GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Gearbest has exceeded my expectations. At first I was skeptical about ordering goods from China to Sweden on the Internet .
But I decided to try anyway. Now I have ordered many times from them, including 3 Gitup Git2 cameras.
The first camera took some time to got here , even though I then chose DHL. For the last two, I chose China post. It took about 4-5 weeks each time .
Beside the cameras I've ordered other items. One time a clock was defect upon arrival. I noticed Gearbest of it.
They solved it quickly, and gave me the money back.
So in summary , I can say that after several purchases this year, I'm happy with them. Both with prices, deliverytimes and service.
Maybe i'm lucky, but i'm happy i tried them.
And most important - I like the Gitup cameras!

Hello, can anyone help me.

I got my git 2 yesterday. Started some filming tests today when it suddely began to rain. I tested without the waterproof case. My camera got some raindrops.

It worked some moments later, then it turned off and isnt coming back.

This is really ridiculous? These few drops can kill the cam??

Take the battery out and put the camera in a bag of rice over night.
Does that really work,techtronic?
I would loosen four screws, remove the battery and leave the door off, and place the cam in a sandwich Ziploc bag with many bags of dessicant dryer! I would allow at least 24 hours before power up!

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know if that solve the problem because he was using the camera after the raindrops.
But using that trick is possible to dry the water that could be inside of the camera.

I don't know if that solve the problem because he was using the camera after the raindrops.
But using that trick is possible to dry the water that could be inside of the camera.
I would like to know if it works for him. Maybe he will post. I studiously protect my digital devices from any amount of water. It is instant death to unprotected digital electronics!

Hello, can anyone help me.

I got my git 2 yesterday. Started some filming tests today when it suddely began to rain. I tested without the waterproof case. My camera got some raindrops.

It worked some moments later, then it turned off and isnt coming back.

This is really ridiculous? These few drops can kill the cam??
I would try dessicant dryer as per my comment above, Lordalex!
Then power on!

I would like to know if it works for him. Maybe he will post. I studiously protect my digital devices from any amount of water. It is instant death to unprotected digital electronics!

I'm agree.

I would loosen four screws, remove the battery and leave the door off, and place the cam in a sandwich Ziploc bag with many bags of dessicant dryer! I would allow at least 24 hours before power up!
It's better to use a "traditional" method that everyone uses. I read a forum post somewhere else where a guy put his Phantom 3 into the gas cooker to "dry it out" after it fell into the sea....He even had pictures of the melted quad in his oven...

It's better to use a "traditional" method that everyone uses. I read a forum post somewhere else where a guy put his Phantom 3 into the gas cooker to "dry it out" after it fell into the sea....He even had pictures of the melted quad in his oven...
Ahhh! The things people do!

I just researched the " rice trick" , it is like an urban legend with no basis in fact. www.theverge.com, and gazelle did testing on iPhones and galaxies powering them off, opening and physically drying them was necessary. Dessicant or coscous were not much better than rice.

I haven't had to test this trick so I can not to say if it is an urban legend or an useful trick.
Anyway If I have to use it it will be because I have had some problem, so I wouldn't like to use this never.
I'm lucky (at the moment)!

Probably the rice trick works as it makes impatient people wait "for the rice to absorb moisture". Rice can be already overfilled with moisture during storage....

I haven't had to test this trick so I can not to say if it is an urban legend or an useful trick.
Anyway If I have to use it it will be because I have had some problem, so I wouldn't like to use this never.
I'm lucky (at the moment)!
Apparently,iphones have a water sensor on the frame that will change color if you dunk it in water! The verge advised opening the phone and drying it out to save it!

Probably the rice trick works as it makes impatient people wait "for the rice to absorb moisture". Rice can be already overfilled with moisture during storage....
I just dropped a humidity meter in a sealed box of rice, the rice was at room humidity which is not surprising so if anything it will slow the drying process if you seal your damp device in a sealed box/bag as then the humidity will rise however much the rice absorbs.

The rice probably does absorb water off the surface but so would a paper towel.

A packet of silica gel that has been recharged in the microwave does work as long as it is a decent size packet, the 1 gram size you find in electronic packages are only designed to remove humidity to prevent condensation, not to remove actual water droplets.

As you said, it will make impatient people wait, and waiting will help.

I have had rain on my Git2 in the past and not had any problems, and a large rain droplet wouldn't easily go through the side vent so I wouldn't expect just a few drops to cause a problem, definitely something to be avoided though, it comes with a waterproof case for a reason.

Is there any way to limit 1080p60 to a minimum of 1/60th? When I'm going in and out of trees on my bike it's very jarring to go from full 60FPS to under 60 FPS (which results with smeared and jerky video). Maybe 'minimum shutter speed' could be an option? Or a shutter speed priority mode where the camera auto determines ISO?

Is there any way to limit 1080p60 to a minimum of 1/60th? When I'm going in and out of trees on my bike it's very jarring to go from full 60FPS to under 60 FPS (which results with smeared and jerky video). Maybe 'minimum shutter speed' could be an option? Or a shutter speed priority mode where the camera auto determines ISO?

The Git2 has a fixed aperture and it can not use a priority mode other than varying ISO. You can fix the shutter speed and lock the ISO. You will need some ND filters to limit the amount o light...

Back