GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

What do you think I should do?
I think the best is to return the camera because you will never like it and I expect firmwares will not add the things you are missing right now.
An action camera is made with very wide lens just because it is expected to be used outdoor to receive the most possible image area, from large areas. Indoor are just few meters and not only this, you should know that big sensors need very much light for a good image. The Git1 2MP Sony sensor needs less light than Git2 16MP Sony sensor and for using indoor and in low light the Git1 is the best camera I ever tested.
If Sony can not do much more for low light I don't know who can do better than them. I tested Aptina, Omnivision, Panasonic CMOSs and Sony is still the best for low light and GitUp choice was for the best they can achieve for a budget camera. Unfortunately Git1 sensor can not do 1080p 60FPS which is the most requested and Gyro which is the latest „wow!” feature for action cameras and Git2 had it from the beginning.

enjoy,
Mtz

Has anyone ordered a git2 from anyone else other than gearbest?

I'm going on holiday tomorrow, and the git2 I ordered back on Christmas still hasn't arrived, so I've asked gearbest to cancel my order. What's even more surprising is I received a call today from DHL asking me to to pay 50eur customs duty, as its supposed to arrive on Friday, LOL. Ridiculous right? I told them I will not accept the package. Too bad ibuygou doesnt carry git2, I've had good experience with them :confused:

Really sorry about your experience. I've had completely opposite with GB. I knew I shouldn't use DHL because of their ridiculously high custom declaration fees. So I just selected the free shipping and asked GB by a note enclosed to the order, to state the cost of the item on the package as being under 22 EUR. They did just what I requested: put $20 on the package and shipped it soon (I believe it was on the same or next day). The camera arrived in 2 weeks by Belgium Post and wasn't tampered by the customs at all. In addition, I knew exactly what was written on the package, as GB routinely attaches a photo of packed goods before they leave their warehouse, where this information is visible. So for me, very good shopping experience with GB. Adding to this great support from Gitup (I was already offered a free replacement waterproof case) and this cam bought at GB is a no brainer to me... Good luck with finding it elsewhere.

hello, everyone my name is moo from Thailand.
I just got Git2 today and try to play with it. Will be soon us Git2 on snowboard trip next 2 week.
I have some question to ask some recommend.
1.Is speaker in Git2 only for Beep sound or can have setting to let it have sound come out while reply video on Git2 directly. ( Reply file on computer have sound from computer speaker normally)
2.How long I should charge battery to get it full? Fully charge should be how long for take video 2k or 1080p60fps?
3.Will battery of SJCAM900Amp will be work for Git2?
4.Water Proof Housing Len Glass is seem dirty even new out of box. Is it possible for me to un-screw 8bolt to take glass of housing to clean? I afraid it using some glued on it. If glued then if I try to un-screw it out it make break the housing glass.
5.With new 1.2 Firmware how to use function button? after select need function such as gyro. Then how to use it? I try to long press function button but it go to wifi instead.
6.Git2 with MXI206 is not good to take video in low light compare with SJ5000x and M10+ right? (My brother just decide 3 model while I just can confirm about Git2 but not sure another)

Thank for all kind answer.

1.Is speaker in Git2 only for Beep sound or can have setting to let it have sound come out while reply video on Git2 directly. ( Reply file on computer have sound from computer speaker normally)
Speaker is just for beep, a proper speaker is hard to hear in noisy places, the beep is much better.

2.How long I should charge battery to get it full? Fully charge should be how long for take video 2k or 1080p60fps?
About 2 hours, the green LED on the front will light when it is full.

3.Will battery of SJCAM900Amp will be work for Git2?
Yes, it will work OK.

4.Water Proof Housing Len Glass is seem dirty even new out of box. Is it possible for me to un-screw 8bolt to take glass of housing to clean? I afraid it using some glued on it. If glued then if I try to un-screw it out it make break the housing glass.
Probably best not to remove it.
There should be a plastic cover to remove before use so it should be perfectly clean.

5.With new 1.2 Firmware how to use function button? after select need function such as gyro. Then how to use it? I try to long press function button but it go to wifi instead.
The function button only works when recording, in standby it is a menu and wifi button.

6.Git2 with MXI206 is not good to take video in low light compare with SJ5000x and M10+ right? (My brother just decide 3 model while I just can confirm about Git2 but not sure another)
It will work OK in low light, but the image is not as sharp as some cameras. There is not a big difference to the SJ5000X.

Thank for all kind answer.
Answers in green :)

Hello everyone.

I received a Git2 camera at the beginning of January. I barely had time to test it till now and now that I do I've come to a big dissappointment.

The videos look grainy and even blurry. At first I thought it was a matter of recording on interior, even if it was well iluminated. However the results are still the same on exterior with the morning and afternoon light.

The settings where:
1080 60fps 2K and 720 120fps
Automatic White Balance
Gyro, both, On and Off
WDR both, On and Off
ISO Auto
Color: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Wide angle

Even my Mobius Cam or an SJ4000 has done better on those conditions.
I hope this is just a fixable issue with my camera.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks for your time

Miguel

I think the best is to return the camera because you will never like it and I expect firmwares will not add the things you are missing right now.
An action camera is made with very wide lens just because it is expected to be used outdoor to receive the most possible image area, from large areas. Indoor are just few meters and not only this, you should know that big sensors need very much light for a good image. The Git1 2MP Sony sensor needs less light than Git2 16MP Sony sensor and for using indoor and in low light the Git1 is the best camera I ever tested.
If Sony can not do much more for low light I don't know who can do better than them. I tested Aptina, Omnivision, Panasonic CMOSs and Sony is still the best for low light and GitUp choice was for the best they can achieve for a budget camera. Unfortunately Git1 sensor can not do 1080p 60FPS which is the most requested and Gyro which is the latest „wow!” feature for action cameras and Git2 had it from the beginning.

enjoy,
Mtz

It's not that I don't like the camera performance. It's that I don't think it's performing properly. I've seen other videos in lots of conditions and the don't have the same issues.

Here there is a dropbox folder with videos recorded in different lights, good afternoon light but also indoor light where it is much easy to identify the exagerated grainy effect.

Even a couple of comparisons with videos from a Mobius cam which should be much worse than these and, even if it's normal it suffers when indoor light, you can see the grainy result is much worse on the Git2 than should be normal.
Another video you can see this exagerated effect is the file named "Calle 3"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qaqyda0zbkysy11/AADL_AlB3eOVwXyREzS4Ng-Ha?dl=0

Tell me. Do you think these are the results I should get or it isn't working properly as I think?

Regards

Last edited:
I have to say the Calle 3 video is somewhat blurry. But why aren't we seeing the camera text on bottom right ? On some videos the text is also blurry.. which isn't normal. It look like the videos are compressed or something.

Edit: As i though the uploaded video are compressed so i downloaded the Calle 1 and to me the video look perfect as it should. I also downloaded Calle 3 and this one look zoomed i dunno why.

Last edited:
Answers in green :)
Nigel thank you very much for clear answer.
Anyway for question 14. About housing. Is this look normal?
It just seem have stick or glue point at outter corner also seem dirt.

Attachments

• 1453947674818.jpg
    1453947674818.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 28
I have to say the Calle 3 video is somewhat blurry. But why aren't we seeing the camera text on bottom right ? On some videos the text is also blurry.. which isn't normal. It look like the videos are compressed or something.

Edit: As i though the uploaded video are compressed so i downloaded the Calle 1 and to me the video look perfect as it should. I also downloaded Calle 3 and this one look zoomed i dunno why.

That one you say seems zoomed because it had the Gyro On and I had simply removed the date stamp on the video. It says "Calle 3" but actually it was one of the first videos.

Even if downloaded, do you see the rest of the videos OK? Obviously "Calle 1" it's the best iluminated and still it's not very good if you pay attention to the details and the background

In case it was a software problem on my computer. What would you recommend I should do?

I got my Git2 from gearbest! Testing it tonight and will share my findings :)

Cannot wait :D

Nigel thank you very much for clear answer.
Anyway for question 14. About housing. Is this look normal?
It just seem have stick or glue point at outter corner also seem dirt.
It looks very similar to mine, but I can't make out the dirt in the photo.

The camera only looks through the centre so a bit of glue in the corner on the black area does not matter. As long as you can clean the bit it looks through and you cant see a problem in the images, I would avoid taking it apart. If you did cause it to leak when under water then it would be a big problem.

That one you say seems zoomed because it had the Gyro On and I had simply removed the date stamp on the video. It says "Calle 3" but actually it was one of the first videos.

Even if downloaded, do you see the rest of the videos OK? Obviously "Calle 1" it's the best iluminated and still it's not very good if you pay attention to the details and the background

In case it was a software problem on my computer. What would you recommend I should do?
Try using the camera for playback through HDMI, that will identify if the problem is in your playback system or not.

I think the Git2 does have more grain than a lot of cameras, most do a good job of removing it all during compression of the video, and removing a lot of low level detail in the process. A bit of grain is good as it removes any colour banding problems that other cameras give in areas of constant colour such as the sky, a completely grain free image is not ideal given the limited colour resolution of H264 encoded video. If you are seeing that level of grain as a problem then maybe your monitor is too big for 1080 video?

You may also be looking at sharpening artefacts, you could try recording with the soft setting and then sharpening the video yourself in your video editor, the result does tend to be better since your computer has a lot more processing power and a lot more time available to do the job carefully instead of having to do it instantly in real time.

It looks very similar to mine, but I can't make out the dirt in the photo.

The camera only looks through the centre so a bit of glue in the corner on the black area does not matter. As long as you can clean the bit it looks through and you cant see a problem in the images, I would avoid taking it apart. If you did cause it to leak when under water then it would be a big problem.

Thanks again for reply.
It help me calm down from your answer. Anyway I will try to take video again on bright day to see any affect on video.

Just can't wait for new firmware release hope they could put battery %percentage as now seem my batt drain so much fast.
Even full charge it last long about 45min only for taking video 1080p60fps

So here's my first video, had it set on 720@30fps so quality isn't great, lesson learned for the next one! What do you think?
Great video, it would been much better in either 1080P or 720@120fps for some slow motions :)
It reminded me also of my problem with heights !

I did something similar with a pruner and a Git1, from the pruner's point of view.

Thank you, I really am very new to the whole action camera thing so just learning the ropes at the moment hence the mistake in quality. The git2 is my first ever cam and that's the first video I have ever edited so hoping over time that they improve. Bought the camera to document my work for advertising and entertainment purposes and also to get some footage of me downhill and endure mountain biking so when i have more footage i will be sure to share :)

Thank you, I really am very new to the whole action camera thing so just learning the ropes at the moment hence the mistake in quality. The git2 is my first ever cam and that's the first video I have ever edited so hoping over time that they improve. Bought the camera to document my work for advertising and entertainment purposes and also to get some footage of me downhill and endure mountain biking so when i have more footage i will be sure to share :)
Well then, you have your first subscriber :)

Back