GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Like being said, it's clearly an off-topic debate, but gyro is not exactly "a form of image stabilization" but a technical device which measures differentiated angural velocity. It does not create any sort of image stabilization by itself. As you already know it perfectly well, the data provided by the gyro sensor can be used as aid to stabilise still images (usually by moving the optics or the image sensor) or digitally in relation from one video frame to another. Here, in this context, it has applicability only in the latter meaning.

As pointed out earlier, this is a merely a semantic argument that doesn't really address the original point I tried to make.

Time to move on.

As pointed out earlier, this is a merely a semantic argument that doesn't really address the original point I tried to make.

Time to move on.

Agreed, you managed to create perfect off-topic discussion spinning around semantic ambiguity.

I have recorded some videos in a rather dark environment. As a test I tried the same shot with different ISO values. I saw the difference in the display while recording. But when I played the videos on the PC with the VLC player, there was no difference between the single shots. What did I do wrong?

Gitup did post a timescale, but that was posted over a month ago on another forum so I won't quote it, these things do tend to change and depend on people like Novatek releasing components/SDK features. It suggested sometime before autumn.
How about a tentative release date to correspond with the hypothetical Hero 5 release date?

hehe yeah making a new camera is no mean feat, but i wish the gitup ppl good luck and hope they can keep their products really good.

And if they need some one to beat on their products don't be a stranger, tho i am not that active personally i still have ways to combine cameras and action :)

As a matter of fact i think i might be days from seeing a Sj4000 camera do +130 km/h across a lake, no doubt the footage will be a shaky affair to watch, but at least then we can say been there done that ( again )

Same boat as this one.
I'd !Ike to see Gitup one-up Gopro!

Yeah its not fair, they fully know i cant even afford to buy a git2, and now they dangle a 3 in front of me :(

Still just for the hell of it i look forward to see what they come up with.
Are you dash cam poor,K?

I was looking at the Yi 2, but it hasn't external mic support and i need it.

Can somebody throw an estimated release date for the Git3? more or less.
The Gopro Hero 4's have great features: ' too bad they have the wifi RFI noise , overheat, freezing issues and exorbitant pricing!

Just wondering what Micro SD cards you can use in a Git2, I recently purchased a Samsung 64 G GB Evo micro SD SDXC Class 10 48MB/s UHS-I Galaxy S5 S4 memory card, but the camera does not recognise it!

Did get it from E-bay for A$23!!

The ScanDisk 16GB class 10 works fine.
Reformatted to fat 32?

Are you dash cam poor,K?

Danish welfare system and all i can see myself living in my Suzuki splash before the year is over, but my car is covered in dashcams and will be even more so soon, so i might have to downgrade from 3 X cameras in my car to just one to make room.

But for a long long time i have been eager to get a action camera that would allow me to capture 100 - 120 FPS in 1080p, so typical my timing they are out when my life and "income" hit rock bottom :(

Even when i have made the most money in my life, those really good almost to good to be true offers always came that 1 month out of years where i off course was "broke", or at least dident have the money to pull the trigger.

Danish welfare system and all i can see myself living in my Suzuki splash before the year is over, but my car is covered in dashcams and will be even more so soon, so i might have to downgrade from 3 X cameras in my car to just one to make room.

But for a long long time i have been eager to get a action camera that would allow me to capture 100 - 120 FPS in 1080p, so typical my timing they are out when my life and "income" hit rock bottom :(

Even when i have made the most money in my life, those really good almost to good to be true offers always came that 1 month out of years where i off course was "broke", or at least dident have the money to pull the trigger.
I would like to see a Git 3 that duplicated the utility of the Hero 4 without the freezing, overheating, and WiFi RFI noise in the audio! Gitup and Yi tech. properly shield the mic. circuit from the " helicopter noise". I still see many complaints about the noise from Gopro owners on some utube sites as recent as a few months ago! And what a great live view remote Sony has! Why can't we have it all I'm one pkg?
P.S. MicBergsmatv shows in his Gopro tips on utube that 1080 p/ 120 makes him look like a " robot" in his flips on the trampoline.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gyro is only used for video, it stabilises the video image over time. A photo is only a single point in time so using a gyro makes no sense.

It should be in focus from about 0.8 meters to infinity for the standard lens, I think the 4.35 lens is probably around 1 meter to infinity.

Take a 16MP photo in full sunlight using a tripod or some other solid rest to check the focus, post it up here if you are not sure. There is no point checking focus at night or under indoor lighting, image quality in low light is not great and can be reduced by motion blur and camera shake making it impossible to analyse.
Since reading these image stabilization exchanges including the last ones, I have been researching some popular digital imaging sites on the' net., and there seems to be absolutely no use for I.S. in photo except for long focal length lenses in SLR and DSLR cameras!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since reading these image stabilization exchanges including the last ones, I have been researching some popular digital imaging sites on the ' net. and there seems to be absolutely no use for I.S. in photo except except for long focal lengthi lenses in and SLR cameras!!
It can also be useful for handheld photos at dusk with a normal lens when shutter speeds are too slow to get a photo without camera shake.

For instance, you can say that raw files from canon, nikon, aren't real raw files without any technical backup to prove that. Come on man, just because the raw files on the Git2 have a red color cast you can answer that kind of "things" to justify it??.
:cool:
Maybe you would enjoy reading this : http://www.wildlifeinpixels.net/blog/raw-file-compression/

Back