GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

@ShivaRungta I can get only a 360p video from Youtube, so it is impossible to rate the sharpness or focus.
The sun exposure happens due to the limitation of the tiny little sensor, in the end it is not much more than a toy camera. You can try to set the EV down to make the sun look ok, but then the rest will soon drown in darkness. You don't really have any choice other than living with it.

@ShivaRungta I can get only a 360p video from Youtube, so it is impossible to rate the sharpness or focus.
The sun exposure happens due to the limitation of the tiny little sensor, in the end it is not much more than a toy camera. You can try to set the EV down to make the sun look ok, but then the rest will soon drown in darkness. You don't really have any choice other than living with it.
Can you try opening it in a separate browser window? It runs at 1080p for me:(.

I have tried three different browsers (using the youtube link directly), but all deliver only 360p. No idea where this comes from.

I have tried three different browsers (using the youtube link directly), but all deliver only 360p. No idea where this comes from.
Okay. That's bad news for me. Can you also try letting it run for 2-3 minutes and see if you get the HD option after that?

I just bought a Git2P 90 degree which I'm planning to compare to the Mobius M1 and Garmin dashcams.

One thing I'm wondering is how the sensor readout is turned into the image. Is the whole sensor read and demosaiced to your chosen resolution? Or does it demosaic the whole sensor to a 16 megapixel RGB image and then downsample that? Or does it skip pixels to create the chosen resolution?

I've been using my Git2P 90 for 3 weeks and it's worked very well, but a few days ago the left side of the image went out of focus. It seems like this issue is common, there are threads on the radio control and drone forums. I contacted GitUp and they said I can ship it back and they will repair it, but shipping to China is $60 or more.

That's a big issue with these Chinese companies. A warranty is worthless if the cost to get support is prohibitive.

Garmin cameras are not as advanced and image quality isn't nearly as good but support is simple. You ship to Kansas for a few bucks and they send you a replacement

I've been using my Git2P 90 for 3 weeks and it's worked very well, but a few days ago the left side of the image went out of focus. It seems like this issue is common, there are threads on the radio control and drone forums. I contacted GitUp and they said I can ship it back and they will repair it, but shipping to China is $60 or more.

That's a big issue with these Chinese companies. A warranty is worthless if the cost to get support is prohibitive.

Garmin cameras are not as advanced and image quality isn't nearly as good but support is simple. You ship to Kansas for a few bucks and they send you a replacement
Have you solved the issue, if not please send PM to me, we will offer a simple solution to replace for you.

@gitup , you will continue firmware development for the old Gitup2 with Sony sensor? The video in low light is blurried (like the shutter speed is too big), the changes in shutter time and ISO, don't have any effects, the recording is the same in any settings in firmware V1.8-1229.

gitup said - Have you solved the issue, if not please send PM to me, we will offer a simple solution to replace for you.

I had the same problem with the clock battery issue. Is there a solution for me?

Does anyone have any info on the shutter speed setting in the GIT2 with the Sony sensor?
I tried to set the shutter speed to 1/120 (for 60fps video) and the results are still the same...(shutter too quick for my needs)

Does anyone have any info on the shutter speed setting in the GIT2 with the Sony sensor?
I tried to set the shutter speed to 1/120 (for 60fps video) and the results are still the same...(shutter too quick for my needs)
You need to set both shutter speed and ISO before manual exposure settings work for video.

Thanks, do both represent a fixed value or the ISO setting is a maximum?

If you are going to copy mine then you might like to know that the PIR sensor I used was a Panasonic EKMC1603111. 102 degree FOV and 12 meter detection range, probably a bit excessive but if you want to detect small animals it seems to work well and if you want to reduce the FOV you can put a short tube in front for it to look through.

Also you don't really need that button or LED, but it is nice to see when the PIR is working and you might want to use the button to switch between photo and video mode.

Have fun Dennis, if you get stuck then ask, and post some photos/video when you succeed :)

Parts List:
I know this is an old post, but I see that the OP is still an active member... I am interested in this setup, I would love to use motion detection with the photo function, but since I am a noob when it comes to stuff like that, I cannot really imagine what this PIR setup looks like, and the reference photos are gone. I am currently using an Allwinner V3 camera that uses photo burst when motion is disvocered. I would love that function in a better camera.

Would it be possible to use the Git2P with a Gopro Karma controller?

Back