GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Btw, gitup mounts work fine with gopro, sj sticky mounts ive had alot of problems with. Though the gitup (and cheap mount grab bags) are loose in some mounts like my chest harness.

Speaking of, got my git2 on Monday. Loving the remote. Waiting for videos to load to YouTube to see how image stabilization does.

Like the skeleton case alot better than the gopro style one I have. I dont have to take it off the tripod to pull the camera or access half the ports.

1080 60fps does drop run time a bit but not too bad. Having the extra pack takes care of that issue.

No qc issues so far with mine at all.

Your cam play sound?
After recording some videos, I observe that the camera does not play sound, only play video. Via hdmi in Tv neither play sound. Only when I transfer the video to PC I hear the sound.

Other problem is the connection to PC, I choose mass storage and pc lost connection continuosly but the cam continue charging the battery (intermittent disconnections as mass storage but charge battery without problem). I tested in 2 pc with the same cable ( I dont have other cable)

Firm 1.2

Last edited:
Have a Git-tastic X-mass with the new firmware with long exposure

2015_0104_165409_004.JPG

Waiting for the snow...
2015_0105_105409_009.JPG

Which filter size could be used for the Git2 lens? I want to buy some UV filter to protect lens. Something like this

Last edited:
Hi guys, first of all, merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hopefully you guys can help me with this. Well, I do a lot of bodyboard, and I'm hopping to film some POV shots with some shoulder mount. My main concerns is:

1- What Shoulder mount should I use?
2- If it gets lose from the shoulder mount, how can I keep the camera flooting?
3- How good is the water case, because It's gonna get hit with a few waves?

Thanks for your time :)

Hi guys, first of all, merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hopefully you guys can help me with this. Well, I do a lot of bodyboard, and I'm hopping to film some POV shots with some shoulder mount. My main concerns is:

1- What Shoulder mount should I use?
2- If it gets lose from the shoulder mount, how can I keep the camera flooting?
3- How good is the water case, because It's gonna get hit with a few waves?

Thanks for your time :)
For the shoulder mount, you can have a look this neo brand version.
The heating with the case should be no problem, also you can think about the Hero4 case, if you have more confidence with the GoPro case.

Your cam play sound?
After recording some videos, I observe that the camera does not play sound, only play video. Via hdmi in Tv neither play sound. Only when I transfer the video to PC I hear the sound.

Other problem is the connection to PC, I choose mass storage and pc lost connection continuosly but the cam continue charging the battery (intermittent disconnections as mass storage but charge battery without problem). I tested in 2 pc with the same cable ( I dont have other cable)

Firm 1.2
It can only support play video in the camera, no speaker.
Regarding the HDMI output, the sound maybe related the 44.1KHz audio, we will check it later.
I encounter the USB lost connection while I do lots of testing, maybe 3 to 5 times, normally it is solved by re-connecting the USB cable.
Also if you can find another USB cable, better to try.

For the shoulder mount, you can have a look this neo brand version.
The heating with the case should be no problem, also you can think about the Hero4 case, if you have more confidence with the GoPro case.

Thank you for the quick response and the new firmware. Can't wait to test the long exposure photos and post it here. The question is not if I fell safer in the GoPro case, but how good yours is. Like a resistance test would be great, but I think that your open case mechanism is better.

Gitup cases work quite well for waterproofing. Design is same as gopro basically except the latch is far better imo. Much more resistant to accidently opening due to impact. The 2 gopro style cases I have could pop open if something hits the latch the right way. Not possible with gitup case.

Also I dont have audio via HDMI cable. I expected to have audio on TV speakers also when normal recording and camera is connected via HDMI to TV.

enjoy,
Mtz

Really good videos, thanks! My gitup git2 is on transit. Hope I will receive it soon :-)

Some extra video footage:

HI - resolution mode - 2160p / pseudo 4K

Full - real 4k video timelapse, made from multiple pictures taken at 8Mpix (3840X2160). Remarkable how the camera coped with the sun straight into the objective !

2K@30fps with full daylight

cover the lens so it's all black then give us a screen shot so we can see the bright pixels clearly

Thanks for your reply - sorry for the delay getting back to you! You can clearly see an annoying bright pixel pretty much right in the middle of the screen. There is also one which is a bit less bothersome which is at the bottom of the screen on the right side of the middle, around 3/4 of the way across the video...
http://www.urbanski.org.uk/test2.MP4

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Really? Take a look at this video - it is bouncing all over the screen as I turned on the gyro function:

www.urbanski.org.uk/test3.MP4

caught a bit of it there, probably can't see it due to encoding on that website

a full frame screenshot (still picture) is easier to see

Back