GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I am in the same boat :mad:
Gearbest told me that they would have themin stock in 7 or 15 days...I am trying to get a real refund as I don't have anything else to buy on their website atm.
I really need this under the Xmas tree, Gitup may you help me too?

7-15 days? Currently my GIT 2 order is sitting in processing and was hoping it would send within a day or 2. In truth i dislike the fact that Gearbest would sell such high numbers without being clear about stock level issues. Even now on their website it says it'll be sent after the 4th, and accepting new orders of the camera. 15 days would be long after the 4th and by accepting more and more orders it only entraps people hoping for a Christmas delivery, and leaving them disappointed.

Of course this is nothing to do with the quality of the actual camera, but I'd actually cancel entirely if i wasn't going to review the GIt 2, so i am stuck.

this late in the game it's a huge gamble to buy anything from china and expect it to be here for christmas, unless you pay through the nose for express air shipping. i ordered a quadcopter and accessories from banggood's china warehouse on black saturday, and i'm not sure it'll arrive in time for christmas myself. but since i bought it for myself, not for someone else, i'm ok if it arrives after christmas.

Just an FYI that I'm in China myself and I've been waiting 3 days (ordered on weekend) for shipping too. So hold on!

I had ordered from Banggood but cancelled that and ordered from Gearbest on black Friday because of the great price drop. I'll be surprised if I get it for Christmas now, but its for me doesn't matter much. All I ask is come on Gitup get the stock to Gearbest ASAP!! ;-)

Ordered mine from Banggood
yesterday, dispatched today, and got 10 quid off via the app :)

i can't stand their app. it's a gimped version of their mobile site (i always shop by opening products in new tabs so i can compare them easily), which itself isn't very useful. i can and do use the full site for pretty much everything, even on my phone. privacy guard wasn't throwing any flags on their app about trying to use/collect my info, so i'm not sure what they gain by having an app.

this late in the game it's a huge gamble to buy anything from china and expect it to be here for christmas, unless you pay through the nose for express air shipping. i ordered a quadcopter and accessories from banggood's china warehouse on black saturday, and i'm not sure it'll arrive in time for christmas myself. but since i bought it for myself, not for someone else, i'm ok if it arrives after christmas.

I paid through the nose for delivery, i suppose that's why it's more frustrating really. Going by the estimates it should be a week maximum to get here. If i had just gone for free slow delivery and didn't need the camera soon then i'd be quite relaxed. Some sites didn't list the git 2 until they had stock, and gave proper warnings.. as where gearbest just took more and more orders that can't easily be fulfilled within a fair amount of time.

I'd of ordered there instead if they really dispatched that quickly! :eek:

Complete and successful disassemble of the Git2, lens thread diameter measurement also included if it's of any help for some of you. Reassemble and demo test if it's still working is in uploading progress.

You are the authentic "jack the ripper" [emoji23]
Thanks for your videos!

ordered from gearbest and till now there is no news of shipment delivery.

Very worried!

Gearbest replied to my ticket informing that the order is not ready for shipment. There are 3 items which are short of stock and they gave options either wait for stock to come in, choose alternative items or cancel the entire order.

I ordered the pro package.

I ordered direct from Gitup and they just shipped (local China) yesterday in the afternoon. (Ordered on Saturday)

Is the Git2 compatible with filter mounts (52mm etc) of any sort made for the GoPro? With or without the waterproof case. Would actually love to experiment with a filter or two if it would work.

Is the Git2 compatible with filter mounts (52mm etc) of any sort made for the GoPro? With or without the waterproof case. Would actually love to experiment with a filter or two if it would work.
I have tested some 37mm CPL, it is a little bigger, also seems a little bigger on GoPro.
Attache pic is from RCGroup member @serp.
filter.jpg

I use 52mm filters with a GoPro 52mm filter adaptor. I have 1 filter where even at 52mm it cuts the corners off the Git2 4:3 photos so I suggest not going smaller than 52mm. Same filter is fine for 16:9 video and photos and also for Git1 4:3 photos. You may need a small piece of electrical tape on the inside of the filter holder, or sandpaper to make it a tight fit, but I have the filter holder almost permanently on the camera, sometimes with just a 52mm lens cap and it works very nicely. 52mm puts the bottom of the filter perfectly flat with the bottom of the camera so the camera sits stable even with a heavy filter:

GitUp%20Git1%20Close%20up%20filter%202.jpg

I ordered back in November and sent out a request for shipping time and got the following -
Thank you for your message and your recent order on Gearbest.com.

Here is how to check your order status:

- Please log into your account and check the order details under "My Orders".

- If your order is"processing", please check the dispatch time on the related product webpage.

- For example: "Ships within 5-10 business days" means we will ship within this timeframe once payment is received.

- We will send a shipping confirmation email as soon as your order is dispatched.

If your problem isn't solved, you can reply this ticket to get further assistance. We are always happy to help you.Thanks for you patience and understanding.

I got the same canned reply from Gear Best. I wrote to them again and this is their latest reply
---------------------------
Thank you for contacing Gearbest.

We are very sorry for the delay due to stockout(GitUp Git2 2K WiFi Action Camera)

We can offer the following solutions to resolve this problem

1)Would you mind waiting 3-8 days? Once it is in stock, we will ship it as soon as possible and email you

2)Or browse our website ,choose a replacement and give us the product link.If there is any price difference, we will either refund it to you on your GB wallet or ask you to cover it (if you choose an item more expensive).

3)Or cancel the order and get a refund

A. Accept a refund on your GB wallet We can refund you the amount on your GB wallet and exceptionally reward you with extra points.

B. Refund on your original account.it need 7-14 days to be completed.

Could you please tell us your decision?

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope I can get it by Christmas ...

Back