GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Is there any preparation 'under the hood' in new firmware,for long time waiting and always upcoming mobile app

Last weekend I tested for the first time Quick-capture mode. Camera being on my chest mount, i couldn't see the screen, but I did a couple of tests and everything worked fine (one click power on+start recording, another click power off). After a couple of hours or riding, I came home and discovered that many movies where way longer than supposed to be. I could see in my movies my hand reaching for the shutter button and could hear the click, but the movie kept going. So I tested again and it seems after a while of recording, when I press the shutter button it only shows the display, but it doesn't stop recording until I press again while the screen is on. Does anyone experienced this behavior? It's not a constant behavior, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't without changing any settings, so I can't figure it out why.

Last weekend I tested for the first time Quick-capture mode. Camera being on my chest mount, i couldn't see the screen, but I did a couple of tests and everything worked fine (one click power on+start recording, another click power off). After a couple of hours or riding, I came home and discovered that many movies where way longer than supposed to be. I could see in my movies my hand reaching for the shutter button and could hear the click, but the movie kept going. So I tested again and it seems after a while of recording, when I press the shutter button it only shows the display, but it doesn't stop recording until I press again while the screen is on. Does anyone experienced this behavior? It's not a constant behavior, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't without changing any settings, so I can't figure it out why.
Which firmware are you using? There is an update in the new 1.5 beta which probably fixes that...

When your screen is on single shutter button pressing stops recording. But if your screen is off (you can change time of screen auto sleep in menu) the first shutter button pressing switch the screen on and the second pressing stops recording. That's why it's not constant.
You can find this question in the thread - someone already asked developers is it possible to use single shutter button pressing for stop recording and to switch display on with any other button.

New firmware 1.5 will change the behaviour of the shutter button allowing to stop the recording with just one click.

You won't worry about this anymore.
Ok, I'll install v1.5 and try it again.

Later edit: I installed v1.5b and it didn't fix it. Same thing happens. Well, I guess I have to get used to double-clicks.

Last edited:
Yup, it was the wrong beta. I installed the one from page 88 and Quick-capture works as it should now.
Thank you!

It's my first post so hi everybody :)

I've got GitUp2 from couple weeks and noticed some things.
Bugs in PL menu v1.5b:
Gyro OFF should be: Wyłączony
Gyro ON should be: Włączony
Car mode ON should be: Tryb rejestratora jazdy:Wł.
Car mode OFF should be: Tryb rejestratora jazdy:Wył.
Thank you, noticed the error, will fixed in final 1.5 version.

Have now tried the one press start stop recording when screen is off using firmware 1.5b and this still does not work for me, when the screen is off i still have to press the button twice to start or stop recording. the setting in the menue for rc is set to quick shoot and with quick capture enabled or diabled it does not work, what am i doing wrong.

Have now tried the one press start stop recording when screen is off using firmware 1.5b and this still does not work for me, when the screen is off i still have to press the button twice to start or stop recording. the setting in the menue for rc is set to quick shoot and with quick capture enabled or diabled it does not work, what am i doing wrong.
So, wait for the final release of the firmware.

Like @gitup said:
"Thank you, noticed the error, will fixed in final 1.5 version."

There are more versions of 1.5b and the last one that works is here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW_V1.5_Beta.zip

If you use the remote to wake up the camera and start/stop shooting, it is not OK in beta version, it only works if you press the shutter button.
For using with remote control with one press, will be fixed in final version.

Reactions: Mtz
Hi,
Can i start recording at the same time 2 Git2 with only one GitUp remote?

Hi,
Can i start recording at the same time 2 Git2 with only one GitUp remote?
We are working on the wired remote control to control multi cameras though the HDMI trigger.

We are working on the wired remote control to control multi cameras though the HDMI trigger.
So with the current remote it's not possible?! I need a remote for each camera, right?

A wired remote it's not the best option for me because i use the Git2 on my motorcycle and helmet.

Thanks

If you use the remote to wake up the camera and start/stop shooting, it is not OK in beta version, it only works if you press the shutter button.
For using with remote control with one press, will be fixed in final version.

Many thanks for the prompt reply and explanation, can not fault the service and nice to see a company being so proactive, all the best, Lee

Thank you, noticed the error, will fixed in final 1.5 version.
It's my first post to, hi everybody :)

I've got GitUp2 from couple weeks and noticed some things.

PHOTO MENU and VIDEO MENU
The icon does not correspond to the degree of sharpness

Back