GS1000

jack said:
Hi, I'm wondering whether to buy GS1000 with new orange menu. I have few doubts, would be great if you could answer me :)

1) how long is the car charger cable ? (in metres)
thing is I'd like to connect the cable to the cigarette ligher plug in the following way, not to have a cable in the middle of a car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 29TM1_s5u4

2) does it have so called "parking mode" ? I mean turning on recording after a move, question is how sensitive is this move detection ?
and for how long it turns on, 1 minute ?
the description says up to 2 hours, after 6 months of dailu usage drops to 20 minutes only.

3) one last thing, when the camera is plugged, is there any small led/light which turns on after the camera starts recording ?
just to make sure that it's operating and recording

Thanks in advance!
Jack

Hi Jack,

You will need to check with the vendor you are considering on cable length to be sure since sometimes it differs by vendor. That being said, most GS1000 cameras come with a cable length of at least 3m which allows it to be wrapped around the windshield, down the A-pillar and under the dash. 3m is long enough for most cars, larger vehicles may need 3.5m or more.

This camera does not have a parking mode but it does have motion detection. I believe it records a 1-minute clip if it detects motion. Note that using motion detection will likely prevent the cycle recording option to work. Also since no parking mode is advertised, the camera may not react well to operating in extreme temperatures when the car is parked. Note the 2 hour time on battery is very optimistic (I will update the main page!)

There is no small LED / light. You could leave the LCD screen on to see the recording. EDIT: I just checked this camera again and there is a small LED light above the record / ok button. Sorry for the incorrect info.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
sid_max said:
After flashing my device does not turn on.
I would be very grateful if you could help me.
Thank you.

Hi sid_max,

What was the original firmware? Were you able to back it up? What firmware did you update to?

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
sid_max said:
After flashing my device does not turn on.
I would be very grateful if you could help me.
Thank you.

Hi sid_max,

What was the original firmware? Were you able to back it up? What firmware did you update to?

Dash Cam Man

The original firmware was v2.0.4 G1kb.
to flash on v2.0.3 G1kb
backup did not.

sid_max said:
to flash on v2.0.3 G1kb
backup did not.

Hi sid_max,

As mentioned in the main GS1000 page, your camera appears to be the new blue menu and the firmware is not compatible with the old blue menu cameras. Another member was able to revive his camera in this thread. But he had an old blue menu and mistakenly flashed the new blue menu firmware. Unfortunately the new blue menu cameras are less likely to respond to the DirectUSB commands. You can try removing the battery than flashing the new blue menu firmware.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan said:
sid_max said:
to flash on v2.0.3 G1kb
backup did not.

Hi sid_max,

As mentioned in the main GS1000 page, your camera appears to be the new blue menu and the firmware is not compatible with the old blue menu cameras. Another member was able to revive his camera in this thread. But he had an old blue menu and mistakenly flashed the new blue menu firmware. Unfortunately the new blue menu cameras are less likely to respond to the DirectUSB commands. You can try removing the battery than flashing the new blue menu firmware.

Dash Cam Man

Tried to remove the battery.
But the result is the same.
Maybe you have any other ways to spice up the machine?

sid_max said:
Tried to remove the battery.
But the result is the same.
Maybe you have any other ways to spice up the machine?

Hi sid_max,

If I find out any other ways to revive a bricked device or reflash it, I will post it here.

Dash Cam Man

Hi! I have fake GS1000. This is the one with Orange menu, firmware version 20120929. I bricked it with a wrong firmware from Texet.
It can be resurrected by flasing Texet's F600 ELF firmware image using Ambarella Direct USB. The device will turn on, works as a flash disk, but will not display anything on the screen. This lets you to flash firmware.bin using the built-in firmware update functionality.
Here is the latest firmware 201201122 (22 Nov 2012).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hv23aa

timjosten said:
Hi! I have fake GS1000. This is the one with Orange menu, firmware version 20120929. I bricked it with a wrong firmware from Texet.
It can be resurrected by flasing Texet's F600 ELF firmware image using Ambarella Direct USB. The device will turn on, works as a flash disk, but will not display anything on the screen. This lets you to flash firmware.bin using the built-in firmware update functionality.
Here is the latest firmware 201201122 (22 Nov 2012).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hv23aa

could you tell where did you buy this fake camera ? was it ebay ?

Hi timjosten,

Thanks for the tip on recovering the DVR. Did you get the Texet 600 firmware from here? Any reason you chose that firmware?

I will update the main GS1000 page with this info shortly. Thank you for sharing the firmware as well.

Dash Cam Man

Hello,

where can i get new power cord with cigarette plug type head?

Hello. Winter has come and I found next problem with my camera. When I turn the ignition key into "on" position the camera switches on and starts recordnig, while I wait until the glow plug indication lamp goes out (I have a diesel). When I start the engine the camera switches off. Probably this is caused by cutting off the power in the cigarette lighter socket when engine starter is running. And in low temeratures the engine needs a little more time to start.
I tried to use the "Power on delay" in the camera menu. I set 10 seconds delay, the camera switched on properly after 10 seconds since I turned the ignition key but after 5-10 minutes od driving it suddenly switched off. This situation has repeated a few times. So this is a camera or its software fault.
And what to do with it? I think to modify the camera .power supply. Now the plug of the original calbe is placed in a female cigarette lighter socket, which is connected with several cm long wires by direct soldering to the original cigarette lighter but on tha back side of the lighter cover. I think to lead the 14 V power through a diode and capacitor (e.g. 1000 uF), which would be an energy buffer, supplying the 14 V voltage to the camera when the engine starter is running. What do you think about that?

Mantom said:
I tried to use the "Power on delay" in the camera menu.

Did you try "power off delay" setting?

I took power straight from battery because i park my car daily several times for 10 to 15 minutes and i wanted the camera record that time, and because of this your starting issue too.
This kind of socket and switch (and a fuse) between battery.
[thumbnail]http://biltema.fi/ProductImages/43/large/43-336_l.jpg[/thumbnail]
I kept my old camera in a car all times, but i like this new gs1000 and i take it home with me every night, we have something like -10 to -20 celsius in winter.

Sabe said:
Mantom said:
I tried to use the "Power on delay" in the camera menu.

Did you try "power off delay" setting?

I have found "Power off" item. I will try make some experiments with it. Thanks :D
But the fact the camera suddenly switches off is strange

Hi, everyone.

I've got Mteco HD iTracker – Russian Model (Orange Menu), Firmware-version SMH3.33. I tried to upgrade it to the latest SMH3.34-version, downloaded it to the flash-card just as the instructions said. My cam briefly showed a menu, I didn't had any time to read it except the choices "Yes/No", then this menu vanished. The cam acted normal just like it should, the FW-version didn't changed, so I decided to restart it. But it didn't. Nothing happened. I waited about half a minute, tried to start it again, then took out the card and inserted it into my computer. Along the "normal" orders where there two .bin files and a flash**.log file. The log-file stops at 4%. Since then my cam is still in-operational. I afraid I was too impatient with the update. Is there any way to resurrect my cam or is it a 150 Euro-worth of junk? :(

PS: Sorry for my english :oops:

Mantom said:
Hello. Winter has come and I found next problem with my camera. When I turn the ignition key into "on" position the camera switches on and starts recordnig, while I wait until the glow plug indication lamp goes out (I have a diesel). When I start the engine the camera switches off. Probably this is caused by cutting off the power in the cigarette lighter socket when engine starter is running. And in low temeratures the engine needs a little more time to start.
I tried to use the "Power on delay" in the camera menu. I set 10 seconds delay, the camera switched on properly after 10 seconds since I turned the ignition key but after 5-10 minutes od driving it suddenly switched off. This situation has repeated a few times. So this is a camera or its software fault.
And what to do with it? I think to modify the camera .power supply. Now the plug of the original calbe is placed in a female cigarette lighter socket, which is connected with several cm long wires by direct soldering to the original cigarette lighter but on tha back side of the lighter cover. I think to lead the 14 V power through a diode and capacitor (e.g. 1000 uF), which would be an energy buffer, supplying the 14 V voltage to the camera when the engine starter is running. What do you think about that?

Hi Mantom,

That is the first time I have heard of that issue. The capacitor is one way of doing that but it is beyond my electronics expertise. Another option is to find a fuse that receives power when ignition is on and does not get cut off when the engine is starting. You could then hardwire into that circuit.

yacusya said:
Hi, everyone.

I've got Mteco HD iTracker – Russian Model (Orange Menu), Firmware-version SMH3.33. I tried to upgrade it to the latest SMH3.34-version, downloaded it to the flash-card just as the instructions said. My cam briefly showed a menu, I didn't had any time to read it except the choices "Yes/No", then this menu vanished. The cam acted normal just like it should, the FW-version didn't changed, so I decided to restart it. But it didn't. Nothing happened. I waited about half a minute, tried to start it again, then took out the card and inserted it into my computer. Along the "normal" orders where there two .bin files and a flash**.log file. The log-file stops at 4%. Since then my cam is still in-operational. I afraid I was too impatient with the update. Is there any way to resurrect my cam or is it a 150 Euro-worth of junk? :(

PS: Sorry for my english :oops:
'

Hi Yacusya,

If you have bricked your device the best way to unbrick it is via the DirectUSB softwareDirectUSB Software. The tricky part is getting it into USB Boot mode. Removing and putting back the battery sometimes helps since it acts as a reset.

Hi Mantom,

That is the first time I have heard of that issue. The capacitor is one way of doing that but it is beyond my electronics expertise. Another option is to find a fuse that receives power when ignition is on and does not get cut off when the engine is starting. You could then hardwire into that circuit.

It is probably a standard in modern cars. When the starter is on the power in the lighter socket is cut off by the ignition switch. It is so because the starter consumes a big current and all the unnecessary electric devices (e.g headlamps, heated glass, cigarette lighter) should be switched off.

I also tried the "power off delay option". The same effect. The camera suddenly switches off.
Perhaps it is damaged? :x

Thanks for reply. I've been up till 3 a.m., read some forums, tried some elf's from different manufacturer and finally managed to bring my cam alive with an THX3.34 firmware. Now I've got firmware from another manufacturer, but it works just fine and got some new features :)
My next step was to bring the battery functioning again, since it doesn't have any juice at all - if I unplug the cam from external power supply it dies instantly, thus the last recorded file becomes corrupt. I plugged the battery on my SE charger, to see if it could be restored at all. Till then the cam runs with the battery from my old SE K600 :D
Got another questions: the feature "Split files to 1/5/10/so-on" minutes doesn't work at all. The cam continues to shoot an infinite file, till I manually stop it. Didn't work at old firmware, don't work with the new either. How can I fix that?
Motion-detection option works fine, but only together with "Split files"-option, otherwise it doesn't record other the old files. Is it normal, if not how do I fix this too?

Mantom said:
It is probably a standard in modern cars. When the starter is on the power in the lighter socket is cut off by the ignition switch. It is so because the starter consumes a big current and all the unnecessary electric devices (e.g headlamps, heated glass, cigarette lighter) should be switched off.

I also tried the "power off delay option". The same effect. The camera suddenly switches off.
Perhaps it is damaged? :x

Hi Mantom. Not sure if it is damaged or a software issue. Often times the power on / power off delays due not work properly on the GS1000 cameras. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for your problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back