GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Hello. 1) What do you think is the probability that produces in the new firmware makes the noise suppression function is disabled, in order to improve the sharpness of the image at artificial lighting?
2) The ability to programmatically remove the blue outline (at facilities) at the corners (left and right) in new firmeware?

@gitup;-)
Could you please provide Horizontal Field of View (e.g. what is H-FOV in Wide mode?)

@gitup
Could you please provide the ability of starting the photo time lapse via the RF remote controller if time lapse function was enabled in photo mode?

@gitup
Other question: is it possible that when USB hub is connected to PC that the GIT2 Cam afer power on directly goes into MASS Storage mode without need to press button on GIT2 cam ?
On Git1, it works as you posted, go directly into the MASS storage mode.
On Git2, we support web camera features, so require to choose the mass storage or web camera feature.

It seems some users still need the web camera feature, so it is hard to make decision to remove the web camera option.

@gitup;-)
Could you please provide Horizontal Field of View (e.g. what is H-FOV in Wide mode?)
According to the lens spec, the H-FOV is 120 degree.

It seems some users still need the web camera feature, so it is hard to make decision to remove the web camera option.

you might be able to do it as a menu option to create a default function when connected to PC, have three choices, Prompt, Webcam, Mass Storage

@gitup
Could you please provide the ability of starting the photo time lapse via the RF remote controller if time lapse function was enabled in photo mode?
Of course that is not a problem, on Git1, we have implemented custom RF remote working mode.
Before we have this idea for custom RC working mode:
1. Video Button: take a single photo
2. Photo Button: Continues photo
3. Power off button: stop for continuous photo
4. Wi-Fi Button: Exposure Lock and AWB Lock.

But this is not implemented yet, we'd like to hear more voice for this.

Reactions: Mtz
Speaking about the remote, is it waterproof or just weatherproof?

P.s.
Waiting for a solution for my hot pixel problem, I see that Canon in his DSLR has the same problem and use a method to disable the defeat pixel right on the camera.
Maybe a pixel mapping option can be a solution.

Speaking about the remote, is it waterproof or just weatherproof?

P.s.
Waiting for a solution for my hot pixel problem, I see that Canon in his DSLR has the same problem and use a method to disable the defeat pixel right on the camera.
Maybe a pixel mapping option can be a solution.
It is designed for 3 meters waterproof, I have seem someone using it in swimming pool without problem.
Regarding the defect pixel, we are working on that, we will know the result soon.

2. Photo Button: Continues photo.
The user want that when Photo Button is pressed, the camera to start Timelapse photos if this is enabled in Photo Menu. I think this request is for the situations when camera is fixed in some difficult position and from time to time he wants to photo a timelapse.
But an option will be the Wi-Fi feature of camera which can mean less money spent on the remote. But for this is needed an Wi-Fi On/Off option in menu so camera can start with Wi-Fi enabled.

create a default function when connected to PC, have three choices, Prompt, Webcam, Mass Storage
This request I think is made also for some situations like hyper-timelapse (because now the GitUp Git2 camera can be used in building timelapses because of long intervals like 30 minutes) and for this the camera must stay in a fixed place for months. The camera is powered by a cable to a charger but when that camera is connected to a PC it can be used to transfer the photos so the Mass Storage must be automatic. If this will be not possible users need to receive advice like using the Wi-Fi app.

I think @gitup is afraid to add too many options for the camera to not scary some people, but for example I love many features like everybody. No?

enjoy,
Mtz

I think @gitup is afraid to add too many options for the camera to not scary some people, but for example I love many features like everybody. No?

enjoy,
Mtz
Also add a new option, we need explain it how it works.
If you see previous post, you can find some user don't know how the G-sensor works even this is DCT forums.

And we are working on a detailed manual, a new option means extra work.
beta manual.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't that's an issue as such, aside from what you can or can't support in the SDK you need to add features so that they make sense and have logical workflows and outcomes and don't break something else along the way

Reactions: Mtz
I don't that's an issue as such, aside from what you can or can't support in the SDK you need to add features so that they make sense and have logical workflows and outcomes and don't break something else along the way
If no problem to implement it, of course will add in future firmware, I also thought is useful, thanks for your suggestion.

If no problem to implement it, of course will add in future firmware, I also thought is useful, thanks for your suggestion.

I think it's the logical way to handle the function, I haven't done anything with the 96660 chipset as yet but think this should be possible

FPS instead of FPV. We are on DCT not RCGroups. ;-)

enjoy,
Mtz
So I call it is beta version, need review carefully before publish on site.

Friday , I received my GIT2 ,as I do not get web cam to work : Pc Camera - open from AmCap or VLC,
from AmCap - black screem, for VLC - error on Windows 7.

another thing that catches my attention is that the viewer identifies the camera with name Demo1

Attachments

• git2wcam.jpg
    git2wcam.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 14
Friday , I received my GIT2 ,as I do not get web cam to work : Pc Camera - open from AmCap or VLC,
from AmCap - black screem, for VLC - error on Windows 7.

another thing that catches my attention is that the viewer identifies the camera with name Demo1
On windows 7, it should be no problem, try to find better driver. Normally it will install the driver automatically.
Also no problem for AmCap.

We tried to change the Demo1 name, haven't figured it out, related to the Novatek to solve it.

There is a problem with your PC, try on another just to be sure the camera is OK.
Amcap.jpg
enjoy,
Mtz

Also add a new option, we need explain it how it works.
If you see previous post, you can find some user don't know how the G-sensor works even this is DCT forums.

And we are working on a detailed manual, a new option means extra work.
View attachment 20324

can you add video resolutions 4: 3 for the next firmware?

Back