GS1000

nikon said:
just received my GS1000 from dealextreme on thursday
http://dx.com/p/5-0mp-cmos-wide-angle-c ... -961118263

orange menu with SMH 4.36.220812B
I ordered the same one from AliExpress but for ~118$
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/531215421.html

I also got the "quick release" holder for the GS1000 cuz it's way smaller than the suction cup and I can also take the dash cam inside during these -30-35C temperatures !!!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/681435665.html

I wanted to buy the GS1000 from DX after I read in one topic that they have the smH4.35.210512A version, but after I contacted them to confirm, I realized they're a bunch of efing morons as they had no idea what firmware version they were selling.

I'm gonna buy another GS1000 from AliExpress one month from now, after China post comes back to normal and I'll get free shippin.

This one is gonna be the smH4.35.210512A version:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/546628673.html

I'll put them side by side and I'll add the ITRONICS ITB-100HD......I'm curious to see how it's gonna turn out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you already know who is winning but I will wait also your camera comparison.

Alexpatrascu said:
nikon said:
I'm gonna buy another GS1000 from AliExpress one month from now, after China post comes back to normal and I'll get free shippin.
What problems are with China Post now? :eek:

enjoy,
Mtz

I got my GS1000 yesterday. I bought it from DealExtreme. FW-version is SMH 4.36.220812B. I haven't had any problems yet :)

Mtz said:
What problems are with China Post now? :eek:

enjoy,
Mtz
They're "not working" right now:
"China Post has stopped the service , because it is near Chinese New Year now, and we will begin China Post service on 2013-02-20 "

I think China Post is a little backed up and some sellers prefer to ship with Hong Kong post instead just so they don't have to deal with the delayed packages.

Alexpatrascu said:
China Post has stopped the service , because it is near Chinese New Year now

That's bad news, last year i waited 2 months because of party elections, and now this.
Sometimes i really hate chinese people and their business habits.

Is this normal GS1000 night video quality? Especially first 10 seconds. The car's lights had been turned on but I can't see almost anything. Traffic signs and some lights only (first 10 seconds).

pertti said:
Is this normal GS1000 night video quality? Especially first 10 seconds. The car's lights had been turned on but I can't see almost anything. Traffic signs and some lights only (first 10 seconds).
Can't help it but to me it looks like you put lights on around 13 second mark.
Video should show at least car headlights no matter how dark it is.

That user just want to prove that was a real dark night. Also we must consider that the snow will add brightness to the image so that video prove bad quality during low light conditions.

You can see a difference between a dark recording and a dark snow city recording. Same camera (808 #18, but I want to show how different are recordings based on snow light reflection).

enjoy,
Mtz

Alexpatrascu said:
nikon said:
http://dx.com/p/5-0mp-cmos-wide-angle-c ... -961118263

orange menu with SMH 4.36.220812B

I also got the "quick release" holder for the GS1000 cuz it's way smaller than the suction cup and I can also take the dash cam inside during these -30-35C temperatures !!!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/681435665.html

I'll put them side by side and I'll add the ITRONICS ITB-100HD......I'm curious to see how it's gonna turn out.

Thank you for the link to the 3M bracket holder. I've been looking everywhere for it. I'm going to buy a few.

I don't trust Aliexpress because the sellers and the customer support are not as reliable as DealExtreme.

The GS1000 will not beat the Itronics ITB-100HD in video quality and night quality.
There's a reason why the GS1000 is $100~ and the ITB-100HD is $200.

However, if you do a lens mod to the GS1000 as I did with a super wide lens, it makes the GS1000 a very good value.

kay188 said:
Thank you for the link to the 3M bracket holder. I've been looking everywhere for it. I'm going to buy a few.

I don't trust Aliexpress because the sellers and the customer support are not as reliable as DealExtreme.

The GS1000 will not beat the Itronics ITB-100HD in video quality and night quality.
There's a reason why the GS1000 is $100~ and the ITB-100HD is $200.

However, if you do a lens mod to the GS1000 as I did with a super wide lens, it makes the GS1000 a very good value.
No problem Kay....I posted the link for the "quick release" bracket in a few topics just to spread the word...seeing it's such a good investment.

This is my first time dealing with AliExpress(I've bought things before from DX) and if I'm happy with the purchase I'll buy maybe buy another one

The seller that I got this dash cam from was very fast in replying to my messages....the morons from DX had no idea what firmware version their dash cam had....and I talked to 2 of them.

I'll take a look at the mod you did on your GS1000, if it's not too difficult I'll give it a try.

Alexpatrascu said:
No problem Kay....I posted the link for the "quick release" bracket in a few topics just to spread the word...seeing it's such a good investment.

This is my first time dealing with AliExpress(I've bought things before from DX) and if I'm happy with the purchase I'll buy maybe buy another one

The seller that I got this dash cam from was very fast in replying to my messages....the morons from DX had no idea what firmware version their dash cam had....and I talked to 2 of them.

I'll take a look at the mod you did on your GS1000, if it's not too difficult I'll give it a try.

AliExpress is good, it's like an ebay for china sellers, but some of them are sketchy.
I wish I could have paid with paypal for the 3M brackets instead of credit card.

However, the Aliexpress one is a few bucks cheaper than DX. DX has good customer support and warranty return in case of anything though. That's why I prefer to stick with DX.

I posted the lens mod up in the lens replacement thread. It's VERY easy to mod and change the lens.
The only hard part is that you will have to cut your housing for the 2.1mm lens that I used.
You can possibly buy the 1.8mm lens that DX offers. It looks like it will fit without any housing modification.
The view in 1080p is now a proper wide view. In 720p, the view is even wider, near 160 degrees!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31&start=20#p2315

Hi All.

Recently I've bought GS1000 DVR from ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vehicle...251?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2570d61133.
Every time I connect the power supply (car cigarette lighter, PC or regular electric socket) it shows me the following message "connect to PC".
The only way to avoid it is to turn on the device without the external power.
The device firmware starts with: 201201... (I don't remember rest).
Have you seen this before? Is there any thought about this issue?
Is there any chance that it is because of firmware?

Thanks.

P.S. The seller is very responsive, but it takes 40-50 days to ship it back and another 40-50 days to receive a new one (+40$ for post service).

VardanK said:
Every time I connect the power supply (car cigarette lighter, PC or regular electric socket) it shows me the following message "connect to PC"
There is two types of power cables used in gs1000 cameras and here they are.
lh5.googleusercontent.com__3OI9PksOAPs_UQTyimAxo2I_AAAAAAAAAUo_oJDErno7cAo_s568_pins.jpg

There is no other way to test which one you have but voltmeter and two fine needles to poke with.
In both cases data pins (2 and 3) should not be connected, otherwise cable is recognized as data cable.
I don't know is it possible that they have sold you wrong charger?

Sabe said:
pertti said:
Can't help it but to me it looks like you put lights on around 13 second mark.
Video should show at least car headlights no matter how dark it is.
The headlights had been put on but the low beams was put on (00:13) because there were streetlights. You can see that headlights was used before 00:13 because the light reflects from traffic signs and other reflectors.

pertti said:
The headlights had been put on but the low beams was put on (00:13) because there were streetlights. You can see that headlights was used before 00:13 because the light reflects from traffic signs and other reflectors.
Then the answer is: it's not normal.
I understand that you got newer firmware than mine, maybe something is changed.
I have nightmode option set to "auto night mode", have you check that?

Alexpatrascu said:
kay188 said:
I posted the link for the "quick release" bracket in a few topics just to spread the word..
On some description of this quick release I saw some advertising like 360 degrees rotation. And judging from the pictures I think it is not possible, Also from the same picture I am not so sure if that mounting is so quick. I think the user must to twist the screw. Maybe somebody will post a youtube video with this quick release.

enjoy,
Mtz

Sabe said:
Then the answer is: it's not normal.
I understand that you got newer firmware than mine, maybe something is changed.
I have nightmode option set to "auto night mode", have you check that?

I checked it, and it was "off" and I chose "auto night mode". I have to test it some day. What is "auto anti glare"?

pertti said:
What is "auto anti glare"?
In theory it improves night vision, but it's best to test what it does really.

Sabe said:
VardanK said:
Every time I connect the power supply (car cigarette lighter, PC or regular electric socket) it shows me the following message "connect to PC"
There is two types of power cables used in gs1000 cameras and here they are.
lh5.googleusercontent.com__3OI9PksOAPs_UQTyimAxo2I_AAAAAAAAAUo_oJDErno7cAo_s568_pins.jpg

There is no other way to test which one you have but voltmeter and two fine needles to poke with.
In both cases data pins (2 and 3) should not be connected, otherwise cable is recognized as data cable.
I don't know is it possible that they have sold you wrong charger?
Thanks, I was going to write that the issue is resolved! You right it is exactly what was happened to me.
Again, Thanks a LOT!

Alexpatrascu said:
]
They're "not working" right now:
"China Post has stopped the service , because it is near Chinese New Year now, and we will begin China Post service on 2013-02-20 "

I think China Post is a little backed up and some sellers prefer to ship with Hong Kong post instead just so they don't have to deal with the delayed packages.
I asked some chinese contact about that 1 month stupidity for China Post not working.
In this 2013 year (you can read also in Wikipedia) the Chinese New Year is on 10 february. Some asian countries have about 2-3 free days in that period with some small differences.
The official chinese holiday is between 9 february to 15 february. So they will work on 8 and 16 february. And 9 and 10 february is saturday and sunday so we can say they will not work just 5 days, not two months as below.

The Chinese New Year is the biggest chinese excuse used to not offer some service. When they don't want to offer something, before one month of New Year and one month after they are blaming not satisfying you because of this holiday.
Chinese have some known lies like:
- Chinese New Year is at least one month and whole country is almost sopped
- our engineers are working to solve the problem (99.99% of the cases there is no engineer)
- excuse that at some moment they don't understand your questions because their english is not good.

And almost all chinese sellers are working also with Singapore Post and Hong Kong Post very easy, like with China Post.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back