GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I noticed that on one of my GIT2 cameras, there is quite visible a corner spot when camera is in waterproof case.
Anyone else noticed this? Gyro off, wide angle.
Tested 2 cameras. 2 cases. Same firmware, same def settings.
Conclusion it a camera issue, since somehow one camera has wider angle compared to other.

Last edited:
I noticed that on one of my GIT2 cameras, has a corner spot when camera is in waterproof case.
Anyone else noticed this? Gyro off, wide angle.
Tested 2 cameras. 2 cases. Same firmware, same def settings.
Conclusion it a camera issue, since somehow one camera has wider angle compared to other.
Only on 4:3 photos?

Since you say gyro off that implies video as well ... unless you have Mondays new firmware which also has 4:3 video...

Somebody else has mentioned it for photos, you can use 16:9 photos when in the waterproof case.

Good point, forgot to say on 16mp (4:3).
Here is an (compressed) sample.
Weird thing is that the other one does not have such issue.
No issues on video, should have mentioned that.
2016_0118_203807_001.jpg

Don't know how common that is, but yours is not the only one.

Using 16:9 photos and video will cut the problem area off, probably the easiest solution, and only needed when in the waterproof case.

Maybe the black mask on the front of the waterproof case is slightly out of position? I guess it is a tight fit to avoid reflections.

not to go too far off topic, but how much flying time do you get with the 2200? i get about 4-5 minutes with the 1500 depending on what i'm doing, and if it's windy (to where the quad has to fight the wind). after i had to go get my quad down off the roof of my 2-story house, i've stopped flying in windy conditions till i get better at flying. :p
Had the first outdoor flight with the 250 quad and with the Git2 and a lot of fog, it went much more better than the last attempt which never resulted in a successful take of. I'm also running heavy at more than 700 grams. Got around 10 minutes of play, it could run a bit more as the low voltage alarm was only activated under full throttle before dumping it a patch of melting snow :) I'll upload the video soon, looks a bit like silent hill.

I was testing different batteries and noticed that the battery meter on the camera is always off.
For example, i put in a fully charged Git2 battery (official that came with the camera) and it read full. A few minutes into recording the battery gauge dropped down to empty. But I continued recording for another 10-15 minutes before I shut the camera down. I then changed the battery to an Xsource battery and experienced the same thing.

Anyone else notice this?

Git2 camera firmware: GIT2_V1.2_1224
1080p 60fps
Gyro: On
Wdr: On
Vivid: On
Other settings: default.

A few minutes into recording the battery gauge dropped down to empty. But I continued recording for another 10-15 minutes before I shut the camera down. I then changed the battery to an Xsource battery and experienced the same thing.

The battery meter goes down very quickly. I believe Gitup are working on fixing it.

Reactions: J.A
View attachment 20582

looks like there's a little bit in the upper right too, just not as bad as upper left.

When using as a dash cam, can I use without the battery, if so will there be a issue with the video that is recording when turn the car off?
You should expect to loose the last bit of video when the power is turned off, which is not good in an accident because it will be the last bit that you want. There is also the possibility of the card format becoming corrupt although I think it is normally OK.

Best to leave a battery in, they don't like really high temperatures so maybe keep a battery just for use as a dashcam so that your other batteries don't get cooked. Also the battery is useful as you can set it to continue recording for 30 minutes after you park the car which will record what happens in the supermarket car park.

in addition to what nigel said above... if you don't turn on loop recording, then you will likely lose the ENTIRE recording when you turn off the car (or get in a crash that blows fuses/destroys the battery). so while it might work at first, it's not a good idea to run without a battery.

View attachment 20582
Actually saying, this is the first time we heard about this, so it is not a common problem. I will check it.
If you have a gopro case, you can have a try.

I don't see the sensor calibration for the hot pixels problem.

Hi,

Just a question about charging battery. It is recommend to plug the Git2 in a USB port ou use a 1A charger.
I have a 750 mA charger, is it safe to use it? (except it will be longer to charge)

I don't see the sensor calibration for the hot pixels problem.
This firmware support that, but not work as expected, so we don't want to share it at this moment.
After Chinese new year holiday, we will do more testing and improving it.

This firmware support that, but not work as expected, so we don't want to share it at this moment.
After Chinese new year holiday, we will do more testing and improving it.
good to know ;) I told you a few weeks ago, that the translation into German is not correct or not translated in some points and I can help you. please reply to this message/conversation.

@all
what do you think about filters like these (I primary use the Git2 as a motorcycle-cam):

or

what do you think about filters like these (I primary use the Git2 as a motorcycle-cam):
Small diameter. For video you need at least 52 mm. For photo preferably 58 mm.

Back