GPS problems

eR_TRoMPe

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello:
Since I have the camera I have not gotten the gps to work properly. When you start the car and start driving, the GPS light always blinks. I tried to disconnect the rear camera and I managed to see that after 15 or 20 minutes of being in operation the GPS light was green steady during a stop but when resuming the march again began to blink.
Sometimes, if I leave the car parked in the street for a long time (usually I park in a garage) when I start the march, the light is green, but after a while it is driving again, it flashes again.
In addition, I have verified in the videos that neither the location or the speed correspond to reality, slower speed of the real one, gps offroad location.
I have recorded 3 videos, the first one is starting the car with the 2 connected cameras and after more than 18 minutes driving I have not managed to get the GPS signal to be fixed.

Then I disconnected the rear camera and again I recorded again and again nads, without gps signal.

Finally I parked the car in the street and waited for about 20 minutes with the car stopped (more than 45 min with car in street and driving). When starting the light was fixed green but when starting to move, lost the gps signal again at certain times, at low speed recovered the signal but when passing 50 or 60 km / h again lost the signal.

I leave link to the log folders of both gps and novatek for all logs since i start the first video ubtil i finish the last video. I do not interpret the logs but I get the impression that the GPS module captures the satellites well and within the logical time but in the camera where the problem is. I have tried with the different versions of software and with all I have the same problem

log
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zgH3F5kwt2VWSmofYNyPn2uRs-pHWp5_?usp=sharing_eip&ts=5a9e8009

log
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hSjUIStyv4EmKKk8UaUcNrcdsE-Utruo?usp=sharing_eip&ts=5a9e8011

a3e735e5c4b372b7037eb8b37b79f14e.jpg
75943ea4b31a0361d993e21b90cf56ee.jpg

I'm talking ln ebay with @estore to solve the problem, but i post here in case someone else had this problem or someone could know what the solution is by watching the videos and the logs

Translated with goolge translator

let me see...........
is your camera stuck to roof fabric instead of windshield which is in your video?
so, I think the GPS will nerver get connected.
the steel roof of your vehicle will block GPS signal
please, please attach the GPS mount to glass windshield.........

Yes, it's on the roof. I will try to put it on the glass to see if it is solved. Now car is repairing but when i have it i change place. What is strange is that in the GPS log I seemed to see GPS coordinates and yet in the camera detected as without a GPS signal. That's why i had ruled that option

Back