GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Does anybody know, how many photos per second the camera can handle? Thanks in advance!
Photo mode has burst option for 3 or 10 photos per one button press. Camera makes 10 photos for 4-5 seconds (doesn't matter jpg or raw). Also timelapse function provides set of intervals from 0.5 sec up to 30 min.

Last edited:
Photo mode has burst option for 3 or 10 photos per one button press. Camera makes 10 photos for 4-5 seconds (doesn't matter jpg or raw). Also timelapse function provides set of intervals from 0.5 sec up to 30 min.
I don't think that bust mode will write any raw images even if raw is enabled.

Raw images can take 3 seconds to write an image to memory card, depends a bit on the speed of the card, before starting the next image.

The 0.5 sec timelapse interval is 0.5 seconds between finishing one image and starting the next, you won't get much more than 1 frame per second from it even with raw turned off.

I don't think that bust mode will write any raw images even if raw is enabled.
I've checked it. You are right. Burst mode produces only jpg images.
Timelapse option makes raw+jpg and it's speed=interval+timetowrite. So it depends on card speed too.

Just ordered a GIT2 from bang good. Anything I should know before I get it? Will it have the latest firmware installed already?

I noticed the Git2 colour is on the darker side...is there a way to fix this? Does the cam have preset color options? If so, what setting would be the best all around?

Im an amateur user and looking to take on vacation and record.

Just ordered a GIT2 from bang good. Anything I should know before I get it? Will it have the latest firmware installed already? I noticed the Git2 colour is on the darker side...is there a way to fix this? Does the cam have preset color options? If so, what setting would be the best all around? Im an amateur user and looking to take on vacation and record.
As I know, Git2 comes with latest firmware 1.6.1 (Git2P with v1.0). Camera has various setting but for the first time it is better to set them to Auto or Normal with High bitrate.
Soon you will feel advantages of such interesting options as Low contrast for post-production, timelapse, RAW photo, custom shutter speed.
Feel free to share here your experience with Git2 camera.

Last edited:
If you're a bit lazy like me, and can't be bothered to do much post processing, then try setting color to vivid. This will make colors a bit more saturated. I find the colorful setting too much. Really boils down to personal preference and how it fits your workflow.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

@gitup, Could it possible to make mobile application that is able to transfer sound from smartphone mic via WiFi connection directly to GitUp camera?
That will provide wireless audio recording without any hardware upgrade of camera.
Voice to Smartphone Mic -> Wi-Fi -> Camera (even it is in waterproof box).
1. User will be able to record voice using smartphone to camera without wires.
2. User will be able to start music in smartphone and it will be recorded directly to the Git2 videos (instead of environment sounds).

Last edited:
Hi all,
I lost my git2 (1st model 170º view) and I'm searching for a suitable replacement.
Is the 170º version of the git2p comptible with the cases of the git2?
Thank you

Hi all,
I lost my git2 (1st model 170º view) and I'm searching for a suitable replacement.
Thank you

from what I understand only the 90° version uses a different case, the Panasonic version should share the same case as yours

Git2P 90 isn't compatible with the original GitUp waterproof case. A new case for 90's is about 1 month away.

OCD Tronic has the Git2P 90 and 170 in stock ready to ship.

100% compatible
lYuj87w.jpg

@gitup, Could it possible to make mobile application that is able to transfer sound from smartphone mic via WiFi connection directly to GitUp camera?
That will provide wireless audio recording without any hardware upgrade of camera.
Voice to Smartphone Mic -> Wi-Fi -> Camera (even it is in waterproof box).
1. User will be able to record voice using smartphone to camera without wires.
2. User will be able to start music in smartphone and it will be recorded directly to the Git2 videos (instead of environment sounds).
I don't think this can be supported, also seems not a important feature.
If it can help us to sell more 100K pcs, we will try. :)

It will be much easier to add the sound using a video editor after recording, you can mix the music with the live sound then if you want.

I don't think this can be supported, also seems not a important feature.
If it can help us to sell more 100K pcs, we will try. :)

100k pieces eh? wow, that should shut up a lot of people hahaa ;)
does the git2 have bluetooth? if so, exposing bluetooth microphones makes more sense

100k pieces eh? wow, that should shut up a lot of people hahaa ;)
does the git2 have bluetooth? if so, exposing bluetooth microphones makes more sense
Git2 use RF instead of bluetooth.
Git3 support bluetooth, but not support bluetooth microphones.

Back