GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Thank you Nigel,
so it's 1,5mm, exactly 1,588mm = 1/16" unfortunately at moment I have only the 2mm
http://bricologie.free.fr/dimensions.htm

I hope next time, it will be with this new lens :)
Well it is actually 1.421mm across the flats, to fit in a 1.5mm hex screw, a standard and fairly common size I believe.

Don't know about the inches, we are not in the USA! In your table it appears to be the 1/64.

The 2mm does not fit.

You may find a flat mini screwdriver will do the job, the screws are not high torque.

Im adjusting the settings on my git2...a couple of questions.

How do i adjust bitrate?
I have a samsung evo micro sd card...do i just pop it in and start filming?

Yes, just that way. But you can adjust it in the menu (in video mode, press the little button on the side). I always set the bitrate to 'high' to achieve the best quality. With a 64 GB card and high bitrate I can record about 3.5 hours, which is totally ok for me. All the rest can be done lateron when it comes to editing a video.

Hi. I just tested my Git2 while on a hike yesterday and the footage did not come out very good.
Compared to footage ive seen in other youtube videos, mine seems very shaky and fuzzy. Not sure whats wrong.

I did not have any kind of mount. I simply held the Git 2 at waist level in its case with the attachment that it comes shipped with. You can notice how shaky it is with every step I take. Im going to test it out again later today and hold it in different positions, see if there is a a difference. I dont think the Git2 should be this shaky and fuzzy, worried that I might have a defective unit.

I posted this in a thread I had made earlier, these were the settings.

60hz
AWB
EV:+0.0
ISO Auto
ViVid
Contrast: Normal
Gyro: On
WDR: On
Sharpness: Normal
Bitrate: High
G Sensor: Off

Last edited:
Hi. I just tested my Git2 while on a hike yesterday and the footage did not come out very good.
Compared to footage ive seen in other youtube videos, mine seems very shaky and fuzzy. Not sure whats wrong.

I did not have any kind of mount. I simply held the Git 2 at waist level in its case with the attachment that it comes shipped with. You can notice how shaky it is with every step I take. Im going to test it out again later today and hold it in different positions, see if there is a a difference. I dont think the Git2 should be this shaky and fuzzy, worried that I might have a defective unit.

I posted this in a thread I had made earlier, these were the settings.

60hz
AWB
EV:+0.0
ISO Auto
ViVid
Contrast: Normal
Gyro: On
WDR: On
Sharpness: Normal
Bitrate: High
G Sensor: Off
What resolution and frame rate were you using? What firmware is installed on the camera? Does it work better if you hold the camera more level as opposed to nearly a 45 degree angle like this video? When I used mine walking around the bunny slope with my kids, it was so smooth it almost looked like it was on a gimbal, but I was holding it in my hand.

What resolution and frame rate were you using? What firmware is installed on the camera? Does it work better if you hold the camera more level as opposed to nearly a 45 degree angle like this video? When I used mine walking around the bunny slope with my kids, it was so smooth it almost looked like it was on a gimbal, but I was holding it in my hand.
I was filming 1080p/60fps.

I wanted to try and test more footage but it was storming today and wont be back in town to test footage until next weekend....need to figure out whats going on. I need a cam to take on vacation in a couple of months

I was filming 1080p/60fps.

I wanted to try and test more footage but it was storming today and wont be back in town to test footage until next weekend....need to figure out whats going on. I need a cam to take on vacation in a couple of months
You do have to hold it steady.

If you move it up and down by 1 meter then it's viewpoint changes, it is obviously impossible for it to keep the same viewpoint, if you move it up and down by 1mm then it can correct the movement. There is a limit on the movement it can cope with and in your video above you are exceeding that limit.

Mount it on a selfie stick with a bit of weight and it becomes quite easy to keep it steady enough most of the time. The one you linked to will help a lot but you may need a bit more weight than that to be "acceptable".

Mounting it on a gimbal will remove all the rotational shakiness and will provide a "floaty" viewing which I find rather unnatural and not particularly pleasant, but even a gimbal cant correct vertical or horizontal movements. A bit of movement is natural, makes it look like you are walking, you should not be aiming for complete smoothness.

You do have to hold it steady.

If you move it up and down by 1 meter then it's viewpoint changes, it is obviously impossible for it to keep the same viewpoint, if you move it up and down by 1mm then it can correct the movement. There is a limit on the movement it can cope with and in your video above you are exceeding that limit.

Mount it on a selfie stick with a bit of weight and it becomes quite easy to keep it steady enough most of the time. The one you linked to will help a lot but you may need a bit more weight than that to be "acceptable".

Mounting it on a gimbal will remove all the rotational shakiness and will provide a "floaty" viewing which I find rather unnatural and not particularly pleasant, but even a gimbal cant correct vertical or horizontal movements. A bit of movement is natural, makes it look like you are walking, you should not be aiming for complete smoothness.
Thank you..i think that was a big problem...me not having it mounted on anything. Will try this weekend with a backpack strap mount when i go hiking again

So I've been working on trying to get an arduino to control the Git2. As of right now, the arduino is sending a PWM output varying in widths of 1 ms, 1.5 ms. and 2 ms in a 20 ms cycle (50 Hz) in order to change the mode of the camera. I then route that output into the micro-HDMI port of the camera.

Unfortunately, the signal is not causing the camera to change modes. I sent the outputs to pins 2 and 4 of the female HDMI port on the camera by connecting the output of the arduino to pins 2 and 4 of the male HDMI. When this didn't work, I subsequently tried to connect the output to pins 16 and 18 of the male; this didn't work either.

Any advice as to what is potentially going wrong in my setup?

So I've been working on trying to get an arduino to control the Git2. As of right now, the arduino is sending a PWM output varying in widths of 1 ms, 1.5 ms. and 2 ms in a 20 ms cycle (50 Hz) in order to change the mode of the camera. I then route that output into the micro-HDMI port of the camera.

Unfortunately, the signal is not causing the camera to change modes. I sent the outputs to pins 2 and 4 of the female HDMI port on the camera by connecting the output of the arduino to pins 2 and 4 of the male HDMI. When this didn't work, I subsequently tried to connect the output to pins 16 and 18 of the male; this didn't work either.

Any advice as to what is potentially going wrong in my setup?
Normally the problem is that you have used the pin numbers from an HDMI connector or Mini HDMI connector, The Git2 uses a micro HDMI connector and for some unexplained reason the pin numbers are different on that...

Hmm so I got a problem with the app. I can't access any media on the sd card in the gitup trough the official app? Anyone knows why?
Cause at first I could access it and downlaod it to my phone, but now it just says that there is no file? But the file is on the sd card when I pput it on my computer.
And when I try to acces the media with the app, the gitup is stuck. I can't do anything with the cam then and need to take out the battery so I cn film again.
Just to clarify, filming is not a problem with the app. only the access to the media. I was really using that option to get the media to my phone and share it with others.
Anyone knows a solution?

Mine with Bugs 3 drone...

Hope I can add gimball in the future, and try the 90º version of git2 too...
But for now, the gyro remains a strong point in favour off this camera

Hi Guys! I just received my Git2 Sony sensor version. The camera looks promising with it's video qualities. Impressive!

However the camera has failed to connect to my android phone over Wi-fi. I have tried the following things but the problem remains the same-
1. Updated the firmware to ver1.7.2 and then ver 1.7.4 but no results. the camera came with firmware version 1.6.1
2. rebooted both the camera and my phone couple of times to try reconnecting
3. Tried to connect the camera with other android phones at home but the same problem

The connection password i use is 1234567890 but the connection always ends with 'Authentication Problem'.

Any Ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

-Shiva

Hi Guys! I just received my Git2 Sony sensor version. The camera looks promising with it's video qualities. Impressive!

However the camera has failed to connect to my android phone over Wi-fi. I have tried the following things but the problem remains the same-
1. Updated the firmware to ver1.7.2 and then ver 1.7.4 but no results. the camera came with firmware version 1.6.1
2. rebooted both the camera and my phone couple of times to try reconnecting
3. Tried to connect the camera with other android phones at home but the same problem

The connection password i use is 1234567890 but the connection always ends with 'Authentication Problem'.

Any Ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

-Shiva
I think the Git2 password may end at '8'...

I think the Git2 password may end at '8'...
Much appreciated Nigel! That worked perfectly :)

I think @gitup needs to take note of different passwords for the cameras and mention the same in the App. Also, would the experts suggest any settings to shoot videos at 1080p/60?

Last edited:
Also, would the experts suggest any settings to shoot videos at 1080p/60?
The defaults are good, if you don't mind big recordings you can increase the bitrate, and if you like clouds then turn the EV down a bit so they don't over expose.

I took my Git2 for a shortish ride this weekend. The camera was chin mounted to my helmet and the video results(1080p/60 with auto settings) were a mixed bag for me. Below are my impressions(or concerns:confused:)-
  1. The videos looked sharp but did appear soapy at some places or Is it just me?
  2. I am very concerned about the overblown exposure of the sun which is sort of blurring the whole video. Any suggestions how this can be solved?
  3. Does the lens look a bit out of focus?
I may be worrying too much and so it would help if experts could have a look and share their feedback. Here's a sample video-

Last edited:
Back