GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

"I miss 4: 3 resolutions like 2704x2028 or 1920x1440 or others.. those resolutions are ideal for building 360video equipment"

I understand that this is not interesting for you and my options are few: gopro4 , xiaomi yi modified and little else...
360Video Market is limited, but a this market user purchase 4 or 6 cameras to build your equipment...

Maybe the manufacturers of these small cameras you should consider !!

Anyway , congratulations on the GIT2, It seems an excellent camera

Last edited:
Can someone suggest what to do .
Try the FN Cam until GitUp will release their app. FN Cam have some watermark on smartphone screen which cannot be removed for Android users.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks all ! However it seems that the FN Cam app doesnt work quite well with iphone (6s plus), will remain using FinalCam for the time being. Hope that GITUP can launch their own app as soon as possible.

(Any other suggestions for transferring videos from Git2 to iPhone wirelessly? Thanks!)

Some 1 minute exposures:

Moonrise and the Plough:
(The moon is still below the horizon, Jupiter has risen just ahead of it.)
Moonrise.jpg

The Milky Way galaxy at the slowest shutter speed and maximum ISO:
(Could do with some darker sky, and a bit more ISO.)
Milky%20Way.jpg

Orion and the Pleiades star cluster:
Orion.jpg

Ok figured this was the right place to put this one:

The handlebar mount.... why are they still made the way they are? Kind of a hassle having to use the adapter to mount the camera facing forward in a bicycle/motorcycle type use. However the mount does work well for mounting a camera on the seat post of my mountain bikes. But I would rather have to use the adapter for seat post mounting vs handlebar mounting. On the handlebars you want it as close to the bars as possible.

Ok figured this was the right place to put this one:

The handlebar mount.... why are they still made the way they are? Kind of a hassle having to use the adapter to mount the camera facing forward in a bicycle/motorcycle type use. However the mount does work well for mounting a camera on the seat post of my mountain bikes. But I would rather have to use the adapter for seat post mounting vs handlebar mounting. On the handlebars you want it as close to the bars as possible.
It depends a bit on the bike, on mine it is better the way it is since it mounts very nicely centred on the horizontal part of the handlebar stem. It could also go on the vertical part with an extension piece added. Some people want it facing backwards, maybe on the frame top bar, or on the seat post anyway, so I think it gives more options the way it is.

I actually use the open (dashcam) frame screwed into the tripod screw mount which attaches to the bike mount, and then you can point it any direction you want with 360 degree adjustment.

@Nigel , you made some excellent photos. Congratulations. I do not think I will be that lucky with stars, but will try something similar once my cam arrives.
Shutter speed is very important for low light especially, I haven no idea why other cameras in similar price range do not have it.

I haven no idea why other cameras in similar price range do not have it.
Thanks.

I guess the reason is that that in Chinese cities it is impossible to take photos like those above due to light pollution.

For the Milky Way you do need a truly dark sky, but even in the city I can get a decent photo of Orion after most of the street lights go out at 12:30 AM. But most of our street lights are designed to avoid light pollution and only illuminate the ground, you might not be so lucky.

Next step, put the camera on a star tracking mount and use a 10 minute shutter speed... but even Gitup doesn't give us more than 1 minute! Also means star trails are not possible, except from multiple exposures, and then they become dotted as half the time is spent on the black frames.

I haven no idea why other cameras in similar price range do not have it.
I thought it will be available soon on other cameras. They just need update the SDK to support it if using same sensor.
We checked with Novatek 2 month ago about this, it can be supported on IMX206 sensor, but need take much time.
After I knew that, checked every week with our engineer, finally it is implemented earlier than my expectation.

Hello everybody.

I just received my git2 from gearbest and I want to complain about the white dots which only disappear in totally perfect lighting conditions. These dots are almost impossible to remove from a video with post processing and are moving on the screen if the gyro is enabled. I tried to lower the ISO to 50 in the options but it didn't work.

I want to ask if a firmware fix for this issue is possible. I thinks these dots limits greatly the versatility of the camera.

It depends a bit on the bike, on mine it is better the way it is since it mounts very nicely centred on the horizontal part of the handlebar stem. It could also go on the vertical part with an extension piece added. Some people want it facing backwards, maybe on the frame top bar, or on the seat post anyway, so I think it gives more options the way it is.

I actually use the open (dashcam) frame screwed into the tripod screw mount which attaches to the bike mount, and then you can point it any direction you want with 360 degree adjustment.
the forward part of my bike's handlebar stem is square so i can't use the handlebar mount there - would have to use an adhesive mount or something. i agree though that the camera attachment point should be rotated 90 degrees from what it is. would make it simpler and more stable on both handlebars and in automotive roll cages.

there should be a way to calibrate your way out of those dots, we saw the same on the erly test and production samples of the SG9665GC dashcams, but a small program took care of those hot pixels real good.

Next batch of SG dashcams had that sorted from the factory offcourse, maybe git had a little slipup too with ther gear.

PS. i am planning ( without money ) to get one of the git 2 cameras to give to my nice, her selfies on instagram just jurt too much to look at, and they are snapped with a fruit phone of some sorts.

In photo mode and taking a pic every second i am sure she will be able to get the picture she want.

Hi everyone,
I paste a url of video with jello efect. Is from a partner in spain forum and he is very desillusioned.
I spoken very well of Git2 in spanish forum, that's why I feel responsible because some people buy the cam after that

What is the solution @gitup ?

Thanks

We are now working on that, will keep update the status.

I'm happy to hear that you're working on a fix. Several persons have already complained on the forum about these white dots.

I think nobody has reported such an issue with similar recent action cams from other brands.

I'm happy to hear that you're working on a fix. Several persons have already complained on the forum about these white dots.

I think nobody has reported such an issue with similar recent action cams from other brands.
SJ5000X, SJ4000+ and M10+ also have hot pixels.

Back