GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Now I am thinking to sell my GitUp as Hero 5 because it have more features than Hero 4 so it can be considered the new version of Hero series.

GitUp Be a Hero.jpg
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif

enjoy,
Mtz

The Git1 video all the colors of the brush, grass etc were very vibrant and defined. The Git2 video the colors were plain and boring looking.
It is mainly because the pixels on the Gi1 are about 8x the size of the pixels on the Git2, they are much better at detecting low light levels. That is not going to be improved any time soon.

If you are going to mix Git1 and Git2 video, it might be a good idea to use custom white balance settings so that the colours match, it will be more important when using artificial light than natural light and might be part of your issue, also you could try setting the Git2 to "colourful" if you have the latest 1.5 beta firmware, it should make the colours more vibrant and may help get closer to the Git1 night time performance.

Nobody seems to be making good night time action cameras other than the Git1 - Gitup should add image stabilisation to the next Git1, I don't expect it is possible with the current processor...

Now I am thinking to sell my GitUp as Hero 5 because it have more features than Hero 4 so it can be considered the new version of Hero series.

View attachment 23406
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif

enjoy,
Mtz

looks like it was done by someone from SJCAM marketing department ;)

Please help.

I have strange issue with my GitUp2. After connecting my cam to PC via USB cable I dont have any prompt message to choose. Camera is just charging. (tested on 3 different PC, including MAC) How can I fix it?

Please help.

I have strange issue with my GitUp2. After connecting my cam to PC via USB cable I dont have any prompt message to choose. Camera is just charging. (tested on 3 different PC, including MAC) How can I fix it?
Try a different cable...

Please help.

In the system setting menu, did you choose USB mode: prompt?

In the system setting menu, did you choose USB mode: prompt?
Yes 100% sure. Tried 2 different cables. Will try with another one later.
Also my cam is reseting System Date quite often. Does system date reset everytime I remove battery?

Loosing date time i think is due to the RCT capasitor inside, i belive a fjew guys gad this problem and i think they fix it by opening the camera and push a little on the small capasitor.

Yes 100% sure. Tried 2 different cables. Will try with another one later.
Also my cam is reseting System Date quite often. Does system date reset everytime I remove battery?
I think, once, I tried to use a USB cable that came with a non-git 2 battery/ charger combo. and had a similar problem. The two cables looked identical!
Good Luck!

The Git2 170 degrees is not sync. with other 3 at some moments.
For me is strange that Git1 is so dark during day in your weather conditions.
The best colors I see are for 94 degrees lens.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think, once, I tried to use a USB cable that came with a non-git 2 battery/ charger combo. and had a similar problem. The two cables looked identical!
Good Luck!
Not all USB cables are the same. Some, made for chargers, don't have the data wires inside, so it's cheaper to make. That's probably the issue here.

The Git2 170 degrees is not sync. with other 3 at some moments.
For me is strange that Git1 is so dark during day in your weather conditions.
The best colors I see are for 94 degrees lens.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think that the image is darker on the Git1 as it was mounted upside down and it's metering was different spot from the Git2's.

I liked more the 170º lens on the Git2. It looks sharper and the scene is better exposed.
Pleas take note that the 72 and the 94 lenses are manually adjusted by me, while the 170 one is stock from GitUp.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Back