GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

drygdryg

Country
Germany
@ShivaRungta I can get only a 360p video from Youtube, so it is impossible to rate the sharpness or focus.
The sun exposure happens due to the limitation of the tiny little sensor, in the end it is not much more than a toy camera. You can try to set the EV down to make the sun look ok, but then the rest will soon drown in darkness. You don't really have any choice other than living with it.

Country
India
@ShivaRungta I can get only a 360p video from Youtube, so it is impossible to rate the sharpness or focus.
The sun exposure happens due to the limitation of the tiny little sensor, in the end it is not much more than a toy camera. You can try to set the EV down to make the sun look ok, but then the rest will soon drown in darkness. You don't really have any choice other than living with it.
Can you try opening it in a separate browser window? It runs at 1080p for me:(.

drygdryg

Country
Germany
I have tried three different browsers (using the youtube link directly), but all deliver only 360p. No idea where this comes from.

Country
United States
I just bought a Git2P 90 degree which I'm planning to compare to the Mobius M1 and Garmin dashcams.

One thing I'm wondering is how the sensor readout is turned into the image. Is the whole sensor read and demosaiced to your chosen resolution? Or does it demosaic the whole sensor to a 16 megapixel RGB image and then downsample that? Or does it skip pixels to create the chosen resolution?

Country
United States
I've been using my Git2P 90 for 3 weeks and it's worked very well, but a few days ago the left side of the image went out of focus. It seems like this issue is common, there are threads on the radio control and drone forums. I contacted GitUp and they said I can ship it back and they will repair it, but shipping to China is $60 or more.

That's a big issue with these Chinese companies. A warranty is worthless if the cost to get support is prohibitive.

Garmin cameras are not as advanced and image quality isn't nearly as good but support is simple. You ship to Kansas for a few bucks and they send you a replacement

OP
OP
gitup

gitup

Manufacturer
Country
China
Dash Cam
GIT1, GIT2
I've been using my Git2P 90 for 3 weeks and it's worked very well, but a few days ago the left side of the image went out of focus. It seems like this issue is common, there are threads on the radio control and drone forums. I contacted GitUp and they said I can ship it back and they will repair it, but shipping to China is $60 or more.

That's a big issue with these Chinese companies. A warranty is worthless if the cost to get support is prohibitive.

Garmin cameras are not as advanced and image quality isn't nearly as good but support is simple. You ship to Kansas for a few bucks and they send you a replacement
Have you solved the issue, if not please send PM to me, we will offer a simple solution to replace for you.

Ovi TM

Country
Romania
@gitup , you will continue firmware development for the old Gitup2 with Sony sensor? The video in low light is blurried (like the shutter speed is too big), the changes in shutter time and ISO, don't have any effects, the recording is the same in any settings in firmware V1.8-1229.

Nuuk

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
gitup said - Have you solved the issue, if not please send PM to me, we will offer a simple solution to replace for you.

I had the same problem with the clock battery issue. Is there a solution for me?

Modelero

Country
Italy
Does anyone have any info on the shutter speed setting in the GIT2 with the Sony sensor?
I tried to set the shutter speed to 1/120 (for 60fps video) and the results are still the same...(shutter too quick for my needs)

Nigel

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, 0906, A129, B1W
Does anyone have any info on the shutter speed setting in the GIT2 with the Sony sensor?
I tried to set the shutter speed to 1/120 (for 60fps video) and the results are still the same...(shutter too quick for my needs)
You need to set both shutter speed and ISO before manual exposure settings work for video.