GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Thanks. I wonder if it is worth it to pay for the Focused version rather then focusing it myself? I assume it is a matter of turning the lense left and right until the focus us accurate?
I am worried if I pay the additional $$ that the focus may not be accurate and I have to do it myself.
i would think that if you hook it up to a big tv via hdmi cable, it shouldn't be too hard to get it focused, then put a small dab of hot glue (DO NOT use superglue!) to hold it in place.

i would think that if you hook it up to a big tv via hdmi cable, it shouldn't be too hard to get it focused, then put a small dab of hot glue (DO NOT use superglue!) to hold it in place.

With the 90 FOV lens the adjustment is very difficult, even with HDMI and a "Siemens star" pattern the result was not acceptable, I had to take sample videos and photos outside and mark position on the lens thread and finely adjust forward and backward till the results were acceptable but still not perfect.

It's possible to develop some superview fov mode?
The Git2 now supports 4:3 format and will also have 60fps soon for that. If you also want image stretching I believe that that should be done by video editing.

Thanks. I wonder if it is worth it to pay for the Focused version rather then focusing it myself? I assume it is a matter of turning the lense left and right until the focus us accurate?
I am worried if I pay the additional $$ that the focus may not be accurate and I have to do it myself.
I think the option with sensor is good choice if you're going to change lenses a few times. Of course there's no probelm to focus cam one time if you are going to use only 90 degrees lens. But if you're going to use both of them maybe it's better to have lens with matrix

Can you see this line while enter the menu? If you don't mind maybe we can ship a new LCD screen to you for replace if it is the screen problem.

ya, once the orange entering page with gitup show up, the 3 lines appear to be there already...

Hello, i have a question reagrding this awesome cam used as a dashcam, is it possible to lock files with a button to prevent over-writing like in all other dashcams? If not, how hard could it be to implement in next firmware?
This is basically only thing from stopping me from buying this piece of great little HW.
Thanks!

Hello, i have a question reagrding this awesome cam used as a dashcam, is it possible to lock files with a button to prevent over-writing like in all other dashcams? If not, how hard could it be to implement in next firmware?
This is basically only thing from stopping me from buying this piece of great little HW.
Thanks!
This has the G-Sensor built in. It will lock the files that are triggered by an impact.

This has the G-Sensor built in. It will lock the files that are triggered by an impact.
But what if i want to just capture something interesting on the road? ie: someone cuts me off, i should be able to just press the button instead of smashing the cam so it thinks there was a collision.
Also i believe i will have problems with g sensor, there is too many potholes around here :S

Thanks!
It does take a snapshot if you press the front button while recording which you can use as a note to record the time and an image of the event but currently there is no lock function.

It would be nice if the front button also locked the current video file at the same time as taking the snapshot if the camera is in car mode, better than using the function button since that can be useful as a mute button and the front button is easier to press while driving.

Alternatively you can use the back side of a figer and apply a small "hit" or kick on the cameras frame, it will trigger the G sensor and lock the file.

Gitup please, who is oficial dealer for Czech republic? Thx

Edit: Resolved with gitup support.

Last edited:
USB-->3.5 Stereo Audio cable -----> Stereo Audio Mic: Turns Off LCD Screen and Stays Off Until Unplug
@TechTronic9000
@gitup
Anyone else want to respond?

I suspect this has already been reported.
Today I tested my new USB external MIC===OK, had audio, although was low on 'Medium' setting

Then I tested the title configuration, converter cable with 2 different stereo plug mics... both turned off the display in 'movie' mode, but did record audio.
Unplugging the cable from the camera restored the LCD screen.

Please let me know if this has been reported.
Also, I am aware there is discussion re: stereo vs mono.

USB-->3.5 Stereo Audio cable -----> Stereo Audio Mic: Turns Off LCD Screen and Stays Off Until Unplug
@TechTronic9000
@gitup

Today I tested my new USB external MIC===OK, had audio, although was low on 'Medium' setting

Then I tested the title configuration, converter cable with 2 different stereo plug mics... both turned off the display in 'movie' mode, but did record audio.

It's a faulty or incorrect wired cable, the Git2 recognize it as a "FPV cable" thus it turns off the LCD and switches to video out. I haven't fielded with the 3.5 adapters as i have the optional microphone, although i may search for an adapter to try the stereo recording on it.

@TechTronic9000
@gitup

You can find pinout of USB-mic adapter in this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gitup-git2-official-support.14625/page-34#post-214430 The only difference - for stereo you need 330 kOm resistor.
I tryed but I didn't find working adapter for Git2. GoPro adapter can work as mono or as FPV (so you have turned off LCD)
Maybe @gitup can answer is adapter on their official site is working stereo one
Or you can easily make adapter yourself. I've made it an I have a pretty nice sound: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gitup-git2-official-support.14625/page-59#post-226124

Did you have the stabilizer on? It seems shaky.

The stabiliser was off in all 3 videos. I was walking on some big slippery rocks and holding the cam in my hand, that s why it seems shaky. I don t mind shaky, what I don t like is the video being grainy when I move the camera around, especialy this being an action cam. When I watch these videos on my ipad mini 2 at 720p no artefacts can be seen on youtube, but when I watch the same videos froum youtube on my tv via my pc, on the bigscreen you can see artifacts and sometimes grainy video. Same thing when I watch the original videos copied on my pc, so youtube encoding is not the problem.
Some users seem to get better results, others post videos like mine, might be I have a not so good unit, but sending it back to china is also a bad option. Hope it willo get better in the future!

GitUp, is it possible to buy a Git2 with the 90° lens? Just the camera, without battery, case mount or packaging.

Back