GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I'm planning to buy a yuneek 500 with the GoPro gimbal and the FPV. Do you know if the FPV for GoPro is compatible also for the Git2?

I'm planning to buy a yuneek 500 with the GoPro gimbal and the FPV. Do you know if the FPV for GoPro is compatible also for the Git2?
If you are referring to a FPV setup compatible with the GoPro then , yes it will work with the Git2 also.

Yeah, the goal shoud be to have a flat profile you can use, or to have a image that is as close to reality as you can.
I do not like videos that are over saturated, or have high contrasts etc. It is better if it is as close as you can
get to real world scenario. And if people do not like that, well then they could choose from vivid and other profiles
in the camera.

They might argue that you will get a better picture at night, but it would be better if you have to select
a night profile if you want to use it then, as with the tiny small sensor, the performance in the dark
is going to be bad anyway. At least you would then have the option to select a profile for nighttime use
to get decent video.

On another note, I do not thing you can beat the gitup2, it is just the best action cam out there. Works great
and for the money, it is a winner for sure. And a nice team working on firmwares etc, that is much more then
other cameras that they just sell and do not care about improving it. Plus the digital image stabilization is killer
compared to gopro, not only that, gopro feels real old by now.

Last edited:
omegamoto, well that is good to know. After watching a lot of YT videos (DSLR, and action cams), I understand they preform pretty bad at night, but
you can compensate for this, at least a bit. If you have good headlights or lights on your car, that will help. And you can add extra floodlights or
something like that in order to get wider spread of the light in front of the car.

And if you use a dashcam, it is a given that a mounting free from vibration or shaking will give you great video, without the need for gyro.

The thing for me with the gyro function is that, you will always have that with you, when you have the actioncam in your pocket, so it could
help you out. It is not always the case that you can bring a gimbal or something else to help you out. In the same way, you always have the smartphone
camera with you, that is the camera you will use when you have nothing else to work with.

Anything that is a controlled environment, planned event and so on, you can select a DSLR, action cam, gimbal or whatever. But these instances
when you want good stable video or pictures, you often end up having a smartphone or actioncam at your disposal, and that is it. Then the gyro
is a must have, it gets you more stable video and saves you time in post and you do not have to mess around with the video. Same thing if you
have great video quality from the hardware. You want to do as little work as possible in post, for video or pictures. So even if the video quality
suffers, gyro is great when that is the only option you have, better than no gyro at all.

The mini 0903 video at night gets great video but the sensor is only 4megapixel (or something like that), anyway it will give you better
low light performance but suffers at daytime, where the gitup2 (or other action cameras) give you way better video quality.

It is always a trade off, sensor size, megapixel count. Nothing you can do about it, just the way it is. But the gitup2 will only
get better and better as they continue to work on the firmware. That is so great compered to gopro who have more or less
dumped older products and at the moment silence.

A couple of links to my first 2 videos done with the gitup git2 on my motorcycle, both vids were done using the same settings and the weather was bright and sunny, all settings were default apart fom bitrate was set to high gyro stabiliser on fov wide and using the gitup housing. time stamp off . rendered using sony vegas pro 13 no corrections for colour or anything. download them from my dropbox for best results, any questions just ask.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/co6lwvl3jxn3umt/test.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b82igdzblqn5297/split.mp4?dl=0

It may be a good idea if we could have a separate sub forum for camera and video settings as i am sure there will be many who would find this helpfull, as trawling through all the forum posts takes a good while.

...The mini 0903 video at night gets great video but the sensor is only 4megapixel (or something like that), anyway it will give you better low light performance but suffers at daytime, where the gitup2 (or other action cameras) give you way better video quality.

It is always a trade off, sensor size, megapixel count. Nothing you can do about it, just the way it is. But the gitup2 will only
get better and better as they continue to work on the firmware. That is so great compered to gopro who have more or less
dumped older products and at the moment silence.
The mini 0903 has a 2MP sensor, with pixels something like 8x the size of the Git2 sensor it does manage a much better job in the dark. It uses the same sensor and processor found in the Gitup Git1. The Git1 manages to do a good job day and night, but it is rubbish for 16MP photos!

If you are going caving then get yourself a Git1, if you are going to the beach then take the Git2, if you are going driving and want a dashcam then you could use the mini 0903 but the Git1 will give slightly better video, it is just missing the GPS log.

The mini 0903 has a 2MP sensor, with pixels something like 8x the size of the Git2 sensor it does manage a much better job in the dark. It uses the same sensor and processor found in the Gitup Git1. The Git1 manages to do a good job day and night, but it is rubbish for 16MP photos!

If you are going caving then get yourself a Git1, if you are going to the beach then take the Git2, .

they're cheap enough to justify one of each

In low light conditions still camera leaves you play with the parameters Shutter speed, ISO and EV, but when you want to apply it on a sunny day and you have to shoot sunny areas with other dark, this camera gets more noise than you should despite calibration of the pixels and the last firmware 1.4. I've tried everything, trying to set the ISO to 50 for the cam would generate me little noise as possible, but do not know if you know that for ISO applies must give a value to the shutter speed, because if you leave it in auto, ISO values do not apply. Well, with ISO 50 still putting shutter 1 / 240seg out overexposed image, burned ... much more of course if you lower to 1 / 120sec, 1 / 60sec or 1 / 30sec, so there is no other choice but to leave in order to make it look something decent.
I do not know if the sensor lens no longer allows the shutter speed increase you, or need to perform an update for this to be done.

It doesn't matter if it's low light or whatever, still cameras allow you to use the three elements of exposure: shutter speed, aperture and ISO. (Btw, EV is not an element of exposure).

The Git2 is not a still camera, you have a fixed aperture and slow shutter speeds, because of that, you can not expose properly in manual exposure mode for video and the result is an overexposed image. To solve this you would need small apertures and it's not possible because the Git2 (like other action cams) uses a large aperture lens to handle low light conditions. Theorically speaking, the only way to achieve a well exposed image would be using a lot of compensation steps.

In fact. I also came to that conclusion that the shutter speed of the camera falls short to compensate for the overexposure of the image. But hardware installed bearing does not allow an update through the shutter speed increase you? If not, when you talk about compensation measures, you mean post production via software? or the cam working it from itself. In this case, to compensate've been using EV, but despite putting the value -2.0 which is the maximum, the image is still overexposed. Using central measurement mode, using the average mode can compensate for something? setting targets serve to something?
Thanks for the info. I would like to know in your opinion what compensation measures could be used.
This whole situation surje by the need to reduce image noise from the cam itself using the ISO lower than allowed. I know that by editing it could get a little improve, but would ideally be well adjusted image from the cam itself.

Sample s.thats what we need.to see the camera at work .sharpness normal.v1.4 all auto.vivid

Hi all
What settings would you recommend to record indoor sports? I would like to use my git2 to record roller (rink) hockey games but I don't know what settings should I use considering the fast movements and usually low light conditions.
Thank you.

What settings would you recommend to record indoor sports? I would like to use my git2 to record roller (rink) hockey games but I don't know what settings should I use considering the fast movements and usually low light conditions.

I recorded a lot of basketball games with Git2. So, I recommend using: 1296p 30fps, High bitrate, Gyro on, WDR on, Sharpness low, Narrow FOV. Then resize video to 1080p with dynamic noise reduction in post-process. You will get neat and crisp stabilized FullHD.

Back