Good capture on a attempted carjacking or whatever

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
This camera did a pretty good job capturing the whole event. The right rear passenger door of the Chrysler 300 opened up at 0:51 ! I wonder what they were fixin' to do?

Pretty good driving to get out of that. But I would have read the license plate. Also, I believe have the rear camera mounted on rear window as opposed being around the rear mirror would have provided better detail. I have some pretty clear pictures of faces the driver behind me on my rear camera. If someone where to get with 20 feet of my rear camera (wide angle mobius) - it could be provided to police along with the plate. In fact, I am finding pretty good success with getting the front plate of the car behind me on my Mobius, which I moved to the rear last month.

Edit: Yet another reason for a dash cam. Security camera in cases like this.

Last edited:
Right at the end at about 7:15.. isn't that the same red Chrysler 300 slowly driving through?
Got my heart racing!

Right at the end at about 7:15.. isn't that the same red Chrysler 300 slowly driving through?
Got my heart racing!
I was just about to say the same! :eek:
I guess if it was the cam driver would've recognized it immediately.

Anyway, I would've stopped at the gas station and ask for help. There are always people there and they usually have surveillance cameras, it would've been a safe place to stop in case the "bad guys" followed him.

Looked like the same, possibly non stock, wheels.
no, they're different cars, though both seem to have OEM wheels. first one is older - it has incandescent tail lights and chrome (or polished aluminum) wheels with thick spokes. second one has LED tail lights and machined aluminum wheels with more thinner spokes.

upload_2016-12-9_17-21-22.png

no, they're different cars, though both seem to have OEM wheels. first one is older - it has incandescent tail lights and chrome (or polished aluminum) wheels with thick spokes. second one has LED tail lights and machined aluminum wheels with more thinner spokes.

View attachment 27800

Yeah what are the odds of 2 Chrysler 300's in identical colors or close to the same colors be running around the same neighborhood? I saw that someone commented about the wheels being different. I had to go back and look too. It looks like the car at the end did not have the door trim like the one tormenting him did.

Yeah what are the odds of 2 Chrysler 300's in identical colors or close to the same colors be running around the same neighborhood? I saw that someone commented about the wheels being different. I had to go back and look too. It looks like the car at the end did not have the door trim like the one tormenting him did.

Imagine if they give a description of the car to a police officer, and the police officer was trigger happy. I kind of thought it was different cars before @Gibson99 made the points about the different model years and wheels. I would think the carjackers got the hell out of there when the police showed up and drive right in front of the police.

When in a situation like this it's good to know the 'anti-rape' safety rules women follow because they are effective ;) Drive normally or at least within full control of your vehicle; having a crash leaves you caught by whoever you're trying to get away from. Leave space around your car and travel in lanes which will not allow them to block you with no way out. Keep your personal safety as your top priority even if that means performing safe but illegal maneuvers while driving, and do nothing which might further endanger you. Flash your lights and use your horn to draw attention to you so that others will know you are in trouble. Stay on main well-lit roads where other people are around. Never drive home when you're being followed or chased- the last thing you want is for them to know where you live. If you know where a close-by Police station is go there. Alternately stop and ask for help from any Police Officer you see. Lacking those, go to a well-lit public place like a store or restaurant where there are lots of people and immediately tell an employee of your problem and ask them to call the police too (which you should have done already). Stay there inside where employees and customers can see you until the Police arrive. Never drive home when you're being followed or chased- the last thing you want is for them to know where you live.

I saw this driver pass well-lit stores and a McDonalds instead of stopping. That wasn't smart. You need to end the danger as quickly as possible and be stationary where help can find you, not extend it by driving on where it may get worse and where any help en-route has to first figure out where you are (if they can) before they can help you. If your vehicle is faster you might get away or you might crash; this driver's vehicle wasn't likely to out-run that car. Otherwise they did OK save for possibly getting better vid images on their cams. And even if you evade them successfully, let the Police know what happened and give them any details you can in case you encounter that person again.

It's not unmanly to follow those rules yourself- its smart because only the living are survivors and winners. Asking for trouble will almost always get you that and with unknown assailants that may be more trouble than you can handle.

Phil

When in a situation like this it's good to know the 'anti-rape' safety rules women follow because they are effective ;) Drive normally or at least within full control of your vehicle; having a crash leaves you caught by whoever you're trying to get away from

Although I commended the driving earlier, I never thought of it like that. ... the crashing part ... There was only one car following him and he couldn't get pinned in. My only concern if the driver is approaching a red light. I guess in that case he stops far back and when passenger gets out, he goes forward a dozen feet until the light changes.

Although I commended the driving earlier, I never thought of it like that. ... the crashing part ... There was only one car following him and he couldn't get pinned in. My only concern if the driver is approaching a red light. I guess in that case he stops far back and when passenger gets out, he goes forward a dozen feet until the light changes.

Or if traffic allows, crossing under red or turning tight on red. As long as you don't cause harm to an innocent person, you won't be charged for breaking traffic laws to maintain your own safety, and if a Cop suddenly appears then that's what you wanted anyway ;)

Phil

Hehe i was in a confrontation yesterday, just verbal off course :D

But me and the dumbass driving with his fog lights on exchanged "words" at a intersection.

Audio muted.

I would have loved to "dance" with the guy, but unfortunately yesterday i had a huge Bowie knife strapped to my side and thats a big NO - NO here, so i had to opt for moderate insulting words.
blade_big_thumb.jpg

Imagine if they give a description of the car to a police officer, and the police officer was trigger happy. I kind of thought it was different cars before @Gibson99 made the points about the different model years and wheels. I would think the carjackers got the hell out of there when the police showed up and drive right in front of the police.

In real time without having the luxury of reviewing the video and comparing the two cars, it would be tough to notice the differences for the average person.

Or if traffic allows, crossing under red or turning tight on red. As long as you don't cause harm to an innocent person, you won't be charged for breaking traffic laws to maintain your own safety, and if a Cop suddenly appears then that's what you wanted anyway ;)

Phil

How does your set up work? Are they on separate memory cards or do have a dual 2ch set up? Very impressive!

Hehe i was in a confrontation yesterday, just verbal off course :D

But me and the dumbass driving with his fog lights on exchanged "words" at a intersection.

Audio muted.

I would have loved to "dance" with the guy, but unfortunately yesterday i had a huge Bowie knife strapped to my side and thats a big NO - NO here, so i had to opt for moderate insulting words.
blade_big_thumb.jpg
i don't know what scares me more - that knife, or what seems to be a giant CRT monitor behind it!

hehe :D the knife have a 10 inch blade, the monitor is a 22" i got when everyone else i knew was on a 15" or 17" CRT screen.

Want to replace both, but i cant have a gun as a Dane, so when the zombies come i will just have to stay avay from crowds, hope they are the slow shuffling feet kind, and then take them on one at a time.
But i might be able to afford a cheap 24" LCD monitor later next year.

Been holding out for OLED and being a hardcore gamer for some years ( 1997 - 2006 )
And now it look like OLED in computer monitors will never happen, and even if it did i cant afford it now :(

Last edited:
Back