GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

The Git2 has a fixed aperture and it can not use a priority mode other than varying ISO. You can fix the shutter speed and lock the ISO. You will need some ND filters to limit the amount o light...

Yes I understand that, but in my opinion a mode where I can set a manual shutter speed and let the camera determine auto ISO would be great. Or even better a minimum shutter speed so it doesn't go slower than 1/60 and start to get jittery.

Yes I understand that, but in my opinion a mode where I can set a manual shutter speed and let the camera determine auto ISO would be great. Or even better a minimum shutter speed so it doesn't go slower than 1/60 and start to get jittery.
100% agree with you! @gitup Need a shutter priority mode for shutting the action in poor light conditions (e.g. forests, bad weather, indoor sport events and so on).

Hi all!
Im getting cluster size wrong blue screen while i have been loop recording, bad brand memorycard? Now when i plugged in it in the computer it says it want to be formated. I have used Fat32 formatter with it..:(

Hi all!
Im getting cluster size wrong blue screen while i have been loop recording, bad brand memorycard? Now when i plugged in it in the computer it says it want to be formated. I have used Fat32 formatter with it..:(

what size card?

what cluster size did you select?

what size card?

what cluster size did you select?

It showed the same screen before as default and brand new from package so i formated it with fat32 formater and its still the same issuie and same blue screen.
Memory card : 16gb class 10, cluster size 32768..

100% agree with you! @gitup Need a shutter priority mode for shutting the action in poor light conditions (e.g. forests, bad weather, indoor sport events and so on).

Shutter priority logic works in conjunction with aperture. It's the way photo chipsets work. I doubt that Novatek will change the rules of how photography work and shutter will change ISO. You will also have nothing to gain and putting a fixed shutter can increase ISO to much and you also lose quality.

It showed the same screen before as default and brand new from package so i formated it with fat32 formater and its still the same issuie and same blue screen.
Memory card : 16gb class 10, cluster size 32768..

Just use camera menu and format the SD card from it. I never had problems this way. If I format from PC with various tools I get the "cluster wrong" message.

You will also have nothing to gain and putting a fixed shutter can increase ISO to much and you also lose quality.
In this case (as for action camera) shutter priority means that camera will not set the shutter speed lower than frame rate. Well exposed video with a lot of jerky jelly motion blur or video with good details without motion blur (sometimes underexposed in very low light).

In this case (as for action camera) shutter priority means that camera will not set the shutter speed lower than frame rate. Well exposed video with a lot of jerky jelly motion blur or video with good details without motion blur (sometimes underexposed in very low light).

Yes, but that means to bump iso very high which will result in high noise and if the ISO in not enough then the limit of shutter speed will make the image dark and also grainy so much more worse.

Yes, but that means to bump iso very high which will result in high noise and if the ISO in not enough then the limit of shutter speed will make the image dark and also grainy so much more worse.
Yes, user can select between noise and motion blur in low light. Finally, this option can be named as "prevent motion blur - yes\no".

I would personally rather have noise than smeared frames. Noise is easier to correct in post. But to be fair I'm not talking about dark spaces even. My Git2 seems to drop below 1/60 very quickly and it would be nice to be able to prevent this without fully setting manual shutter/iso (which wouldn't work when I'm going between bright/dark lighting anyways). Just a way to say don't go slower than 1/60 - the transition when it happens is very jerky too and the video jumps. It's the only thing I'm really unhappy with the camera about right now.

My Git2 camera is completely dead after a minor quadcopter crash.

The camera does nothing (no LED lights, no display, no beeps - nothing) when I power it via USB, or a battery. I tried different batteries. I tried formatting SD card (FAT32) and uploading different version firmware / loader files on it. I disassembled Git2 and tried to reattach all the ribbon cables. Still nothing - the camera does not power on at all.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Hey guys,

I did a couple test videos with a few options (different iso, shutter speed, etc.) I copied the files to PC, and i would like to know what software can show these kinds of EXIF data? thanks!

Hey guys,

I did a couple test videos with a few options (different iso, shutter speed, etc.) I copied the files to PC, and i would like to know what software can show these kinds of EXIF data? thanks!
Unfortunately there isn't any useful EXIF data stored in the video files on any of the Novatek based cameras, only the jpg files. It would be nice if there was.

You can use MediaInfo to see the video information but that does not include exposure data.

EXIF data is an still image tag.

"Exchangeable image file format"
Some cameras do put EXIF info in video files, although it makes limited sense there since it can only be global, not per frame so tells you nothing about what the auto exposure is doing.

My Git2 camera is completely dead after a minor quadcopter crash.

The camera does nothing (no LED lights, no display, no beeps - nothing) when I power it via USB, or a battery. I tried different batteries. I tried formatting SD card (FAT32) and uploading different version firmware / loader files on it. I disassembled Git2 and tried to reattach all the ribbon cables. Still nothing - the camera does not power on at all.

Any ideas what could be the problem?
One of my first flights with my 250 racer was also one of the first uses of my git2 ended with the quad basically free falling about 100 feet, hitting the wood railing of the porch, then landing in a snow drift (powder). Bent a couple props (King Kong props bend instead of breaking) and had to stop flying while the quad dried out but the git2 only stopped recording after I pressed the button to stop it. I did have it in the waterproof case though, so it had some protection there.

Doubt it's the issue but there have been some cameras where the little button battery on the main board makes contact with a screw next to it, and it causes the camera to lose settings and time and date. Removing the screw fixes it. Who knows, maybe it's preventing yours from turning on? And have you tried directly shorting the contacts that the button would short when you press it, or using an ohm meter to see if the button actually closes the circuit when pressed?

Hi
Where and when can I buy this?
can it synchronize the four videos?
Wired Remote to Control Multi Git2 Cams.

Thanks
It will be available for sale within one week, support control 6 cameras at same time.

I have a feature request: please add some video raw mode (like GoPro's Protune) which records flat (log) data which is easier to handle in post production.

Back