GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

you can check the recorded files yourself and see the bitrate, Class 10 U1 cards are plenty at the sort of bitrates you should be seeing, Class 10 U3 cards would be overkill if you want to be sure

Oh Nice, i forgot to check on my end! Says i got 20,126kbs (20.1 Mbs) for 1440P/30FPS, is that good enough to keep up with the 1440P video? Also for a 1 minute and 10 second video it was about 170MB big. I have 16GB MicroSd card in there, wont take much to fill up that card at that video setting :)

Oh Nice, i forgot to check on my end! Says i got 20,126kbs (20.1 Mbs) for 1440P/30FPS, is that good enough to keep up with the 1440P video? Also for a 1 minute and 10 second video it was about 170MB big. I have 16GB MicroSd card in there, wont take much to fill up that card at that video setting :)
You can think about using Sansung, Transcend 64GB card. I see the memory card price is very good recently.

Reactions: Mtz
You can think about using Sansung, Transcend 64GB card. I see the memory card price is very good recently.

Cool, i was looking at this card for my new camera
Samsung - EVO+ 32GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - Red/White Model: MB-MC32DA/AM

This card should work, correct?

Cool, i was looking at this card for my new camera
Samsung - EVO+ 32GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - Red/White Model: MB-MC32DA/AM

This card should work, correct?
That's OK.

Reactions: Mtz
Hi all, I would like to seek your kind advice as I fail to upgrade the newest firmware for my Git2.

I have followed all instructions: format the microSD (Samsung 64GB EVO microSDXC in exFAT format) then copy "GIT2FW.bin" to the SD
insert the SD to the camera then connect to a power bank directly
the problem is.... the camera runs into shooting mode directly without doing the upgrade

I tried formatting the SD in different ways (Mac default tool / SDFormatter / format function of the cam itself ) and performed all steps mentioned in "http://www.gitup.com/en/content/8-how-to-upgrade-the-firmware-for-gitup-git2" but still failed. The SD is new, I used it recently with GIT2 and worked perfectly.

Could anyone advise what the problem is and what I can do? Thank you very much!

p.s. the current firmware of my Git2 is "GIT2_V1.1_1130"

Same thing happened with me on a 64gb card as suggested I used a smaller card and it worked fine

ExFAT cannot be used for firmware upgrade. I think this must be wrote in a ReadMe.txt file which is containing some instructions and maybe the changelog and this file to be included in the ZIP archive.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi all, I would like to seek your kind advice as I fail to upgrade the newest firmware for my Git2.

I have followed all instructions: format the microSD (Samsung 64GB EVO microSDXC in exFAT format) then copy "GIT2FW.bin" to the SD
insert the SD to the camera then connect to a power bank directly
the problem is.... the camera runs into shooting mode directly without doing the upgrade

I tried formatting the SD in different ways (Mac default tool / SDFormatter / format function of the cam itself ) and performed all steps mentioned in "http://www.gitup.com/en/content/8-how-to-upgrade-the-firmware-for-gitup-git2" but still failed. The SD is new, I used it recently with GIT2 and worked perfectly.

Could anyone advise what the problem is and what I can do? Thank you very much!

p.s. the current firmware of my Git2 is "GIT2_V1.1_1130"

There is your problem right there, format your microsd card in FAT32. Problem solved. Once the card is formatted properly download the zip file from gitup website, unzip the file, move the .bin file onto your microsd card, eject the microsd from your computer, put microsd in your camera, turn on camera, camera will instantly install new firmware, (should take less than 30 seconds) once all the lights go off, take the card back out of the camera, re-format the card (erase the .bin file off the microsd card) and put the newly formatted card back in the camera, there you go, you are ready to play with your new firmware.

There is your problem right there, format your microsd card in FAT32. Problem solved. Once the card is formatted properly download the zip file from gitup website, unzip the file, move the .bin file onto your microsd card, eject the microsd from your computer, put microsd in your camera, turn on camera, camera will instantly install new firmware, (should take less than 30 seconds) once all the lights go off, take the card back out of the camera, re-format the card (erase the .bin file off the microsd card) and put the newly formatted card back in the camera, there you go, you are ready to play with your new firmware.

If in doubt format the card in camera first, then copy the file over

Thanks all for your kind suggestions!!

I have formatted the SD to FAT32 and the upgrade is done successfully!!
After that I reformatted it to exFAT for normal use. It should be the appropriate format I should use with my 64GB microSDXC, right?

Another question for GITUP: When will the official wifi app launch? I found the FINALCAM app not quite good, lag and cannot transfer video files to iphone.
Or could you suggest any apps we can use for transferring video files to iphone/ ipad wirelessly?

Thanks again everyone and wish you a happy 2016!!

Cheers

Happy new year guys. May git up release another firmware with so many more features.

Thanks all for your kind suggestions!!

I have formatted the SD to FAT32 and the upgrade is done successfully!!
After that I reformatted it to exFAT for normal use. It should be the appropriate format I should use with my 64GB microSDXC, right?

Another question for GITUP: When will the official wifi app launch? I found the FINALCAM app not quite good, lag and cannot transfer video files to iphone.
Or could you suggest any apps we can use for transferring video files to iphone/ ipad wirelessly?

Thanks again everyone and wish you a happy 2016!!

Cheers
Try fusion next. Search the forum here for it. I don't have an iPhone but on Android it's much nicer than final cam.

Back