GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

@gitup
Suggestion for timelapse photos - how about a delay setting between the shots taken? mainly for using longer exposures. If you need an exposure of 5, 10, 15 seconds etc you have to set the timelapse to the next setting up which gives a longer gap between the shots.

@gitup
Suggestion for timelapse photos - how about a delay setting between the shots taken? mainly for using longer exposures. If you need an exposure of 5, 10, 15 seconds etc you have to set the timelapse to the next setting up which gives a longer gap between the shots.
When using shutter speed is good to know that the duration of each picture is doubled, so the timelapse interval must be longer than the double duration of your setting:

Read the description of youtube video.

GitUp have very long intervals for Time-lapse so you have a lot of choices when using shutter speed.

enjoy,
Mtz

When using shutter speed is good to know that the duration of each picture is doubled, so the timelapse interval must be longer than the double duration of your setting:

Read the description of youtube video.

GitUp have very long intervals for Time-lapse so you have a lot of choices when using shutter speed.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes I understand that, but that means you have to wait a further 10 seconds for the next photo to be taken, if an interval could be added of 1 second after the image has finished processing the timelapse will be smoother

I miss 4: 3 resolutions like 2704x2028 or 1920x1440 or others.. those resolutions are ideal for building 360video equipment

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a Git2 but I have several questions. I'm only interested by video capability.
Is it now possible to have 30-35 mbps bitrate like the Xiaomi Yi at 1080p? and more for higher definition.
Is there a very neutral/flat profile (highlight and black not crushed) because I prefer doing color correction by myself to get most out of a video?
Is it possible to choose FOV for less distortion?
What case would you recommend so I can make a hole for the ext mic?

Thank you

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a Git2 but I have several questions. I'm only interested by video capability.
1. Is it now possible to have 30-35 mbps bitrate like the Xiaomi Yi at 1080p? and more for higher definition.
2. Is there a very neutral/flat profile (highlight and black not crushed) because I prefer doing color correction by myself to get most out of a video?
3. Is it possible to choose FOV for less distortion?
4. What case would you recommend so I can make a hole for the ext mic?

Thank you
1. No, but I think the 28 it does use for 1080p60 with the Novatek codec will give better results than 35 from an Amberella codec. It is not something you need to worry about.
2. Only the standard, or WDR. The colour correction is pretty good so you have a good starting point with a lot of useful information encoded in the video stream, always best to get it as near as possible before encoding and throwing information away.
3. There are 2 FOV settings, and the gyro also reduces FOV so there are a few combinations if you don't need the gyro. The distortion on the Git2 is not particularly unpleasant, things don't suddenly shoot off the corners like with some cameras.
4. The Gitup waterproof case has the best latch and is a nice fit so I would use one of them to cut holes. If you can use an open mount (no water resistance) then the Gitup dashcam frame is excellent.

Thank you for your answer.
The colours does look pretty good but I still prefer having a flat image so I can do whatever I want with it. color correction and color grading.
The Gitup waterproof case seems good but the latch seems to be in the way if I drill a hole to plug the usb mic. The open mount is not an option for me.

The Gitup waterproof case seems good but the latch seems to be in the way if I drill a hole to plug the usb mic. The open mount is not an option for me.
For those who don't like GitUp waterproof case, can think about the GoPro version. There is GoPro skeleton case with USB port opened on the side.

Hi

i have a gitup git2 camera and i compare with my sj5000plus... The video of sj5000plus have more detail and the framerate at 1080p30 is 24mbps and the result is better then 1440p30 of the gitup.... Is possible in future to increase the quality of video??? The mission of gitup is not olny to create biggervideo of resolution but better framerate of this.... The photo is very beatiful... Gitup please work hard to increase video quality and your camera is bestbuy...

Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell me how to restart the camera Git2 , I was trying to connect it with the cam app Final Cam and now it has hanged and I am unable to restart or turn it off. its stuck with its screen on with 2 red lights stable and no blinking. Can someone suggest what to do .
Thanks

Hi

i have a gitup git2 camera and i compare with my sj5000plus... The video of sj5000plus have more detail and the framerate at 1080p30 is 24mbps and the result is better then 1440p30 of the gitup.... Is possible in future to increase the quality of video??? The mission of gitup is not olny to create biggervideo of resolution but better framerate of this.... The photo is very beatiful... Gitup please work hard to increase video quality and your camera is bestbuy...
Bitrate (Mbps) is not the same as frame rate, and higher bitrates does not always mean better quality video. I have not tried the higher resolutions on my git2 yet because my monitor only shows 1920*1200. However, I may still take some video then take screenshots using VLC to compare sharpness.

Remove the battery?
Thanks I confused it with my phone thinking it has a built in battery..lol
can you suggest a better android app for Git up2 as Final cam is awful, its not syncing anything , can't view any pictures, videos or anything.

Hi, I ordered a GIT2 from Gearbest (shipped today). It will be my first action camera.

But I forgot I need µSD card. So, what do you think about it: http://www.gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_204281.html
Looking at the accessories thread, are this two products are good for the GIT2:
http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_238171.html
http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_216356.html

Finally, as I'm a newbie, do I need something more for mountain bike or skate/roller to mount & protect the cam (in case of falling). I ordered the Pro packing.

Thank you :-)

You have a frame mount which will protect your camera but if you want more protection you can use even the waterproof case or to buy some other GoPro gadget like the skeleton case or aluminium case or a cheaper silicone shell case for GoPro. This is the big advantage of GitUp cameras, GoPro size.

That two products are OK for GitUp cameras.

You don't need to wait few weeks to buy a card, you can buy it locally a Samsung EVO or Transcend, for example.

enjoy,
Mtz

OK, thanks

I'll use the waterproof case to protect the cam when needed.

Back