GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Let's back 2 days ago, while you posted a SJ6 link like a normal user, I pointed you out you are worker at SJCam and then you confirmed.
And yesterday I rechecked the rules, it seems I didn't do any wrong, you can read the rules #5, #6.
Now thanks to this your marked as retailer now, you can be your self now, you don't want to hide in the corner, you can talk freely and give directly support to SJCam user.
Then it seems you can't stop talking, talked no great ideas from GitUp, complain VIOFO support for SJCam which was talked some month ago on this forum, I really don't want to talk this in public again.

While GoPro users use "Be a Hero" as slogan, we introduced "Be Yourself" to your boss, even now your company used this at retail store. I believe you are familiar this picture.
I wish SJcam and you can always be yourself.
View attachment 26255

And you try to avoid my question, I repeat it again, does XTCAM work at SJCam, what's relationship with SJCam, is it mean official?
Of course you can still keep silent on this question, as I know someone still need use this account, maybe someday XTACAM got some new leak messages, and post does Git3 really use 1200mAh battery?

Hi @gitup ,
Don't so sensitive to every pieces of my word.
Not only try to avoid your question about the XTCAM, but also try to avoid your every question for me. Because I know maybe we will have some big gap like now and you might be a little nervous when I talk anything about the Gitup. (I can understand this...)
But, I am going to reply your every questions when you are keep hunting.
1. First, I was trying to pretending I am a normal user but changed my mind after I decide I need use my real ID. And thanks for suggestion and warning from people here. I apologized. ( Do you need me apologize again and again?)
2. I also agree you didn't do anything wrong. But you called 911, because I am staying at your garden. Ok, I accepted it and I am also accept to go and never back here.(Annoying place to me now!) But I don't know why you can stay at SJCAM forum and said Gitup 2 has more function, better quality, bla, bla, bla then SJCAM. But why I can't stay here? Fair enough?
3.'Then it seems you can't stop talking, talked no great ideas from GitUp, complain VIOFO support for SJCam which was talked some month ago on this forum'
I replied this to Mr.Nigel @Nigel to his prejudice to SJCAM. I can see he is a good friend of Gitup and he is professional in sports cameras. I don't know if his personal opinion can stand for Gitup, but I just replied him not Mr. Gitup.
Even Hero 5 doesnt have any great ideas compare to Hero 4, so I don't know why you are so proud of your Gitup? As people talked, Gitup's battery, battery charger, same with SJCAM?
What the customer need is reliable quality, good service and good price when every camera brand are too far away from GoPro. So, be more practical.
For the service, if you don't want to talk in public, so you have my respect.
4. Regarding of this slogan, we appreciate it so much and we still remember the great times between us, Officia: SJCAMHD.COM and Distributor: SJCAM.COM.
Be honestly speaking, I don't know why we changed a new slogan to"empower your dreams" but not keep still use this one. Now, figure it out. Thanks!
5. XTCAM is absolutely not work in SJCAM now, but I was thinking he is one of our marketing guy here, maybe now he is also have a good relationship with Boss, with our company. But look his name, XTCAM, of course not SJCAM official.
But if you really want to know who him is? I will dig him out.

If you have more question to me, feel free to offer.
I will leave here until you stop following me tightly.
Thanks!

For me, I am only a normal worker who working in SJCAM. But when I see some prejudice , I want to share my personal opinion.
Maybe my personal opinion is wrong and maybe I know less about something, but if I am really wrong, I am sorry and will correct.
I can stop keep typing here, but please be FAIR!

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a big problem and hope can get help here.
I've wanted to recording a waterpolo match at an indoor swimming pool without camera-cover because i needed the voice too. I switched on the camera but few minutes later its stoped, and can't switch on anymore. I thought the more damp or humidity of the air maked it wrong, so I've tryed to dry it. Unfortunately, since that the camera works only if its warm, in normal temperature not.
I've taked it to an electrician service and diagnose the IC panel corroded. They cleaned it with a special ultravoice cleaner but its not helped. They said can not be repaired, need a new IC panel.
I think the humid air is a weakly thing of Git2, or may be only at mine.

So, I looking for IC modul, or a damaged Git2 (I mean broked cover or screen or lens) to buy. If anybody has and would sell.

Thanks

Hello,
I have a big problem and hope can get help here.
I've wanted to recording a waterpolo match at an indoor swimming pool without camera-cover because i needed the voice too. I switched on the camera but few minutes later its stoped, and can't switch on anymore. I thought the more damp or humidity of the air maked it wrong, so I've tryed to dry it. Unfortunately, since that the camera works only if its warm, in normal temperature not.
I've taked it to an electrician service and diagnose the IC panel corroded. They cleaned it with a special ultravoice cleaner but its not helped. They said can not be repaired, need a new IC panel.
I think the humid air is a weakly thing of Git2, or may be only at mine.

So, I looking for IC modul, or a damaged Git2 (I mean broked cover or screen or lens) to buy. If anybody has and would sell.

Thanks

DashCamTalk has a dedicated Buy/Sell Forum where you can post a request for what you are looking for. Maybe you'll have some luck finding what you need there?

:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:eek:
What a great joke!!!!
I saw/heard a you tube video that was ostensibly a comparison between a sjcam 5000x series(maybe the elite) and Git 2 ,and the singer and band was much clearer/sharper/fuller than the SJ!

@gitup you can find a chinese guy to enter this forum and start a thread called New 1000mAh SJCam batteries are just 500 mAh? And post some pictures which a tool which is measuring an empty SJCam battery. << this was a joke.
;)

Again new models with false specifications? Tell me which have the fake 4K because I want to add that model in this list of shame. From all SJCam models only SJ5000 have correct specifications and great support from me on RCGroups, all other models just lied the buyers with false specifications about the most important spec: image.
I don't understand why a well know brand as SJCam want to sell because of fake 4K, like other chinese obscure companies which are using fake 4K because are nobody on the market and they just want to sell today because tomorrow will be forgotten.

I see you are a Retailer. Which is your store, maybe you have good prices for SJCam because your good and direct relations with them?

Also I asked the same question when I saw this solution on GoPro, when to look at that info, just in standby? But at that time maybe they were afraid to put a rear LCD because being an action cam shocks could damage the display. Also was more aggressive to advertise a camera with just one picture from the front, camera in a waterproof case and that LCD with numbers on it.
They added back display after so many requests even was so clear that they need a back display starting with Hero 2.

enjoy,
Mtz
The sjcam sj6 Legend, pictured in Wang's avatar is interpolated 4k

@gitup you can find a chinese guy to enter this forum and start a thread called New 1000mAh SJCam batteries are just 500 mAh? And post some pictures which a tool which is measuring an empty SJCam battery. << this was a joke.
;)

Again new models with false specifications? Tell me which have the fake 4K because I want to add that model in this list of shame. From all SJCam models only SJ5000 have correct specifications and great support from me on RCGroups, all other models just lied the buyers with false specifications about the most important spec: image.
I don't understand why a well know brand as SJCam want to sell because of fake 4K, like other chinese obscure companies which are using fake 4K because are nobody on the market and they just want to sell today because tomorrow will be forgotten.

I see you are a Retailer. Which is your store, maybe you have good prices for SJCam because your good and direct relations with them?

Also I asked the same question when I saw this solution on GoPro, when to look at that info, just in standby? But at that time maybe they were afraid to put a rear LCD because being an action cam shocks could damage the display. Also was more aggressive to advertise a camera with just one picture from the front, camera in a waterproof case and that LCD with numbers on it.
They added back display after so many requests even was so clear that they need a back display starting with Hero 2.

enjoy,
Mtz
An opinion has it that they did not add lcd to Hero4 because of the overheating issue!

But you are forgeting 3 important things. Imported Gopro via official channels means many taxes and costs. 2 years warranty also increases price. Generally support costs. And finally, marketing and production costs.

With the Gitup (and Sjcam as well) we can see that support does not works well or not exists. I bought several Git2 cameras for friends that want to use on quads etc. But lets face it, if I record for business, I would never use chinese cameras like Gitup, Sjcam etc. Git2 crashed (software) too many times, many times record starts but nothing recorded etc. Not to mention ignorant Gitup here on forum that put ios/android logos on the box and apps dont even exists etc etc.
Gitup supportz the Git 2 like no one else, when the time/date battery quit working , Gitup sent me a new PCB!

Seems to be very little difference between wide and narrow. In contrast with others like GoPro and Yi, where narrow crops in nearly 50%.

Is this intended or a bug?

Seems to be very little difference between wide and narrow. In contrast with others like GoPro and Yi, where narrow crops in nearly 50%.

Is this intended or a bug?
I think it is intentional to keep the image quality good.

If you want a proper narrow view then get a Git2P with the narrow lens and no distortion.

Gyro+Narrow gives the bigger crop. But it is the crop of image. As I see, the new Git2P has the new better lens with no distortion and no flare tint. And is produces the no crop narrow angle by lens, not by the image cropping (means the better sharpness and details). I saw only few examples from Youtube, these are only my assumptions at this time...

@Mtz As SJ6 is also fake 4K, as we declare it is ‘Interpolation’ at anywhere we wrote 4K, like the package, the user manual, the official website.
So, this is not 'just lied the buyers with false specifications' . Hope your understanding about this :)
Also SJ5000X, M20, we all write it clearly that it is 'Interpolation'. :(
Seller ads on EbayUS for the SJ6 are very clear that you advertize the faux nature of the 4k resolution in saying interpolated, or showing the panasonic sensor and novatek chip, or using the reference "2880x2160" or all of the above ! Congratulations!
Sellers of "fake" 4k
cams give no info. and charge comparable prices while claiming "4k at 24,25, or 30 fps"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe someone else is interested in a free way to defish videos (and photos) from Git2.

This can easily be done with VirtualDub:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vir...n/1.10.4.35491/VirtualDub-1.10.4.zip/download

and the Barrel Distortion Filter Plugin:

http://emiliano.deepabyss.org/All_filters/All_filters_Bin.zip

To edit mp4-files you also need the FFInputDriver:

http://ftp.ie.vim.org/mirrors/downl...tplugin/V1838/VirtualdubFFMpegPlugin_1838.zip
  • First download the FFInputDriver and unzip the content into the VirtualDub folder.
  • Unzip the files from All_filters_Bin.zip into the plugins32 folder of VirtualDub.
  • Load (drag and drop) video or photos.
  • Click on Video..Filters...Add... and choose the Barrel Distortion filter from the list.
  • Uncheck Aspect-ratio box.
  • Insert values for ALPHA and BETA (ALPHA = -0.3, BETA = 0.072 seem to be good values for Git2).
  • Click OK... and also close the filter list with OK (Distortion should be corrected now, see pictures below).
defish.jpg

pic2.png

pic3.png

If you have questions or suggestions, let me know.

VERY interesting, thanks!

I can do this on my mac using photoshop CC (even to video!). Of course, there are no built-in correction profiles.. any ideas what settings I would use?

I suppose I could make my own profiles using a similar checker board grid? Would it be slightly different if I had Gyro activated/deactivated?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 15.27.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 15.27.10.png
    729 KB · Views: 13
where can I purchase filters for git 2 being used for FPV in bright light?

This is now available for $104.99 at geekbuying if anybody is interested.

where can I purchase filters for git 2 being used for FPV in bright light?
Find filters , and adapters CPL, ND, colored, and etc on eBay. The git2 lens O.D. diameter is close enough to Gopro 3+,4 to use them. I use a GoPro 58mm adapter, bought on eBay for the filters that fit my Canon SLR

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know, how many photos per second the camera can handle? Thanks in advance!

Back