GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

that's the incentive for the manufacturer to buy their paid version instead ;)
That's what I thought too but I can't find how to pay for the app even if I wanted to.

Edit: just realized you said for the MANUFACTURER to buy it... Not the user. (Facepalm.gif)

Last edited:
A small piece of electrical tape at the top on the inside will solve that, then you put it on with the tape over the flat area at the top of the Git2 lens holder and then twist to lock it in place, it will be a good firm fit until you twist it back so you can remove it.

Nigel, what size filters or mount should I be looking at buying for Git2? 52mm or 58mm?

Thanks!

Nigel, what size filters or mount should I be looking at buying for Git2? 52mm or 58mm?

Thanks!
I use 52mm.

It is possible that with some 52mm filters, the corners of the 4:3 photos will be cut but I think most filters are fine unless you have a stack of them and 16:9 photos and video will be fine anyway.

If you go to 58 then the camera will not sit flat as the bottom of the filter will be below the bottom of the camera, with 52mm they line up perfectly.

Some people have used smaller filters, but I assume only with 16:9 video and photos, I think anything smaller will cut the corners off the 4:3.

I read that Git2 is not possible configure in rotation mode. Is this true???
[emoji15]

[emoji15]
you are correct. the current firmware doesn't have an image rotation option in settings like the git1 did. however, I think I saw @gitup say that they're releasing a new firmware soon (in a week or so) that may add some new features. maybe this is one of them. i know i could use that feature... i used it a lot on my git1!

[emoji15]
It is true, and apparently the sensor used by the Git2 does not support rotation so it will not be added.

You can turn the camera upside down and the GitUp dashcam frame works well with the camera either way up so it is not a big problem for car use.

It is true, and apparently the sensor used by the Git2 does not support rotation so it will not be added.

You can turn the camera upside down and the GitUp dashcam frame works well with the camera either way up so it is not a big problem for car use.
I think is a big disadvantage. I will use the cam in more situation and need rotation.
I'll have to edit with vegas

Hey, just wondering has anyone done a resistance test? I mean, how much can the water proof case take? I'm into bodyboard and I would hate to see after I wipe out the case would be open or entering water.

Yes, the frame mount is very good because can accept the camera rotated. The IMX206 is not supporting image rotation. :-(

enjoy,
Mtz

That frame is not just for dashcam. I just used it with a clip mount on the brim of my hat.

When I first saw that clip in pictures on here, I thought it looked flimsy. but now that I have one in my hands, it fits so tight, it's actually a little difficult to put the camera into the mount! There's no chance it'll fall out during vigorous activity. I will not be worried with the camera attached to the outside of my helmet using this new open mount. I kinda wish the mount had the standard action camera tabs instead of a tripod screw hole, but it works well and doesn't look very fragile.

Hi all, first post here and a bit of a newbie to action cams so please be nice :) I bought a Git2 from GearBest following seemingly positive feedback and it arrived today. I've done a test (albeit in admittedly low-light conditions) and there are some strange white dots/flecks on the recorded image, which are frustrating to say the least! Can someone please tell me if this is likely to be a faulty camera or is there something that I can do? (I've cleaned the outside of the lens thoroughly, so it's not that).

See attached video - you can see a white/purplish speck almost dead centre of the image. There are two more that are clearly obvious, one to the left and below the centre dot and one right and below the centre dot, along with several more slightly less obvious ones. If you turn on the gyro stabilisation, these dance around the screen making the footage entirely unviewable.

This was recorded using the default settings (1080p60) and on the latest firmware: http://goo.gl/xqEc3T

Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: Mtz
Hi all, first post here and a bit of a newbie to action cams so please be nice :) I bought a Git2 from GearBest following seemingly positive feedback and it arrived today. I've done a test (albeit in admittedly low-light conditions) and there are some strange white dots/flecks on the recorded image, which are frustrating to say the least! Can someone please tell me if this is likely to be a faulty camera or is there something that I can do? (I've cleaned the outside of the lens thoroughly, so it's not that).

See attached video - you can see a white/purplish speck almost dead centre of the image. There are two more that are clearly obvious, one to the left and below the centre dot and one right and below the centre dot, along with several more slightly less obvious ones. If you turn on the gyro stabilisation, these dance around the screen making the footage entirely unviewable.

This was recorded using the default settings (1080p60) and on the latest firmware: http://goo.gl/xqEc3T

Any help would be appreciated!
Not sure what the light level is in that video, but I'm guessing it is quite dark and that if you give it a bit more light then the dots will disappear.

Most of these small sensors have a few "hot pixels" in dark conditions, they are nearly all fine in good lighting, I think yours is probably normal.

You will also find that it is only doing 30fps at that light level, the video will be a lot better quality with more light.

I don't recommend zapping it with a laser! If the laser is capable of damaging eyes then it is probably capable of damaging sensors, however the camera will not blink to protect itself.

cover the lens so it's all black then give us a screen shot so we can see the bright pixels clearly

Woop de doop, my Git2 has been despatched by Gearbest after a little prod and prompt. Just got to hope it gets here without picking up interest from customs or light fingered delivery drivers!
Delivered today, nice Christmas present to me. Looking forward to using it shortly. Very happy with the delivery from Gearbest - less than a week :-)

I have purchased today Git2 over sj5000x elite. Now, they say that Git2 will fit into Hero4 waterproof case.

I don't like Git2 case, and I like Hero4 case. Did somebody tried H4 case on git2? If so, please share photos before I waste money on ordering the case.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to attach RC watch on monopod? Maybe to cut watch strap and use velcro strap from gopeo.

Thanks guys.

I have purchased today Git2 over sj5000x elite. Now, they say that Git2 will fit into Hero4 waterproof case.

I don't like Git2 case, and I like Hero4 case. Did somebody tried H4 case on git2? If so, please share photos before I waste money on ordering the case.

Also, I was wondering if there is a way to attach RC watch on monopod? Maybe to cut watch strap and use velcro strap from gopeo.

Thanks guys.
The GitUp waterproof case is really good! Your choice of course but I would choose the Gitup case.

The watch strap is removable, just slides off and you can easily swap to Velcro and swap back.

I normally hold the monopod in one hand and the RC in the other, I suggest you have a play with it that way first.

Mine shipped back on the 11th - last update
  • 2015-12-17 04:05:10货物到达港口 undefined
Translated to -
Arrive Port

I was hoping for it by end of year but don't see that happening.

The GitUp waterproof case is really good! Your choice of course but I would choose the Gitup case.

The watch strap is removable, just slides off and you can easily swap to Velcro and swap back.

I normally hold the monopod in one hand and the RC in the other, I suggest you have a play with it that way first.

I am sure that git2 case is good (I've bought Pro pack), but I like look of Hero4 case.

Back