GPS not working

I'm currently on my second 0806. First one would freeze after about 58 min. It would also dislike any cards larger than 64 Gb, would not switch over cards - but GPS worked well. My second from Gearbest just last week is different - GPS either doesn't work at all, or takes ages to connect. Consequently, no GPS connected=no speed recorded. Latest software loaded 150511 - but website says there is 150512 (test - beta?). But my cam won't allow upload. Geabest in their generosity offered $5 refund if I kept the camera, or $70 to pay extra so they send another one. In conclusion = I need to get away from 0806 Ambarella mini at least till the makers make product of consistently good quality in order to trust the cam to record and work.

I purchased 2 x 0806 and GPS not working on one 0806 since I purchased it, so I put I put it in the secondary vehicle. The other unit worked fine till last week when I constantly got low battery messages and it shut down just after starting up. I have changed the power from the base to the camera, and all appears to be working fine for now. I finally got around to looking at the GPS issue on the second unit and after opening the unit, all the connections were tightly soldered, and no crimp damage on the wire, however, after doing a resistance check, the TX wire is an open circuit. My question is where can I purchase the same sized wire used for the 4 connections, as it needs replacing. I have searched all local suppliers, and they cannot supply the .3mm 4 core cable that was used...........

I have searched all local suppliers, and they cannot supply the .3mm 4 core cable that was used...........

simply way, solder the RED/BLUE wire to GREEN wire position as alternative. the RED/GREE wire is not used now.

Well - Gearbest have done it again. The 12 month guarantee they claim is in fact - one issue solved guarantee if you're lucky. My 0806 bought last September had issues in the beginning. They wanted me to send it back to China. I asked for contribution to post. They eventually provided $20. Camera got better. Now it got worse again not recording speed or GPS position with some files corrupted. So send it back? Not possible unless you refund $20 and pay for sending. Guarantee? What guarantee!!! I'd avoid 0806 dash cam altogether and Gearbest as suppliers. Dodgy lot and iffy quality expensive camera.

That's all very well but local market isn't so local, as many Chinese companies use local distribution addresses that APPEAR to be local. When you try returning faulty product you find the return address is China. Another wholesaler based in HK was advertising on UK e-bay offering 24 months no quibble guarantee - Guess what happened? Advertising Standards got him banned as e-bay wouldn't lift a finger (except maybe in a commonly known gesture)

Well - Gearbest have done it again. The 12 month guarantee they claim is in fact - one issue solved guarantee if you're lucky. My 0806 bought last September had issues in the beginning. They wanted me to send it back to China. I asked for contribution to post. They eventually provided $20. Camera got better. Now it got worse again not recording speed or GPS position with some files corrupted. So send it back? Not possible unless you refund $20 and pay for sending. Guarantee? What guarantee!!! I'd avoid 0806 dash cam altogether and Gearbest as suppliers. Dodgy lot and iffy quality expensive camera.
That's same with most sellers, especially China.
Hardly anyone will pay return shipping.
Even amazon doesn't have free return unless you sign up for prime.

not recording speed or GPS position with some files corrupted

possible reason:
1, card aging (5000 cycles re-writing)
2, battery dead

Back