

Za hodinku tu je ppl tak se hned pustim do testovani :)

JaroCimrmane udelame jim tu trochu bordel cesky. Mam na tebe dotaz. Jak jsi spokojeny a co hotpixel? Mas s tim nejake problemy? Co vydrz na jedno nabiti. Kameru budu mit v pondeli, mozna zitra jestli se bude pplku chtit. Tak jsem zvedavy jaka bude. Objednal jsem ji jen a pouze kvuli stabilizaci na kolo. Jinak by mi stacil mobius.
Ahoj :D Ja kameru zatim nemam, porad se rozhoduji mezi Mobiusem a timhle... Mobius ma ostrejsi obraz a lepsi barvy, ale zas neumi 60fps, stabilizaci, nema displej, ale je levnej :-)
Hotpixely jsem koukal ze umi spravit firmware takze to neni zadny problem. Jestli chces cestinsky tak muzem tady: http://www.motorkari.cz/tema/?t=183330&pgr=2#goto8978335
Mas tam info i o vydrzi atd.

Jiinak stabilizace ma urcite vliv na baterku a to dost negativni, prece jenom nejaky vypocty tam probihaji a to nejakou energii stoji :-)

Za chvili tu je ppl tak udelam porovnani mobius vs git2 jak bude cas. Ja bych jezdil s mobiusem porad, ale blbne mi konektor takze jsem si udelal vyvod bokem a pouzivam ho uz jen jako carcam. Git rozhodnul diky stabilizaci. Snad nebudu zklamany, ale za 3500 s 3letou zarukou...to nema moc konkurenci. Puvodne jsem si chtel na kolo koupit xiaomi, ale uplnou nahodou jsem u toho narazil na gita a od te doby mi nedal spat.
A uz konec cesky at nejsou nastvani ;)

If I scale it down from 4k, I lose the wide angle. And for that I have the DSLR and diferentes lenses.

If it recorda at higher framerates, why not creating a 24fps mode?

Thanks

Za chvili tu je ppl tak udelam porovnani mobius vs git2 jak bude cas. Ja bych jezdil s mobiusem porad, ale blbne mi konektor takze jsem si udelal vyvod bokem a pouzivam ho uz jen jako carcam. Git rozhodnul diky stabilizaci. Snad nebudu zklamany, ale za 3500 s 3letou zarukou...to nema moc konkurenci. Puvodne jsem si chtel na kolo koupit xiaomi, ale uplnou nahodou jsem u toho narazil na gita a od te doby mi nedal spat.
A uz konec cesky at nejsou nastvani ;)

can you write in english, so more people can follow your discussion?
thx

Nothing important, but we end write in our language. Continue in english. I said it in last post.

@gitup how do I know if timeplase is in operation. no led is blinking and no shutter sound. I need to press the ok button, i see the display if red recording symbol is active. can this be improved with next fw?

thx

update: every 60 sec or so the red led is on while the display symbole is of. seems like the blinking is there but very slow.

Last edited:
@gitup how do I know if timeplase is in operation. no led is blinking and no shutter sound. I need to press the ok button, i see the display if red recording symbol is active. can this be improved with next fw?

thx

update: every 60 sec or so the red led is on while the display symbole is of. seems like the blinking is there but very slow.
The red LED blinks every second of the recorded video, not every second of real time. This is a useful warning for anyone who forgets to turn the timelapse off before trying to record normally.

If I scale it down from 4k, I lose the wide angle. And for that I have the DSLR and diferentes lenses.

If it recorda at higher framerates, why not creating a 24fps mode?

Thanks
You only loose the wide angle if you crop the video, if you just re-scale it then the only difference is that you gain quality.

@Nigel sorry, this is not correct. I have v1.3 and in timelapse with 5 sec the led does not blink. the led is on for 2,5 min, then the display symbol is on for 2,5 min, than the led again. so this is very slow blinking...

@Nigel sorry, this is not correct. I have v1.3 and in timelapse with 5 sec the led does not blink. the led is on for 2,5 min, then the display symbol is on for 2,5 min, than the led again. so this is very slow blinking...
At timelapse of 5 seconds per frame, in 1 minute (60 seconds) you get 60/5 =12 frames. To get 30 frames (1 second of video) at 12 frames per minute will take 30 / 12 = 2.5 minutes. You said that your LED is on for "2.5 min".

Yes, it is very slow blinking, but 5 seconds per frame is very slow video, or very fast when you speed it up to 30 fps :) 30 * 5 = 150 x real time.

@Nigel timelapse with 5 sec is perfect for sky with clouds moving. when the led is only active every 2,5 min, this is not userfriendly. my sj4000 is blinking every 1 sec, even the shoot is only taken every 5 sec. please change.

Hi, I bought a Git 2 through Amazon and when used away from sun, picture quality was great and gyro stabilisation is brilliant. However when facing towards the sun there was a lot of lens flare as you can see in 30 sec clip. (I was seeing how close it would focus). The lens artifacts were a lot worse than other clips I had seen on Youtube so I returned camera to Amazon an got full refund next day, no quibbles, excellent. I had already cleaned the lens with my Canon DSLR lens cleaning kit so it was definitely clean externally.
I intend to get another Git 2 from China through Ebay and was wondering if there is an 'offical' Git 2 EBay seller. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I bought a Git 2 through Amazon and when used away from sun, picture quality was great and gyro stabilisation is brilliant. However when facing towards the sun there was a lot of lens flare as you can see in 30 sec clip. (I was seeing how close it would focus). The lens artifacts were a lot worse than other clips I had seen on Youtube so I returned camera to Amazon an got full refund next day, no quibbles, excellent. I had already cleaned the lens with my Canon DSLR lens cleaning kit so it was definitely clean externally.
I intend to get another Git 2 from China through Ebay and was wondering if there is an 'offical' Git 2 EBay seller. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Looks like your "Canon DSLR lens cleaning kit" left something on the lens! What kit was it?

I recommend a LensPen, they leave no residue on the lens.

But even with a perfectly clean lens, you will always get a better image when the sun is not on the lens. Most of the images/videos posted which include the sun will have been taken when it is low in the sky and thus not very bright or some other situation which doesn't cause too much flare.

Hi Nigel, It is an alcohol based clearer which works fine on my camera lenses. It was like that straight out of the box and cleaning made no difference. The winter sun was low in the sky but it was very bright. I expected to see some flare but that seemed excessive. I will be getting another Git 2 and I'll see if that is OK.

Another problem... When i change the battery the camera lost the date and i lost long time to set the current date...

Another problem... When i change the battery the camera lost the date and i lost long time to set the current date...
That should not happen. The camera has a small button cell on the main board specifically to keep settings between battery changes. I've left my battery out for a week and it still kept the time and date correct.

Back