GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Nothing, same problems, no response from cam at all. I am also sure that cam was never tested before leaving Gitup or Gearbest. I registred already a ticket for these problems at Gearbest and Gitup to.
Please try to update with latest firmware, you can try to update with V1.2 first, http://www.gitup.com/support/firmware/git2/20151224/GIT2FW.zip.
If that not works, try to update with the V1.3, see details: http://www.gitup.com/en/content/8-how-to-upgrade-the-firmware-for-gitup-git2

If the problems is not solved, please kindly drop a PM to me.

We test each camera at least 2 times, this is rarely happened.

Used mine snowboarding today but fully charged battery only lasted maybe 30 minutes.

1080 60, gyro on rest defaults.

Used mine snowboarding today but fully charged battery only lasted maybe 30 minutes.

1080 60, gyro on rest defaults.
Did you leave the wi-fi on in cold weather?

The wi-fi takes a lot of power.

Did you leave the wi-fi on in cold weather?

The wi-fi takes a lot of power.

I will have to check later when I get home. Does anyone recall if it is on by default?

I did have Video SnapShoot Timer on will that also drain the battery quicker while shooting video?

Why the video have the large block and the image is not uniform??
Is possibile in the next firmware to increase the bitrate?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3TMJ04mY28IT0tZOWp2N182azQ/view?usp=sharing

I have sj5000plus and sj4000 wifi and the video not have a large block...

+1 , I receive my git2 today, I'm disappointed, the image Quality is not very good, even outside with good lum.. Vids are jerky in movment, even in 60fps ! Normal ?
My iPhone make betters vids...

Maybe there are betters settings ?

Last edited:
+1 , I receive my git2 today, I'm disappointed, the image Quality is not very good, even outside with good lum...
My iPhone make betters vids...

Maybe there are betters settings ?

Gitup answer??? The video quality is low

Today I came to Budapest. Fairly cold weather, remote control not worked properly after 10 mins on outside. Press on video/photo does not react at all. RC paired, wifi off, camera on. Firmware version 1.3.

I will have to check later when I get home. Does anyone recall if it is on by default?

I did have Video SnapShoot Timer on will that also drain the battery quicker while shooting video?
WiFi is off unless you hold the menu button to turn it on. Or maybe turn it on with the remote.

During Techmoan's review here
He mentioned two features that sound like they would be easy to implement and would be very helpful. As I recall they are at the end of the video but essentially.
1) A setting that allows the camera to be mounted upside down (flips the screen and video 180)
2)Allow the settings/wifi button, which has multiple configuration option during recording (like wb lock and gyro) to have the option of file lock (mainly useful in dash cam mode)

Both of these setting I have a use for daily, since I do use the git2 as a dash cam

If there is a better way to make suggestion to gitup please let me know gitup.

During Techmoan's review here
He mentioned two features that sound like they would be easy to implement and would be very helpful. As I recall they are at the end of the video but essentially.
1) A setting that allows the camera to be mounted upside down (flips the screen and video 180)
2)Allow the settings/wifi button, which has multiple configuration option during recording (like wb lock and gyro) to have the option of file lock (mainly useful in dash cam mode)

Both of these setting I have a use for daily, since I do use the git2 as a dash cam
The upside down is a problem for this combination of sensor and processor, it has been requested before. The best solution for dashcam use is to use the Gitup dashcam/tripod frame which allows the camera to be mounted the normal way up when used as a dashcam and the normal way up when used on a tripod (with the frame the other way up).

The file lock/protect option is a good idea.

If there is a better way to make suggestion to gitup please let me know gitup.
Gitup has read & watched the Techmoan review and I'm sure he will read this too. This is a good place to suggest things as other people can comment too and maybe improve the ideas, or maybe tell you it is already possible!

The upside down is a problem for this combination of sensor and processor, it has been requested before. The best solution for dashcam use is to use the Gitup dashcam/tripod frame which allows the camera to be mounted the normal way up when used as a dashcam and the normal way up when used on a tripod (with the frame the other way up).

Thanks for the reply Higel. The community here is nice, helpful and constructive.

As far as the upside down. That's understandable and frame does allow for flexible mounting options. But for button locations/recording led having it upside down would work better in my case. Of course I wouldn't expect gitup to add a feature that only I would use. But since I don't use the sensors (gyro or g-shock) maybe gitup could add the upside down feature but have a warning message (when enabled or another way) that says "when upside down is enabled gyro and g-shock will/has to be disabled"

Just a suggestion, I'm in no dire need for this feature. Not sure if anyone else find this useful.

Thanks for the reply Higel. The community here is nice, helpful and constructive.

As far as the upside down. That's understandable and frame does allow for flexible mounting options. But for button locations/recording led having it upside down would work better in my case. Of course I wouldn't expect gitup to add a feature that only I would use. But since I don't use the sensors (gyro or g-shock) maybe gitup could add the upside down feature but have a warning message (when enabled or another way) that says "when upside down is enabled gyro and g-shock will/has to be disabled"

Just a suggestion, I'm in no dire need for this feature. Not sure if anyone else find this useful.
gyro and g-sensor aren't the problem. it's that the actual image sensor doesn't support rotation. so if you mount the camera upside down, your video will be upside down too and you'll have to rotate it using software. thus if you have the time/date stamp turned on (which is a good idea for dashcam use) then it will be upside down.

that said, the Git1 makes a better dashcam since it has better low light quality, AND it supports image rotation in-camera. and it's cheaper. perhaps its limiting factor is that its highest resolution is 1080p30.

Why the video have the large block and the image is not uniform??
Is possibile in the next firmware to increase the bitrate?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3TMJ04mY28IT0tZOWp2N182azQ/view?usp=sharing

I have sj5000plus and sj4000 wifi and the video not have a large block...
I find it very hard to see your large block without zooming in by a huge amount. What size and type of monitor/TV are you using?

If I check the values of all the pixels in the photo editor then I can see that some would be better if they had +1 added and it would be better with a bit of dithering along the edges of the blocks, but the values are only out from perfect by a value of 1 and the blocks are created by the H264 compression which the camera has to use. On a $1000 camera maybe it would be reasonable to complain?

Hello to the very informative forum and thank you all.

My favorite firmware improvements were these, PLEASE:

- improve video quality
- eliminate those big blocks (artefacts) that ruin blue and grey skies. (Please see extracted frame of 1080/60 frame video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpllz4s4mevclva/vlcsnap-2016-02-15-23h05m36s17.png?dl=0) Very visable as horizontal lines, when played on a retina display.
- reduce stuttering, when panning, make it look more fluently
- remove white pixels in video mode (do not appear in photo mode)
- show batterie status in percent not symbol (or let user choose)
- add feature to take foto of white card to adjust white balance
- motion detection mode: add feature that STOPS recording again, when no more movement is noticed. Maybe after 10, 20, 30 seconds and 1 and 5 minutes. Or allow user to enter time manually
- edit option to cut video files in playback mode (useful e.g.when you took long video accidentally and want to delete the rest)
- please keep listening to your customers :) That was the reason for me to buy this cam.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
You see a wifi symbol on the screen, if it is on and the blue led on the side is lit.

Hello to the very informative forum and thank you all.

My favorite firmware improvements were these, PLEASE:

- improve video quality
- eliminate those big blocks (artefacts) that ruin blue and grey skies. (Please see extracted frame of 1080/60 frame video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpllz4s4mevclva/vlcsnap-2016-02-15-23h05m36s17.png?dl=0) Very visable as horizontal lines, when played on a retina display.
- reduce stuttering, when panning, make it look more fluently
- remove white pixels in video mode (do not appear in photo mode)
- show batterie status in percent not symbol (or let user choose)
- add feature to take foto of white card to adjust white balance
- motion detection mode: add feature that STOPS recording again, when no more movement is noticed. Maybe after 10, 20, 30 seconds and 1 and 5 minutes. Or allow user to enter time manually
- edit option to cut video files in playback mode (useful e.g.when you took long video accidentally and want to delete the rest)
- please keep listening to your customers :) That was the reason for me to buy this cam.

Thank you very much!

@gitup
-don t reduce the shuttering. Give us the choise to choose manualy the shutter speed. it is officially to slow at some exposure in video mode. (for all resolution and fps)
-Fix the iso on the video mode . I have made a post about this probleme . . .
-Can you fix the French language? I have put 4 hours to translate it too you last time , and you did not put my effort in the last firmware update.

Last edited:
Back