GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Regarding chipset, there is not too many options, even you can not find one better than the Ambarella A9. But for GoPro, they don't use ambarella chipset on Hero5.
For sensor, of course there are better version than the IMX177 that GoPro used.

I can not share more info, unless we actually have a Git3 already.
Thanks for the reply, Gitup! Are you developing a native 4 K model Gitup?

It is good to use Gyro in 1080P mode.
Regarding 720P 30fps resolution, we plan to remove this option and WVGA resolution in future.
There are too many video resolutions options, I don't think many users will use the 720p 30FPS and WVGA resolution.

Any solution for this? Left the camera at 720p today and recorded 2h worth of video and only realised this bug when tried to review it on my PC. Very very annoying...

Reactions: Jde
What bug? What happened?

What bug? What happened?

I just relised I should have quoted two posts instead of one. Exactly the same problem as the following user had on page 57:

@gitup
720 - 30 Image Shake with or without Gyro

Running ver. 1.3; USA-based, so NTSC, 60hz
Don't seem to see shake when 720 - 60, 1080 - 30.
Suggestions or future fix?
Link to short demos: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1mH3nak6uuWcHR5aTZHa1BsZkU&usp=sharing

I also use V1.3 firmware. Gyro was on and the resolution set to 720 - 30. It's like every other frame is missing and there is an awful judder in the video. Sound is OK.

It's interesting to read about this camera here. I have wanted to have it since i watched Mat from Techmoan's review in january. ( http://www.techmoan.com/ )
I also like that the manufacturer answers question on the forum.

I ordered it in the end of february from Gearbest. They have not dispatched it since it was some kind of embargo limitations on the batteries and powerbank I ordered at the same time.

I changed the batteries and powerbank for some another things with a bit lesser valute, and with that I'm hopeful that that problem now is solved and that they is able to send it. But still await feedback on my support ticket for this.

But when looking today, it seems to be "out of stock". Does anybody know something about when I can expect it be in stock again? Is it someone here that had it delivered from Gearbest lately? Hm, looks like I must have a lot of patience with this one.

Maybe I will receive it when the new firmware is ready?

Was funny to se user "Visconti"s "Going Fast" video earlier in the thread.
I really hope the forum member will post more videos and write more about the camera so I can follow.
Wish you all a continued nice weekend!

Last edited:
is it possible to use gopro studio to edit videos? does the videos need some reencoding?

Yeah I am getting a gitup2 too. Much better price than gopro, and best of all, the gopro accessories or a lot of them will fit or work for this camera.

But the main reason, as can be seen on videos on youtube, are the digital image stabilization, this is a must have option on action cams today. Same thing
for mobile phones that has this. So great and just fixes a lot of shaking in real time directly with the video you are recording. Plus the 16mpixel sony
sensor is great, not any good low light performance, but do you really need that, I say now. This is a camera for daytime use.

I too agree with others, why have all the video options, 1080p is the only one you need (or 2k perhaps) but drop interlaced or interpolated stuff,
is just looks bad and not worth it, need 4k just buy a gopro, if you prefer 720p you can always re-encode the video
after you are done. The only reason to use 720p before was that the hardware could not support 1080p but with technology now, there is
not need for it.

Hey guys,

Love my new git2. I know the camera is compatible with most GoPro accessories. My question is - is the lense on the camera in the exact same location as the GoPro? I'm looking to buy a case which will allow me to add 52mm filters. I'm interested in buying this case, but wasn't sure if it would fit....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N5IRJJY
I just watched a video made by someone whose hands place the Git 2 in the Gopro camera case. It is the 40 meter case with no visible screws ! The Hero 3 ' s case has screws visible, because it is 60 meter capable. Keep in mind at wide angle setting you will see vignetting with a 52 mm filter and case adapter! My Yi cam has a 40 meter case with the appropriately 34 mm square lens cover,like gopro size. .At 155 degrees I will have vignetting until I turn on " lens rectification", which crops to 120 degrees!

I've no idea what the hyperfocal distance is! I have a +3 and a +4 close focus lens attached to the Git2, then I just adjusted the camera position until the focus was correct. The sunshine helps a lot with image quality :)

I've improved the exposure (EV -1), got some different birds and changed to 1080 resolution for 60fps frame rate and no interpolation:

A frame with some action and motion blur:
y3mDUziTWWx8VWvKJo9NStvfewFXi9G8sNRN7AY611iMs3ELTxDP8bryd_LmBrEH5qi_psstGrtjEEHAJqNkQX0SRgpTSJlGrkn5e1TAluad0GKC8Pnw5hptg2_KKyJ1SA_ZYjQl_l74L4FOnw7GxpK9zEqrzz3qHd-6ncZFDw7ZGw

A static frame:

y3mo8qs29y84JmTk85YkihdU6y03CJGemjio3sS_FaIgtRhyt5P7bcWH2JMQWZ2nyB35xQeHxyjKlQr8srJ89rkAPMLJNpjEOpzKjiGTaE-pHxim2_bp34ySB5Dnrcglj6UsfMu-9FgNZC80VhJXlDvaJdMmRxfU-Ct-Qr6awECUwg

Youtube with some added sharpening and increased gamma:

And a short clip with 60fps action straight from the camera for download, I cleaned the dust off the lens for this since it is visible in the above clips:
https://mega.nz/#!g5A3wK6T!j0lOHyA0HR-USM7w1YhOgMkP0V0v7_VMQ67nXID3U5Q
Sharp!!

Hey guys,

Love my new git2. I know the camera is compatible with most GoPro accessories. My question is - is the lense on the camera in the exact same location as the GoPro? I'm looking to buy a case which will allow me to add 52mm filters. I'm interested in buying this case, but wasn't sure if it would fit....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00N5IRJJY
Gopro 4 cases?many choices on EBay!

What's the update for the Gitup App? Will the app support WiFi audio feed?
Also, any update on playing sound through hdmi?

Audio feed means transmitting also the Audio with the Video image?
The no sound on HDMI bug is solved in firmware V1.4.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, I have almost seen all the videos on youtube from this camera and I'm impressed. Even if I know youtube not show the real quality.
Have ordered the camera and the accessories i believe i want to have.
Gearbeast have promised to send it in one week, when they have it in stock again.
But not any sd-card yet, cant make my mind up if I should buy 2 with 32 GB or 1 with 64 GB.
Leif.

Here some shoots did the past week in Val Thorens France

Config :
Beta Firmware 1.4
Gyro on
Rate High
Exposure : +1Il

Audio feed means transmitting also the Audio with the Video image?
The no sound on HDMI bug is solved in firmware V1.4.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, video and audio through WiFi.

Maybe gitup will answer if possible.
Is it written somewhere in the forum what firmware 1,4 will have for new or changed features?
I think there are more than 15 things added, improved, or fixed in V 1.4 firmware compared to 1.3.
For example I like very much the Pause Recording and bitrate options.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe gitup will answer if possible.

I think there are more than 15 things added, improved, or fixed in V 1.4 firmware compared to 1.3.
For example I like very much the Pause Recording and bitrate options.

enjoy,
Mtz
The new lock video file option for the menu button press is also very nice to have if you use it as a dashcam or bikecam:)

I don't think the list is complete yet though, we didn't know about the new remote shutter release until a couple of days ago.

I think the biggest improvement is the image quality with the high bitrate mode, no more blocks in the sky.

Back