GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Hi all!
I'm a new user but I've done a Git2 cam review~

It's really short - 3 mins, because it's part of the AliExpress Global Blogger Challenge.
If you guys can please vote for me!
Video review here:
Voting page here: http://d.aliexpress.com/http://sale...=FK0j3PeAUed9Cvk3R9eiEmwdWNTMoHLoAnFBOXoapwU=

please support! Thanks alot~~~ I'm in the top 15. this video is to get to the top 10.
I am bboxfred, left blue 'rookie' side, number 8.

I love git2 cameras~

Hi. I've seen your video. Congratulations. What settings did you use? you have the latest firmware installed, v.1.5beta?

Hi, no, mine have the firmware 1.4

The settings used are:
- 1080P 60fps
- WB: Auto
- ISO 100
- Color: Normal
- WDR off
- Sharpness: Soft
- Metering: Centre
- Video Bitrate: High

Hi

Recently purchased Gitup2 camera and updated the firmware.

After using the camera while Kayaking i noticed a small patch of condensation between the clear plastic case and the black plastic.

When i replayed the footage on my laptop and the camera. th efootage was degraded. Stopped/Start and mostly scrambeled. Totally unusuable and very disappointed. The audio appears to be ok but the picture and video is totally messed up. I really like the camera but really disappointed.

Please support

Richard Lynch

clip_image002.jpg

clip_image004.jpg

@Mtz have same idea, told to us last year to implement this. Will look at this.
Is it possible to add the memory card test function in camera?
Test process -
1) writing data with uplifting bitrate up to maximal possible data rate (more than maximal video bitrate).
2) reading data and check the maximal speed of reading with checksum verification
3) then camera will show message, is the card good or not (speed is good for video bitrate).

Is it possible to add the memory card test function in camera?
Test process -
1) writing data with uplifting bitrate up to maximal possible data rate (more than maximal video bitrate).
2) reading data and check the maximal speed of reading with checksum verification
3) then camera will show message, is the card good or not (speed is good for video bitrate).

Hi
I have complete the test of the card using H2Testw for read and write - no issues were found.
I also tested against a known card without any issues and the came issues were found. It now looks very likely that the leak/condensation from the camera case looks to have really affected the camera working. this is disappointing as it is only the second time i have used this camera.

Has anyone experienced the same
Can soemone from GitUP get in contact please
@gitup @GitupII

Hi
I have complete the test of the card using H2Testw for read and write - no issues were found.
I also tested against a known card without any issues and the came issues were found. It now looks very likely that the leak/condensation from the camera case looks to have really affected the camera working. this is disappointing as it is only the second time i have used this camera.

@gitup @GitupII

@gitup

Hi

I have attempted to play the files using the follows
Windows movies and TV - Application tries to open then crashes and closes
VLC - Opens file but footage stutters or is scrambled
Google Photos - File shown as 0.00 lenght - when played playback is frozen or skip through the file, much like VLC Playback

Please note that the laptop/VLC/Windows all have previously played back the files without issue. Playback has only failed since the condensation was spotted in the case. This condensation was seen between the clear plastic of the case and the black plastic of the case lense section.

Here is a drop box link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xycxwkclgd60r8u/2015_0101_013527_005.MP4?dl=0 smallest file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljeyazzl671xvb7/2015_0101_225613_007.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2uo3naz4z9e79l/2015_0102_003355_011.MP4?dl=0

@gitup @GitupII

Support welcome

@Richard
video from first link plays stuttery, as per web view of the dropbox file.
The other 2 seem fine.
using MPC from newest klite on i7/nvidia laptop.

could it be the gyro and the amount of movement? fps?

@gitup Is it possible to add function of variable bitrate that depends on memory card speed? To dynamically decrease or increase bitrate when recording video. I find that some big microSD (32 and 64 gb) cards have not constant writing speed from begining to the end of capacity. So, this is hard to detect, but this can cause the stop recording problems. And maybe is it possible to realize the test card function just in camera, or not?

Last edited:
Hi
Where and when can I buy this?
can it synchronize the four videos?
Wired Remote to Control Multi Git2 Cams.

Thanks

@gitup can answer to this question.

enjoy,
Mtz

@dragonball really beautiful landscapes, I hope to visit Portugal in the next semester.

I just got my gitup2 and installed v1.5b firmware.

I'm wondering, if there is a way to fix these little freezes, like seen in your video at 5:05 and further on, it happens every 1 second or 2.. I have been experiencing the same freezes when I get a little faster than walking speed. I thought it was a Video Bitrate thing, as mine was in Medium, but yours is in High and it's the same "problem".

on my video it's more notable because I speed up the video velocity, that makes it remove some frames (original video is 60fps, if I speed it up 3x for example, gives 3x60fps=180fps, but the final video still in 60fps, that means a lot off frames are lost in that process) and that "freezes" are more notable.
Anyway, If I go faster when I'm recording, still have some notorious freezes, but in my video the main cause of that freezes is what stated above.

Edit:

Timelapse test while driving (watch in FHD)... there are any aption to record timelapse in 60fps??

Last edited:
@dragonball yea I know, but you can still see it even if you don't speed up, right? That is what is happening to me, I see the freezes frequently, in normal speed. I don't know if that is normal or if there is a way to fix it, just wondering if someone knows how to fix it. I can't do alot of testing because I'm at work the whole day, but if someone knows, it would help =)

@dragonball yea I know, but you can still see it even if you don't speed up, right? That is what is happening to me, I see the freezes frequently, in normal speed. I don't know if that is normal or if there is a way to fix it, just wondering if someone knows how to fix it. I can't do alot of testing because I'm at work the whole day, but if someone knows, it would help =)
It should play smoothly, normally any freezes are due to the computer.

There have been some improvements for smoothness, including one for the 24fps mod which is only available in the 1.5 beta firmware. If you are using 1080 60fps then you don't need to worry about that.

If you can, try playing back on the camera using an HDMI cable to your TV/monitor...

Waaaaaaaay slower service and possible loss of first order, like my experience! Gearbest is the pits!

Another one with bad experience with Gearbest.
Be careful when you pay by paypal.
I paid in € and they changed by $ and I lost money.
I opened an issue and they returned to me the money with a new money exchange and I lost some of money in the transaction.

Gearbest is the pits!
I'm agree.

Another one with bad experience with Gearbest.
Be careful when you pay by paypal.
I paid in € and they changed by $ and I lost money.
I opened an issue and they returned to me the money with a new money exchange and I lost some of money in the transaction.

Gearbest is the pits!
I'm agree.
I wasn't cheated but their inefficiency is legion and collosal! Anyone tempted to buy should read the many posted complaints!

I generally buy a lot of stuff from them (R/C, phones, tablets, etc), they are slow most of the time (30 days to ship a tablet !) but in the end it did arrive and in good working condition. Only issue I had it was an incomplete order as some of the paid items were missing. After contacted them they told me that the items were not in stock and offered refund or to send a similar item that had stock.

Back