GS1000

jokiin said:
The USB software only runs under winxp 32 bit

Yes, i do all this kind of work with xp.

I would like to share my last GS1000 experiences with you. Camera didn't work well, it often switched off. It appeared that the reason was trivial. The power cable plug often lost its contact with the socket and there was no charging camera battery. I improved the contact by bending the negative spring contacts more out of the plug, then inserted the plug into the socket and wrapped with electrical insulating tape. I have 12 V socket "on cable", like that http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-leads/ ... lamps.html (without the clamps)
soldered parallellyto the original, but hidden at the back side of the 12V sockets cover. And I soldered 4700 uF/25 V capacitor to the wires to buffer the 5V supply voltage. Now the camera operates well , without sudden switching off, e.g. when I switch on the glow plugs (diesel) and engine starting lasts several seconds (before my modification it happened that the camera switched on and off and I had to switch it manually when the engine was already running) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That start up problem is common with diesels, we recently added a programmable start up delay as a menu option specifically to address this

jokiin said:
That start up problem is common with diesels, we recently added a programmable start up delay as a menu option specifically to address this
Unfortunately the software option does not work in my camera...In spite of using it in the menu :(

Mantom said:
jokiin said:
Unfortunately the software option does not work in my camera...In spite of using it in the menu :(

There are plenty of cameras in the market that have menu options that don't actually work unfortunately

I got this issue with my GS1000 (GPS).

It worked quite good for almost a year, but last months it hasn't been working at all. And if it do work, its not accurate at all.
So I tried to update by USB, but had a few troubles so I tried by using the micro SD card. Result; the cam doesnt start. Well, it starts up with the blue light (and a new, fancy song) but thats it. If I press the ON button, it does it again, and when I press a button it sometimes makes a "switching between sites" noise, not sure what to call that last one. And yes, the screen stays black - all the time.

Tried reset, older firmware, removed firmware from sd card.
Am I missing something?

Thauleu said:

It worked quite good for almost a year, but last months it hasn't been working at all. And if it do work, its not accurate at all.
So I tried to update by USB, but had a few troubles so I tried by using the micro SD card. Result; the cam doesnt start. Well, it starts up with the blue light (and a new, fancy song) but thats it. If I press the ON button, it does it again, and when I press a button it sometimes makes a "switching between sites" noise, not sure what to call that last one. And yes, the screen stays black - all the time.

Am I missing something?

1. Did you backup your original firmware, and have you tried that?
2. What/where was this unlucky firmware you used?

Sabe said:
Thauleu said:

Am I missing something?

1. Did you backup your original firmware, and have you tried that?
2. What/where was this unlucky firmware you used?

1. I never found the firmware when I connected to it, so no.. Unfortunatly, which I should have done.
2. 2.0.3 or something, that I followed on this link http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#Blue_Menu_USB_Firmware

Thauleu said:
1. I never found the firmware when I connected to it, so no.. Unfortunatly, which I should have done.
2. 2.0.3 or something, that I followed on this link http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#Blue_Menu_USB_Firmware

Sorry, blue menu is out of my expertise.
But seems that there is not so many fw's available if it is original blue menu.

Sabe said:
Thauleu said:

Sorry, blue menu is out of my expertise.
But seems that there is not so many fw's available if it is original blue menu.

But is there nothing to do?
Because after I start it, it seems like it shuts down. But when I press the power button it makes a noise, like its already on?

Feel kind of desperate now.

Thauleu said:
But is there nothing to do?
Because after I start it, it seems like it shuts down. But when I press the power button it makes a noise, like its already on?

Feel kind of desperate now.

There is two possibilities, unit can be broken or you have loaded wrong firmware.
Since you don't know which firmware you had i think only option is to try some other firmware.
One thing you could do is open camera and find out is it ambarella or novatek chip board, that might narrow your search.

You don't have anything to lose, so maybe you just try _any_ blue menu firmware by chance...
Google found one fw from dx.com.

JonBOY26 said:
Hey peoples,

I recently decided to get my first dashcam and found this site a great help. After weighing up the options I decided on a GS1000. I purchased my cam through e-Prance (in June 2013) as e-Prance was a recommended seller and I wanted to try make sure I got a genuine orange menu unit.

The cam arrived and is indeed an orange menu, and I suspect it is a 'new' orange menu given the firmware version. I think the firmware version reads 'SM5E5HGB.130509.V1' however the font isn't the best choice when it comes to distinguishing between 'S' and '5'. Can somebody please check the image I've uploaded and confirm whether i've read that correctly?

GS1000Originalfirmware_zps075d06e3.jpeg

Assuming the firmware is SM5...., I'm assuming that indicates the cam is a 'new orange menu' unit, as the firmwares for these new units include versions 4.35 and above. With that in mind, what is the latest firmware version circulating for the 'new orange menu' unit? I'm keen to know whether anybody is running anything newer than this.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat, just got my GS1000 from Aliexpress the other day but can't find any info on this firmware. Anyone?

Syntra said:
I'm in the same boat, just got my GS1000 from Aliexpress the other day but can't find any info on this firmware. Anyone?

I think that this is just new naming system to old smh4.35...
First letters of new name means that board is Samoon 5e5 board and numbers is date of fw, therefore this naming system is better because then you know you have right fw if you have Samoon board camera.

Sabe said:
There is two possibilities, unit can be broken or you have loaded wrong firmware.
Since you don't know which firmware you had i think only option is to try some other firmware.
One thing you could do is open camera and find out is it ambarella or novatek chip board, that might narrow your search.

You don't have anything to lose, so maybe you just try _any_ blue menu firmware by chance...
Google found one fw from dx.com.

I tried loading a different firmware, but when I search and look at pictures I am pretty sure it is blue menu. Looks like it anyways.
I'll take a shot and open it, not sure in the difference between Ambarella or Novatek!

UPDATE: It is Ambarella. Any more facts I can aquire?

Thauleu said:
UPDATE: It is Ambarella. Any more facts I can aquire?[/b]

One more would be necessary, find out is it new blue menu or old blue menu unit, firmwares are different.
Do you have link to place where you bought it?

Sabe said:
One more would be necessary, find out is it new blue menu or old blue menu unit, firmwares are different.
Do you have link to place where you bought it?

Uhm, not sure. Maybe it was the latest firmware? The new blue maybe? Just a guess.

I don't get anyting up when I try looking it up on ebay (where I bought it) but this is when I view 'similiar items for sale', none looking like the one I have though.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw=GS ... 0407329599

Thauleu said:
Uhm, not sure. Maybe it was the latest firmware? The new blue maybe? Just a guess.

Here is old and new.
http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#Old_Blue_Menu_Firmware
I believe you can use directusb program with bin files too

Here was some discussion and download link as a last resort, looks different because it is G2 type fw.
__http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1265287__
i removed hyperlink so you have to copy it manually to browser.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back