Gitup Git2 shaking video problem

Gilbert Marpuri

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi,

I just recently bought my Git2 camera and got satisfied on my first few videos. Recently though, I had this problem when I record videos they are shaking tremendously. Did anyone experience something like this before already?

think that's a know issue with 720p and has been addressed in the next firmware which should be released soon

Reactions: Mtz
Hi my gyro is off on that setting. Do you mean it is a bug in 720p when recorded in 30FPS regardless if gyro is on or off?
Before we only found it is related with Gyro on, if you don't mind you can try the 1.4 beta to check.

@gitup
Added to link: photo information for 16:9 12Mp, iso=100, sharpness=hard, center weighted.
As noted, f-stop needs correction.

Also, re-tested oncoming car motion, no gyro, no panning, 720p30 improved, but some noted judder; tested 1080p60 some slight amount of judder.

@gitup

I found it 720p30fps for both gyro on and off in ver 1.3. Car motion with camera stationary showed significant judder /shakiness. Improved, lessened in 1.4B.

Gilbert Marpuri, or you can build a stabilization device and use the unit, works wonders.

If not, switch to 1080p, no reason to use 720p any more. Almost all hardware (like 90%), computers, tablets, phones etc can handle that resolution
and playback with hardware acceleration, do not use 720p. I think that should be removed, not needed any more, that was like 4-5 years ago.

Besides you can always downsize a 1080p video by reencoding it, and any display that does 720p can display a 1080p image anyway the
hardware will resize it for you in real time.

Yesterday, i had the same problem with 720p30, gyro on and v1.4, so the problem is still there.

I want to use 720p30 because cards last a lot more for what i need. And my hardware doesn't like youtube 1080p too much, it lags.

Yesterday, i had the same problem with 720p30, gyro on and v1.4, so the problem is still there.

I want to use 720p30 because cards last a lot more for what i need. And my hardware doesn't like youtube 1080p too much, it lags.
Just because YouTube didn't run good at 1080p on your hardware doesn't mean it's that way for everyone. You can always set YouTube down to 720 by clicking the gear and selecting 720p. That way people with different hardware can watch the full quality 1080p video if they want to.

Also SD cards are cheap now. I got some 64gb Samsung cards for $20 each, and they hold about 8 hours of 1080p video.

So i have to buy new cards because they are "cheap", and i have to work on 1080p because YOU can see it. Perfect then

Offcourse you dont have to go 1080 if you dont want to, but given that you are having problems with 720p on the camera right now then what options do you have ?
1. you can keep having the problems and wait for a firmware fix
2. or you can shoot in 1080P meanwhile, and if space become a issue buy a cheap 64Gb memory card ( just be sure not to buy too cheap and fake ) or just record less.

Your hardware or internet connection might be a problem, and i can relate to that beeing stuck for many years on a 4 mbit phone connection.
I can not relate to bad hardware, mine have allways been up to the challenges i have given it, and if not i have overclocked it, but thats less of a issue in this day and age.
I will even watch your recordings in 480P if its spectacular enuff, and so will many more, but truth be told both i and most other ppl would prefer to enjoy your recordings in 1080p.
Offcourse if you dont really upload for our pleasure then thats allright too, but if your stuff is not private someone will see it.
Kinda like beeing on facetwitt and whatever if you put yourself out there in public, then you do so in front of the whole internet world.

Yeah that was my point, like what kamkar said - most people put videos on YouTube so other people can watch them. If you just wanted to watch them yourself then there's no need to upload them - just keep them on your hard drive. Though I guess YouTube could be a form of cloud "backup" storage...

And my comment about the SD cards was kind of like trying to get the right tool for the job, or at least something to make life simpler/easier. For example, you could probably unscrew a Phillips screw (+ shaped head) with a small flat screwdriver, but it wouldn't be easy, and might damage the screw, or you could just use a Phillips screwdriver and make it a simple job. Just like you could record hours and hours of video on several cards, and you might lose one of those many cards, or you can record all those hours on one card and never have to remove it during a recording session, reducing the chances of losing it. For me it's a matter of cost versus convenience.

Last edited:
Offcourse you dont have to go 1080 if you dont want to, but given that you are having problems with 720p on the camera right now then what options do you have ?
1. you can keep having the problems and wait for a firmware fix
2. or you can shoot in 1080P meanwhile, and if space become a issue buy a cheap 64Gb memory card ( just be sure not to buy too cheap and fake ) or just record less.

Crystal clear. There are no other options.

Back